The General Conversation Area

Arbalest said:
can we stop on even ground and say i have cider? i detest beer ;p If so, we have a deal.

Deal lol

Was on the phone to Kayls, she refuses to come to the expo, so i called an old friend from high school, had the first 5 minutes of the call as
"who's this?"
"Its Tachi"
"who?"
"Uzzy its me *insert real name here*"
"OH! how're you?"

So on and so forth, end result is he'll be coming to the expo with me :D good times 8)
rembered i have a tenner in my wallet; big mac meal, sweets from poundland (i'd rather a quid for 3 packs of kinder bueno that 45p a pop)

Nice, sorted then hah.

As for when i go down, if i can. Chances are i'll be on my lonesome, though i do remember my brother said he wanted to go once. If time allows it for both of us, i'll ask him if he can manage to make it, but we'll see anyways. Noone else i know about who would go down anyways.

Tachi- said:
I've decided that this time round i'm buying a katana, and kayls isn't talking me out of it this time! >:p
Prepare your wallet! These things are expensive =S don't forget to get it properly wrapped.

Tachi- said:
Going for the Merch and the deals, and the meet up :thumb:
See you then!

Arbalest said:
What's with everyone suddenly wanting to meet me XD I say it be a little weird >.>
Yeah, we want to see for ourselves how weird you are, in the hopes you're weirder than the rest of us :p
Seriously, you seen to be a cool bloke, so why not?

Arbalest said:
can we stop on even ground and say i have cider? i detest beer ;p If so, we have a deal.
Tequila perhaps?

Arbalest said:
As for when i go down, if i can. Chances are i'll be on my lonesome, though i do remember my brother said he wanted to go once. If time allows it for both of us, i'll ask him if he can manage to make it, but we'll see anyways. Noone else i know about who would go down anyways.
I'm not entirely sure I'll be settled down, so can't really offer a place for you guys this time around. I'll be moving out from my flat the week before expo. If I'm settled, you're defintely invited though.

Zin5ki said:
Last time I just surreptitiously sipped from my water bottle whilst others drank. I also loaned a chip from hopeful_monster.
Dammit... Haven't noticed that you were not drinking with us and missed my chance to see how would you act if drunk... Missed an opportunity for pure comedy gold =P

chaos said:
Tachi- said:
I've decided that this time round i'm buying a katana, and kayls isn't talking me out of it this time! >:p
Prepare your wallet! These things are expensive =S don't forget to get it properly wrapped.

How much are we talking roughly? £150? that'll probably be a rough amount to sell a sword, and yeah i'm making sure it comes in a box of some sort that doesn't look like a sword container; an IKEA logo on the box would completely throw people off the scent :p

Chaos said:
Arbalest said:
What's with everyone suddenly wanting to meet me XD I say it be a little weird >.>
Yeah, we want to see for ourselves how weird you are, in the hopes you're weirder than the rest of us :p
Seriously, you seen to be a cool bloke, so why not?

Zin5ki is the perfectionist at this, i'll remember to applaud him this time lol

Chaos said:
Arbalest said:
Tequila perhaps?

Not unless you want to see my breakfast again, thats one of 2 drinks i can't drink (mainly because the salt and lime part is horrible, the other drink is bacardi)

Chaos said:
I'm not entirely sure I'll be settled down, so can't really offer a place for you guys this time around. I'll be moving out from my flat the week before expo. If I'm settled, you're defintely invited though.

Brazillian party at Chaos' house ;) we require women, poker and alcohol. (ramen wouldn't go a miss either :lol: )

Chaos said:
Zin5ki said:
Last time I just surreptitiously sipped from my water bottle whilst others drank. I also loaned a chip from hopeful_monster.
Dammit... Haven't noticed that you were not drinking with us and missed my chance to see how would you act if drunk... Missed an opportunity for pure comedy gold =P

I thought he was rather funny last time, any ideas if Hopeful monster will be about this time, or has he decided to give it a miss now he's finally won his fight to get a hanging poster? lol.

(at uni, can only use quick reply, so won't quote)

@chaos: I guess, well provided exams go well and i can organise something, i should be able to make it. Tequila though? Spirits are a no go ;p Cider only. As for having a place to stay, i should be able to pursuade the people i stayed with previously to let me stay with them again. So it's all good.

NOOOOO!!!! I just wrote an essay and caught delete on my keyboard going back a page... TT_TT - "sob"

Right! As I was saying! It's freaking roasting in the office again today and I've been working my **** off! Finally brought myself back up to date with work after taking last Friday off. Now I can chill a little and slow myself down before I start to finish up for the day. *slouches in chair*

Hey Arby, all you need to do is get yourself into exam mode and maybe do a Konata and cram tonight. That way, you can get those exams out the way and come back to doing things you like... like cider perhaps. =P

Tachi- said:
Chaos said:
Tequila perhaps?
Not unless you want to see my breakfast again, thats one of 2 drinks i can't drink (mainly because the salt and lime part is horrible, the other drink is bacardi)
You weakling! ;)

Tachi- said:
Chaos said:

Brazillian party at Chaos' house ;) we require women, poker and alcohol. (ramen wouldn't go a miss either :lol: )
Wut? Brazilian party with ramen? BBQ all the way mate! and we don't play poker, we play either dominoes or truco.

Tachi- said:
any ideas if Hopeful monster will be about this time, or has he decided to give it a miss now he's finally won his fight to get a hanging poster? lol.
Hopeful said this could be his last Expo for a while, as he got accepted in some course somewhere.

Arbalest said:
@chaos: I guess, well provided exams go well and i can organise something, i should be able to make it. Tequila though? Spirits are a no go ;p Cider only. As for having a place to stay, i should be able to pursuade the people i stayed with previously to let me stay with them again. So it's all good.
Cool, I knew, but I've forgot about it.

chaos said:
Wut? Brazilian party with ramen? BBQ all the way mate! and we don't play poker, we play either dominoes or truco.
I was hoping truco was a game involving swords, guns or stripping but o... just a nother card game... ¬_¬
:lol:
Strangely enough, I've played the game a few years ago myself while I was on nights with an old Brazzillian friend. I couldn't get my head round it and thought he kept chaning the rules to beat me. He loved the game...
I never won.
:roll:

Voddas said:
Strangely enough, I've played the game a few years ago myself while I was on nights with an old Brazzillian friend. I couldn't get my head round it and thought he kept chaning the rules to beat me. He loved the game...
I never won.
:roll:
Truco ladrão! That's what you have to say next time you see him.

Hah, cramming in one night would be nice, bar the fact that if i don't pass everything and get my average above 45%, i get kicked outta uni. No pressure, right? ;p

@ chaos, do you remember how much the katana's are at the expo?

Anyway Fair enough, BBQ and beer sound good too. and the tequila was new years...rather than a teaspoon of salt, i ended up with a mouthfull. It made me gag :/

Hoping for summer weather that day :) will be wearing a suit ofcorse ^_^

Arbalest said:
Hah, cramming in one night would be nice, bar the fact that if i don't pass everything and get my average above 45%, i get kicked outta uni. No pressure, right? ;p

yeah i've been getting over 50%, they said that i need to get it to 75% or i'm at risk of failing....mainly due to working so late that i can't turn up for the lessons and that i tend to do my online chapters whilst hung over or steaming off my rocker.

Arbalest said:
...if i don't pass everything and get my average above 45%, i get kicked outta uni. No pressure, right? ;p
You will pass! the amount of studying you're putting to it, will bear fruits! =D

Tachi- said:
@ chaos, do you remember how much the katana's are at the expo?
Metal ones were over a 100, a really cool one I've seen was going for 300.

Tachi- said:
Anyway Fair enough, BBQ and beer sound good too. and the tequila was new years...rather than a teaspoon of salt, i ended up with a mouthfull. It made me gag :/
But real BBQ with REAL meat, not burgers like the brit does ;)
WRT to Tequila, well... ROFLMAO

Tachi- said:
Hoping for summer weather that day :) will be wearing a suit ofcorse ^_^
I'll wear my first cosplay if everything goes well =)

Tachi- said:
yeah i've been getting over 50%, they said that i need to get it to 75% or i'm at risk of failing....mainly due to working so late that i can't turn up for the lessons and that i tend to do my online chapters whilst hung over or steaming off my rocker.
Well, good luck for you too.

chaos said:
But real BBQ with REAL meat, not burgers like the brit does
Humbug! One just needs to use the right sort of cuts, and apply appropriate flavours to compensate for any limitations to the meat itself.

I myself rely on onions and stock.

timmy said:
Any one have any tattoos?
No tatoos. I wish I had the Queensryhe symbol. Love that cross.

Zin5ki said:
chaos said:
But real BBQ with REAL meat, not burgers like the brit does
Humbug! One just needs to use the right sort of cuts, and apply appropriate flavours to compensate for any limitations to the meat itself.

I myself rely on onions and stock.
Blasphemy!!!!

Back