The General Conversation Area

Yesterday was a day of victory, i ate loads of food, passed my A+ exam, leaving me an optional 2 exams to complete, but regardless i've got the A+ :D AND completed Assasins creed 2, leaving only 2 trophies left to get (find all the feathers and wear the auditore cape in each city) before i platinum it :D

Now, for some victory pics:

NarutoBikiniBabescosplay1.jpg

eroseninapproves.jpg

Good morning fellows!
Download was amazing, volunteering for Oxfam is definitely the way to go from now on, whenever I'm attending a festival in the future. Friendly people, made a few new friends, got free beer and free food, discounts from the stalls and so on...

Rage against the machine was fantastic, AC/DC rocked that **** out, Aerosmith was amazing, Motorhead had Slash as a special guest and even Billy Idol was a lot better than I expected.

Got to know about a few other bands I need to check out more of their stuff, such as 30 seconds to mars, atreyu, 5 finger death punch, lawmower deth...

chaos said:
Got to know about a few other bands I need to check out more of their stuff, such as 30 seconds to mars, atreyu, 5 finger death punch, lawmower deth...
I love Atreyu ^^ shame I didn't get to go this year T_T

Zin5ki said:
chaos said:
Download was amazing, volunteering for Oxfam is definitely the way to go from now on, whenever I'm attending a festival in the future.
Oxfam? Did you get to wear somebody else's clothes?
I'm not entirely sure I've got what you mean here....
I did wear an Oxfam tabbard over my regular clothes, so if that's what you've meant, then yes.

Morning Folks! Yet another pressurized day in the office for me. Wednesday is the worst day of the week for staff at the best of times. Today however, with the sicknesses, looks like it's going to be a royal pain.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up that it is likely that I will once again not be around a whole lot today.

Slept like the dead last night. Sent myself off to sleep with my Nausicaa DVD. I'm usually asleep before the fist aircraft crash in the valley. The music just totally mellows me out.

"Yet another Village is dead!"

memorium said:
just about to watch the Korea DPR vs Brazil game, anyone else watching it? This is going to be intense
I've headed to a Brazilian bar called Favela in Old Street. Place was packed, couldn't even move, btu the atmosphere there with loads of Brazilians watching it was amazing. When Maicon scored the first goal, I thought I was back home. I only missed the fireworks...
It was a good match, if only Kaka played as he usually does and the brazilian defense didn't left the N.Korea guy on his own in front of the goal, this would have been a fantastic match to remember.

Voddas said:
Morning Folks! Yet another pressurized day in the office for me. Wednesday is the worst day of the week for staff at the best of times. Today however, with the sicknesses, looks like it's going to be a royal pain.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up that it is likely that I will once again not be around a whole lot today.

Slept like the dead last night. Sent myself off to sleep with my Nausicaa DVD. I'm usually asleep before the fist aircraft crash in the valley. The music just totally mellows me out.

"Yet another Village is dead!"
Get well soon Voddas.

Morning boyo,

I see you've seen Foxstripes is alive again :lol:

Had lunch with the gf, got back and have been out of the office till 1 fixing a dvd player. then got back and have spent the past 40mins on the phone to an agency trying to fix a problem that happened 3 days ago, its taken 3 days of talks to come to a verdict that the agency aren't being paid. They wanted to ague the toss, they lost.

anyway, have a first aid kit for a quid from poundland (favourite store in history) and now just relaxing abit.

mangaman74 said:
Afternoon all.

Better get used to it Voddas as I imagine there will be many people off sick next Wednesday (England play Slovenia at 3.00).

speaking of england, anyone down the pub this friday?
I'm leaving at 4 ^___^

I think its about time I joined this thread.

I'm off to work in a bit, took my dog for a walk and i'm just watching the Chile v Honduras game.

Watched the E3 Nintendo conference was so amazing yesterday, i'm still shocked on how many great looking games they announced.

Plus I watching the last eight episodes of Eureka Seven before I want to bed last night, its going straight to my favourites list

Voddas said:
chaos said:
Get well soon Voddas.
Thanks Chaos, but what I ment by sickness was that other staff have called in sick making life more difficult for me. ;)
Ah, I see what you mean. I thought you were feeling under the weather, but still forced to work.

Tachi- said:
anyway, have a first aid kit for a quid from poundland (favourite store in history) and now just relaxing abit.
Is the first aid kit any decent?

mangaman74 said:
Better get used to it Voddas as I imagine there will be many people off sick next Wednesday (England play Slovenia at 3.00).
This match should be at least 2x0 to England. Come on!

Reevothemusefan said:
I think its about time I joined this thread.
Welcome here!

Reevothemusefan said:
Watched the E3 Nintendo conference was so amazing yesterday, i'm still shocked on how many great looking games they announced.
what caught your attention the most?

Reevothemusefan said:
Plus I watching the last eight episodes of Eureka Seven before I want to bed last night, its going straight to my favourites list
Eureka Seven is a beautiful anime, has a good OST and a decent story. Good show.

Chaos said:
what caught your attention the most?

New Donkey Kong Sidescroller was my highlight, i'm a big fan of them and I wasn't expecting a new revamp version.

New Zelda looks good also, graphics look like a mix of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker and enemies look like there from OoT.

Add New Golden Sun and Kirby and it gives me reason to buy more games for my Wii and DS.

Chaos said:
Eureka Seven is a beautiful anime, has a good OST and a decent story. Good show.

Already have 'Flow - Days' on my Ipod, I really like it but the rapping towards the end of it is a tad disappointing.

chaos said:
memorium said:
just about to watch the Korea DPR vs Brazil game, anyone else watching it? This is going to be intense
I've headed to a Brazilian bar called Favela in Old Street. Place was packed, couldn't even move, btu the atmosphere there with loads of Brazilians watching it was amazing. When Maicon scored the first goal, I thought I was back home. I only missed the fireworks...
It was a good match, if only Kaka played as he usually does and the brazilian defense didn't left the N.Korea guy on his own in front of the goal, this would have been a fantastic match to remember.

yeah, i was sort of expecting Brazil to win, but there's no denying that DPR was a solid team, their defence was difficult to break through

Maicon's goal was a bit of a fluke though, i think he was meant to pass it to someone that was more central to the goal, but if he did intentionally did that to score, then i applaud the guy :)

memorium said:
yeah, i was sort of expecting Brazil to win, but there's no denying that DPR was a solid team, their defence was difficult to break through
I watched the closing minutes with my half-Brazilian flatmate. It was quite amusing to see how poorly she accepted the end result, in spite of the fact her team won.

How I people doing?
Just 1 more exam left then I can go home.

How did everyone that watched them find the E3 conferences?

Microsoft seems to have not learnt from the reaction to Nintendo's conference last year, which was talking casual to the hardcore.

Then nobody other than Nintendo (except for GLaDOS) had surprises up their sleeves. So Nintendo walked away in a pretty positive light.

@reevo: they look like they are from OoT as the game takes place several hundred years before OoT.

@chaos: The 3DS took the show by storm, they had never seen anything like it, and they didn't pull any punches. It does actually work without glasses, so yeah. Nintendos press conference basically had them the battle of the big three this year.

As for how i'm doing, job hunting is crap. So far i'm naught for...well, many. I've searched and found near enough anything, and i'm running outta options here.

Back