The General Conversation Area

Might possibly just the be limitations of the system?
I think this is most likely the case. Chances are someone does a quick skim of the contents and if there's anything in there that's taxable they just use the value in the final valuation field for calculations.

Splitting everything out and doing separate calculations would probably cause too much overhead at the receiving end. So it likely gets pushed to the end of the process, and the folks who organise a refund, if the person paying the charges bothers taking it that far (which I imagine the majority don't seeing as it's such a faff).

So we are totally going to be having another election soon aren't we? I mean yesterday was a complete destruction of May's Brexit Government right? I mean the Party that kept her in power have now pulled the rug from underneath her feet on the biggest stage of them all.

It's incredible how every single warning given before the referendum has come to pass one after another.

Part of me thinks it's some kind of ploy so that all sides can save face. Not only has she lost the support of the DUP but she's caused her self a lot of trouble with certain parts of the uk by letting Northern Ireland stay in the customs union.

For there to be a general election really depends on who replaces May and weather or not they can keep the DUP on-board, but i honestly couldn't see the Tories calling another election if they didn't have to.

And to answer luna's question it's a vote for a new parliament but I wouldn't rule out another Brexit vote especially if a lot of pro EU MP's get elected.

Well yesterday was an eventful day for me. Had to have my ferret (Dixy) put down, she was 8 and really not well at all so I’m totally bummed by that then I end up getting given a boa constrictor later the same day. Honestly feels like I’ll never get a time without pets now. Don’t get me wrong I totally love them but with having so many (17 including the boa) seems like someone will constantly have something go wrong with them. Just needed to vent a bit, loved Dixy to bits. Still do in all honesty.

Well yesterday was an eventful day for me. Had to have my ferret (Dixy) put down, she was 8 and really not well at all so I’m totally bummed by that then I end up getting given a boa constrictor later the same day. Honestly feels like I’ll never get a time without pets now. Don’t get me wrong I totally love them but with having so many (17 including the boa) seems like someone will constantly have something go wrong with them. Just needed to vent a bit, loved Dixy to bits. Still do in all honesty.

Aww, that must have been an emotional day. Do you have any pictures of Dixy (or the boa)? Ferrets are gorgeous :(

R

Well yesterday was an eventful day for me. Had to have my ferret (Dixy) put down, she was 8 and really not well at all so I’m totally bummed by that then I end up getting given a boa constrictor later the same day.

Really sorry to hear that. But I don't doubt that it was the best decision for her sake.

I've recently been looking after a pal's dog off and on - a beautiful Siberian husky. He'd been suffering with acute canine depression since losing his kennel mate (another husky, but this one was a crossbreed.)

He held on for a couple of months, during which time we had to contend with him self harming. Stressed dogs tend to chew through their paws, and this poor little guy wasn't eating properly either. We were JUST managing to turn hin around and get him back to his old self when I got the call last weekend that his back legs had stopped working. Neurological issue. He passed the following morning. Peacefully, thank goodness.

Very sad business. His owners are still cut up about it. But we take comfort knowing that we did everything we could to give him some quality of life during his final weeks.

Bloody pets, man. They break your heart.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago we had to put our Staffie down, the vets thinks she had a stroke. As one day she was her usual daft self and the next it was like a switch had flipped in her head. She could hardly stand and didn’t know how to drink. We took her to the vets and said that’s what they thought it was. We were told we could send her off for test but they didn’t think she would survive the journey. So we decided to have her put to sleep while we were with her and not alone.

She was 15 so she had a good innings.

Aww, that must have been an emotional day. Do you have any pictures of Dixy (or the boa)? Ferrets are gorgeous :(

R

Yeah it was, really wanted to say no to getting the snake but found out it was just getting what the cats brought back so decided I’d at least get it fed properly. Totally not fair to feed the snake food that’s potentially contaminated with diseases and parasites. Going to have to get it a check up ASAP. No pictures of either but I do have a video of Dixy running around but apparently it’s too large to upload directly, any suggestions?

Really sorry to hear that. But I don't doubt that it was the best decision for her sake.

I've recently been looking after a pal's dog off and on - a beautiful Siberian husky. He'd been suffering with acute canine depression since losing his kennel mate (another husky, but this one was a crossbreed.)

He held on for a couple of months, during which time we had to contend with him self harming. Stressed dogs tend to chew through their paws, and this poor little guy wasn't eating properly either. We were JUST managing to turn hin arund and get him back to his old self when I got the call last weekend that his back legs had stopped working. Neurological issue. He passed the following morning. Peacefully, thank goodness.

Very sad business. His owners are still cut up about it. But we take comfort knowing that we did everything we could to give him some quality of life during his final weeks.

Bloody pets, man. They break your heart.

Yeah it was the best decision for her, for whatever reason one day she was fine, the next she was a little ill, the next she couldn’t stand passed up food & water and it was just pretty obvious she wouldn’t make it much further. Broke my heart but couldn’t put her through that, wasn’t the first time she was ill recently.

Sorry to hear about the husky. Seriously not nice when stuff like that happens. Reminds me of Albert (my boxer) he didn’t lose anyone but did get cancer of the lymph nodes, had to encourage him to eat for a short while then he just stopped, had arranged an appointment for him but he passed peacefully in the night leading up to it. Got to admit, I much prefer the peaceful passings. It’s still not nice to happen but at least it’s well peaceful.

My supervisor left today, moved to another office and I thought that I'd give her something. When I started she asked me what kind of music I listen to and I mentioned that I had some Japanese stuff and she seemed super enthusiastic and asked me if I watch anime which I said I did, she never really watched much herself but mentioned how she watched Lupin when she was younger and so today I brought her Cagliostro on BD, she didn't realize what it was at first but seemed enthusiastic all the same but when she saw Lupin on the cover her eyes widened and she just shouted "LUPIN!" and hugged me. Ya'll will grill me for the next bit but I ripped a few of my BD's onto a memory stick and gave it to her, a few Ghibli films, she said she was travelling with her laptop so I thought that she'd enjoy that, told her to text me what she thinks of them when she watches them. She said that she had some Japanese cartoons on netflix she wanted to watch but I didn't ask what they were, I'm bad at goodbye's.

So Windows 10 is currently reeling off a list of pretty much every image, audio and video file type it's resetting to open by default with built-in MS programs because "an app caused a problem with the default app" (God I hate that word. This is a COMPUTER not a smartphone, it's a PROGRAM).

What is that "app" that's caused the problem MS, was it your "app" by any chance?

——-

Good News! My gunpla from Japan I ordered two months ago that I thought were lost in the post aren’t. Bad News! They’ve gone back to Japan because the friggin’ Post Office never sent me a slip to collect them.

Last edited:
Back