The General Conversation Area

chaos said:
ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
Tachi- said:
i'll add you to this craziness then.....and spyro spends the whole time in the pool.....considering going fishing....could be the only way to get him to resurface.

Haha. Y'know, in real life, I can't swim! XD
So you not resurfacing is accurate then. :p
spot on!
So, how's today guys? I'm planning dinner with a few friends tonight in a restaurant with a nice waitress. Maybe I'll ask her number today, if I'm drunk enough.

Go for it.

you only live once :D
my mate richard who i used to work with is 24 and over the years he packed on the pounds...when i met him he was rather fat and looked abit funny (he's fillipino and a complete legend) he joined a gym a year and a half ago and still goes....but about 2-4 months later he looked really toned and healthy....asked out the same girl he asked out when he was chubby (when she said no the first time) she said yeah the second time :p
so yeah....if at first you don't succeed....show her what she's missing!

and chaos....check your emails :)

Tachi- said:
ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
Tachi- said:
i'll add you to this craziness then.....and spyro spends the whole time in the pool.....considering going fishing....could be the only way to get him to resurface.

Haha. Y'know, in real life, I can't swim! XD
So you not resurfacing is accurate then. :p

LOL yeah...it still makes sense :p

Exactly :p I'm saying how crazy that is that you managed to guess right! :lol:

I find it amazing people still say that swimming is a skill that without, you risk death. I didn't think the risk of drowning was that high anymore...

By risk death- I mean I was warned if I didn't learn then i'd probably die. It's a crucial life skill apperntly.

Thanks for the encouragement Tachi =)
Yeah, I joined a Gym as well, but progress is happening really slow for me. I realize exercise is good to keep you from getting fat, but not really the best thing for you to loose weight.
I'm considering starting some sort of diet soon.

you'd be surprised :p

its really hard to drown....but with my hand on your head....i'm not sure it'd take too long ;)

urgh i wish black would stop boinking his gf and bloody sign in! :/

no problem chaos...i'm meaning to ask....can me and ayase organise the things i mentioned in that email? contacting industries on behalf of the website and the other bits. it all goes through you but we sort it out ??

*pulls puss in boots cute begging move*

Depends what you do I guess. If you don't go in the water then you don't really need to know how to swim, just as you don't need to wear a parachute if you aren't jumping out of a plane.. :lol:

My day is cold, wet, quiet and boring. ::sigh:: And it was so great last week in terms of weather and custom. I need to get this goddamn internet shop sorted.

Tachi- said:

Well theres a mental image I didn't need. xP

Day has been pretty dull so far. Just another day of dodging revision.
I watched Nausicaa again though. I swear that film gets better each time I watch it.

ayase said:
Depends what you do I guess. If you don't go in the water then you don't really need to know how to swim, just as you don't need to wear a parachute if you aren't jumping out of a plane.. :lol:

My day is cold, wet, quiet and boring. ::sigh:: And it was so great last week in terms of weather and custom. I need to get this goddamn internet shop sorted.

Y'know, there aint that much water for me to accidently fall in, and puddles aren't 6ft yet. It's not like im gonna dive in some water not knowing what i'm getting myself into :lol:

iisan said:
Tachi- said:

Well theres a mental image I didn't need. xP

Day has been pretty dull so far. Just another day of dodging revision.
I watched Nausicaa again though. I swear that film gets better each time I watch it.

you know....i agree....we need a animation ofsomeone being sick lol

ayase....check your emails

Tachi- said:
Done. Just scanned as I'm about to pack up for the day.

Interesting proposition though Tach... I'll reply later once I've read through it in greater detail.

Anyway, See ya later guys. Should have some Gall Force waiting for me to watch when I get home tonight. :)

ayase said:
Tachi- said:
Done. Just scanned as I'm about to pack up for the day.

Interesting proposition though Tach... I'll reply later once I've read through it in greater detail.

Anyway, See ya later guys. Should have some Gall Force waiting for me to watch when I get home tonight. :)

i keep meaning to watch some of that i've heard its funny.

and good good. i'll be out to two parties tonight :)

anyone need to contact me out of work then here: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tachi- said:
I think someone is jelous. =P

Tachi- said:
no problem chaos...i'm meaning to ask....can me and ayase organise the things i mentioned in that email? contacting industries on behalf of the website and the other bits. it all goes through you but we sort it out ??
Is Ayase involved? Anyway, if you guys draft your plans on a quick email, I'm more than happy to get this rolling. Of course, I need to know what you're planning before green-lighting anything, but help is always appreciated =)

heres something i just noticed that doujinshi circle Pokopii done a Kodomo no Jikan comic, good know what it's like though

75994.jpg

in other news North Korea seems to be "hot" this time of the year, and not much else from the 5 secretive states, not sure whether you could use the same "secretive" for Syrian even though their a single party, but then so's Eritrea

oh and i only just noticed about Fiji and the 2006 coup d'ete, great so scrap that of the holiday list. I think why i mention it though since it wasn't that long ago their was a radio broadcast mention that when Frank throw the government over, it was illegal or something

So... I just watched the Godfather the whole way through for the first time.
And although I thought it was great I just didn't see why it's regarded as a masterpiece.
Am I missing something here? Should I go back and watch it again, or maybe the sequals?
Or was anyone else here left a little cold by this film?

iisan said:
So... I just watched the Godfather the whole way through for the first time.
And although I thought it was great I just didn't see why it's regarded as a masterpiece.
Am I missing something here? Should I go back and watch it again, or maybe the sequals?
Or was anyone else here left a little cold by this film?
The Godfather is without doubt one of the greatest films ever made. Number one in my opinion. Citizen Kane? Now that's overrated. I would say watch it again, make sure you give it your undivided attention and notice everything. The family scenes which give some semblance of normality to the mobsters lives and act as a counterbalance to the violence, the dialogue and direction that gives so many layers of meaning to everything which is said and done. For specifics, notice how Michael subtly becomes the Godfather almost without anybody else (and certainly without he himself) realising it. Notice how it wouldn't necessarily even have to be about gangsters. Then watch Part II. Then pretend Part III doesn't exist and make up your own, way cooler ending that doesn't shift the focus onto some naff new wannabe Don or involve Sofia Coppola. The Godfather (along with Part II) has a lot to say about the the concept of family and the nature of power, greed, honour, respect, justice and revenge. The fact that the cast is absolutely stellar doesn't hurt either.

Come to think of it, pogo sticks can be somewhat dreadful. At the peak of a jump, you're always a little too high off the ground for your liking.

I never could get the hang of those things!^_^;Every time I'd try and do a jump on one I'd get nervous and make it wobble,causing me to fall off and the pogo stick to hit me with some force.TT_TT

Back