The General Conversation Area

mangaman74 said:
Tachi- said:
mangaman74 said:
BlackWolf said:
this year i'll be one year off two decades and a half of life...gah in 6 years time i'm 30...T_T

Tachi- said:
This year i'll have been knocking around for 2 decades. Suddenly i feel really old.

You guys are making me feel old. I am already mid 30s :(

Atleast You can always rely on the saying "your only as old as you feel"
Sadly, today i've been inputting timesheets and its given me a headache and neck cramp. i feel about 70 right now.

My brother is 18 months older than me & he keeps saying he is too old to be playing video games :roll:

haha that, my friend. is a serious case of denial :p
Let me guess, he says that infront of his other half, right?

mangaman74 said:
The last console he purchased was a Wii which he got before Christmas - it is still currently sealed in the box.
Why purchase a console if he's not going to use and if he's "too old" for video games?

Could be worse.

My dad says I am too old to be watching cartoons regardless of what I am watching be it Simpsons, Family Guy, or anime like the Ghibli films & Metropolis on Film 4

mangaman74 said:
My dad says I am too old to be watching cartoons regardless of what I am watching be it Simpsons, Family Guy, or anime like the Ghibli films & Metropolis on Film 4
My dad never said such things. I started with anime and manga only when I could afford them and by then, I was already supporting my family finantially.

My mum used to tell me that my sister said a thing or two to them about it, but then they would just tell her to leave me be as it was my own money that was being used for these.

@chaos: sorry the delay here, been dealing with a ton of stuff. Anyway. Snow can fall here yeah, though that isn't that rare anywhere in scotland. For Edinburgh, its a fair bit less common, more so in it actually lying on the ground. Normally you won't see the cover of snow we have here now for example. However when there is some, you can guarantee that the workers don't put enough, if any grit/salt on the pavements..i hated walking back from princes street today =/

I see. =) I need to visit scotland soon. I've been postponing this for quite a while. When would you recommend me to go to Scotland?

Well...it really all depends. If you'd rather go when the temperatures are at bearable levels, not now obviously. Erm but it is nice with the snow covering everywhere, almost picture perfect. Summer busy as hell around scotland, mind you, thats normal with the tourists and all. I guess Spring and Autumn aren't bad times to come up, provided it doesn't rain too much(or if it does, you get the proper "Welcome to Scotland" feeling.), it can be pretty nice.

Mind you i say all this, it also depends on where you want to go as well. Any place in specific?

mangaman74 said:

Well my parents didn't mind the Anime thing. Well, at the start it was like "What yo' watching cartoons for!?" then I explained to them what anime was. It still pisses me the heck off when my Dad refers to "Tales of Earthsea" or something as "one of those cartoon things".

(Yeah. I propose a film to watch, it always gets shot down).

@Arby - I work close to St Paul's Cathedral / Bank of England, loads of tourists here as well, so it doesn't bother me.

I think that maybe Spring would be nice to visit scotland. I might try to book tickets now, as they would be a lot cheaper this much in advance =)

@Spyro - wasn't your father a gamer as well or am I imagining things? I would assume gamers would be more open to accept anime sub-culture as a non-kiddie stuff.

Jayme said:
There's a difference between an old man who likes to play COD, such as my uncles and a gamer. I assume Spyro's dad is more the former.
I'm just saying because if I'm not mistaken, I believe Spyro said so himself.

chaos, Arby and I can probably meet up with you if you ever come to Edinburgh. Glasgow is nice too, but I find it overwhelming and too busy. However I'm sure you'd fit right in considering where you live.

also, consideirng that the palce I grew up was more crowded than London... almost 3 times bigger (the main reason I coulnd't settle in Belfast)

=)

Jayme said:
There's a difference between an old man who likes to play COD, such as my uncles and a gamer. I assume Spyro's dad is more the former.

No my Dad hates COD. He's more of a platform/'proper' kind of gamer. Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid (Not 3 or 4 yet mind, hasn't had time for those... :roll:)

Back