The General Conversation Area

Discussion in 'Random Chit-Chat' started by Tachi, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Vashdaman

Vashdaman Za Warudo

Ah man. The Friend zone isn't really a real thing is it? I've never really been in it with a girl I fancy. I thought it was just something salty guys said. Surely the more you get to know someone, you'll know more clearly if you're attracted to them or not? Can you lose attraction for someone because of being friends? Aaaahhh

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. Rui

Rui Karamatsu Boy Administrator

It is my understanding that the friend zone is a concept made up by aspiring pickup artists to explain why someone might not want to tear off their clothes and sleep with them after getting to know them first rather, than a real thing. I have never gone out with someone who didn't befriend me first!

R

st_owly and Vashdaman like this.
  3. Dave1988

Dave1988 Great Teacher

Is very confusing im in the same boat with a girl._._ never easy

4. Neil.T

Neil.T Hunter

Thanks so much again, Vash. Those have become the most incredible words of comfort for me now.

5. ayase

ayase Mushi-shi

I know a lot of people dislike the term or see it as sexist or whatever, but I feel like it's a pretty neutral term and that everyone (or at least everyone single) has people in their "friendzone". To me it's just friends who belong to the gender/s (and perhaps age group) you're open to relationships with but for whatever reason you wouldn't actually ever be interested in romantically.

Maybe it's just me being my usual blunt and harsh self, but there are certainly people I would class as being in my friendzone because while I get along with them fine and I think they might be open to a relationship with me, I don't find them physically attractive or interesting enough. So if I have one, I think it's fine for other people to have one and put me in it as well.

6. msgeek

msgeek Magical Girl

I got followed on twitter today by some American Jesus Trucking company. As far as I can tell I have nothing to do with any of these things. I might be able to understand if some of the other people they had followed were random but they all appear America / Jesus / Trucking related.

Twitter is strange.

7. Zin5ki

Zin5ki Railgun

The 'scattergun' approach to social media marketing! Follow all, and see who is naive enough to be flattered. One can only wonder how profitable the practice actually is.

8. st_owly

st_owly Guild Member

I've had some really bizarre people follow me on Twitter before but nothing that odd.

9. Rena Ryuugu

Rena Ryuugu Oyashiro-Sama

I finally have a job at long last :D

serpantino, st_owly, Peachy and 5 others like this.
  10. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Congrats!

Rena Ryuugu likes this.
  11. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Combat Butler

Got paid Monday...there's stuff I want to buy but I'm holding off until my cars had its MOT on Thursday.

12. Rena Ryuugu

Thank you :)

IncendiaryLemon likes this.
  13. Zin5ki

Zin5ki Railgun

Huzzah! Huzzah in many, glorious ways!

Rena Ryuugu likes this.
  14. Rena Ryuugu

Thank you Zin :)

Zin5ki likes this.
  15. Blaize

Blaize Adventurer

Why do UKIP keep getting so much air time in this election!? They don't have a single MP and are on course to keep it that way after this election. Yet they get more air time than the Greens. It's a ******* joke.

Watanabe Ken likes this.
  16. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Great Teacher

Edit I was watching the last leg the other night and host said that the parties get airtime by how well they did at the last election and apparently ukip nearly 4 million votes so that's why there getting so much airtime

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  17. Watanabe Ken

Watanabe Ken Great Teacher

Bloody hell Donald Trump likes the sound of his own voice he's meant to be giving a speech not a putting on a play

18. Voddas

Voddas Symphogear

Just wanted to say that my thoughts go out to all those involved in the Manchester Arena Bombing last night. Such a sad state the world is in right now... and targeting somewhere which is bound to have a younger audience too. It's a disgrace! Well done you bastards, you must be so proud!

I live near Manchester and I've already found some of my friends and families were at the event, or had someone they loved there. Fortunately they have come away with minor cuts and bruises. Same can't be said for others though.

There are no words...

19. Neil.T

Neil.T Hunter

Well said, @Voddas.

:(

20. crashmatt

crashmatt Thousand Master

Absolutely sickening attack that was clearly targeting families & children. As a Mancunian I've seen several incidents down the years including the IRA bomb. This is far worse, I really feel for all the people caught up in this, my heart goes out to them.