The General Conversation Area

Part of me feels jealous of you guys, a 3-day long week sounds awesome, compared to my 5 day week (the university doesn't recognise bank holidays as days off).

But then I remember I'm a student and don't have that many hours of stuff quite frequently, I just wish these exams would hurry up and start - worrying and revision is not fun.

Jiindama said:
Part of me feels jealous of you guys, a 3-day long week sounds awesome, compared to my 5 day week (the university doesn't recognise bank holidays as days off).

But then I remember I'm a student and don't have that many hours of stuff quite frequently, I just wish these exams would hurry up and start - worrying and revision is not fun.
Take it easy mate, once you reach the working world you look back and think how happy you were in uni =)

I'm sure that will be the case, Uni's been great so far. I'm glad I've still got another 2 years to go.

Its not that bad though, I can relax once it hits Wednesday afternoon and my first 2 exams are over, after that its basically plain sailing.

That sounds awesome, maybe I'll actually get chance to go to Download in 2 years time.

Although how expensive is it if you're not working there?

Jiindama said:
That sounds awesome, maybe I'll actually get chance to go to Download in 2 years time.

Although how expensive is it if you're not working there?
No idea. But even if you take the volunteer route, you need to place a 180quid deposit, to make sure you don't disapear once the event starts.

Looks like its £180 for a ticket + camping.

Assuming there are no fourth year exams on my course I might look at going once I've finished, assuming I don't have to get stuff sorted out for employment at that time.

Being a steward at Download is going to be awesome mate! Wish I could be there. Not in my Budget sadly. Suprised, you've never been to a festival before though?

Afternoon Jiindama! Exams are important but you have to make sure you relax equally as much. Stressing will only make revising even more of a ball ache. It'll soon be over. =D

Jiindama said:
Looks like its £180 for a ticket + camping.

Assuming there are no fourth year exams on my course I might look at going once I've finished, assuming I don't have to get stuff sorted out for employment at that time.
I'll let you know how it goes. I'm pretty sure it's going to be amazing. =)

Afternoon Voddas!
I'm well aware I shouldn't be stressing myself out.
Not that I'm doing so, I watched Kara no Kyoukai 7 early this morning, and I've got animesoc this evening. So relaxation is still getting done.

Still revision must be done.
How's work going for you guys?

Afternoon Izekiel. *greets*
All's well in the land of Vod. Just counting down the weeks untill I go on Holiday in September... still a few weeks to go like. =P

Jiindama said:
How's work going for you guys?
Work has actually been quite hellish over the past month, Been quieter this week (thus I'm able to post). Next week **** is hitting the workload fan again so I'll probably become "Mr. not posting" again. *sigh*

I don't know.
Anyway, I'm definitely trying to do more than I can take :/ I don't like the way things are going right now as it's been so complicated to find a place to live.

Izekiel said:
Where you going Voddas? (I'm sure everyone else already knows!)
I'm off to America for Halloween for two weeks! Erm... I guess I ment to say I'm going in October and not september. =P
The bonus is that I don't have to pay as both my mum and step-dad turn 50 this year and their treating the family to a holiday! Can't wait!
Nothing much going on untill then like... oh! Besides Kendal Calling, which should be good. :thumb:

chaos said:
Anyway, I'm definitely trying to do more than I can take :/ I don't like the way things are going right now as it's been so complicated to find a place to live.
I'm sorry man. I said I'd have a look around too and let you know if I see anything, but I've been so busy it's been unreal. I still will if I get the chance. Otherwise I'll have my fingers crossed for you. ^^

Jiindama said:
What do you do that the workload vastly changes week to week?
I work in Tax and there's different periods during the year that can involve less or more work loads. Next week, for example, we're having to send out Reminder letters for people who are behind in paying their tax... this usually spawns a lot of hate calls. I work on all aspects including court summons for people not paying to giving people money when their on benefits... it can get pritty heavy going.
I hate this job... TT_TT

Back