The General Conversation Area

Congrats mono :) i've entered the new contest, i didn't enter that one since i wasn't that intrested in the prize. Although i had trouble with the question at first.

Velcro dots. I hate them. Seriously, I do.

Ever since I picked up my Naruto manga set I've faced a battle with the 6 dots (3 each side) that keep the right-hand side of the case shut. Once the original ones became unstuck, they refused to hold for long. I've tried buying new ones, using glue to hold them...everything.

Last night I'd had enough and went for the glue. I put a little (liquid type) on the back of the 2 that were unstuck, which were still connected to the 2 on the other side and I held the case shut. What happened? Well, they stuck all right - so tight the case wouldn't open without brute force. The glue had somehow leaked through to the other side, making the glue hold the case shut.

I eventually removed them and used some of my last dots to replace some that couldn't be used, but now the top of the case isn't too tight...despite it staying shut. What I really need to do is remove all the dots, try to get the glue residue off and start afresh. But that's difficult when eBay is the only way I know of to acquire velcro dots for cheap...

I even stuck 2 dots at the top (there were only 3 dots originally) to try and hold it back when the velcro hell started and it still kept (and keeps opening).

/cries

...any people with velcro dot buying/sticking knowledge on here? Pros only, please.

Thanks Black :)

I'm really looking forward to watching it :D

and I have also entered the new competition as well and I also had trouble with the question at first lol :p

Cheers for the links, like. I need white ones... I *think* 16mm white ones, to be exact. I'll have to double check. If they're actually 13mm I'll order from one of the sites you linked to. Cheers, like.

You don't have to ignore me, Mononoke. I was half-joking about the whole 'Please ban the spambot!' thing. I'm sure, underneath the whole spambot thing, you're a sweet person, perfect for grooming.

How did you come up with the answer then mono in the newest one, i had to trawl through the refrences on the episodes, hoping to find the right one, then google images did the rest. Now i'll go back to Turn A Gundam for a little bit

Ok, you seemingly do have to ignore me. I'm hurt - scarred for life; on the verge of suicide, in fact.

Don't thank me for getting Chaos to give more poor hints, btw.

well to be honest, Chao's hint would of helped me anyway since i'm probably in the minioity of the populace that haven't read or seen the Harry Potter movies. It just wasn't my sort of thing.

i'll tell you what i put after the deadline date..my chances of winning are already bad as it is without having more people enter :p Besides i would just say focus on finding real historical figures who were assocated with alchemly and then see which of those were in HP...also google image the names and if you get the right one you'll see a famillar symbol staring back at you.

Back