The General Conversation Area

lol afternoon Ayase.

Just a short while to go till the end of the day. I wonder how blacks getting on. Where Voddas has run off to and how Panda's doing with the little one.

Meant to be back down the pub tonight. I went down lastnight and had a carvery. but as they where about to shut the carvery i got a whole joing of honey glazed gammon on my plate with bits of turkey and beef, trimmings and veg but no yorkshire puds :( ate all of it and had a choc cake with cream and chocolate sauce :p

Tachi - are you sure? 25cm? I don't believe you're talking about London though, are you?

Ayase - Hey there, was you're way up north, I can only imagine how much snow you've got.

According to GMTV this morning its 25cms expected.
right. gotta dash, otherwise i'll never have a lunch :/ works just going crazy today.

@chaos - We did have a fair amount last night, but it's fast turning to slush again here by the sea (I just hope it's enough to get rid of the ice covering the pavements). I've not had nearly as much as my dad though, he lives a lot further inland and said this morning all of their roads were under about four inches of snow.

4 inches of snow... I don't have the slightest idea of what it means =)

That said, I want to go to Iceland in search of Aurora Borealis. I bet I'll be able to see even more than 4 inches there.

10.2 cm, courtesy of inches & centimetres caculator ;)

This country is ridiculous WRT measurement. We switched to metric decades ago but almost everyone who was taught imperial measurements beforehand continues to use them to this day. We also never changed our road signs, so kids are taught metres and kilometres at school but then have to learn miles and miles per hour when they start driving. We should have made metric the only system of measurement by law, and then everyone would know and use it by now.

Tachi- said:
its meant to be atleast 25cm's for the east/south chaos....expect things to really hit the fan this week (hopefully i can have a snowday :p )
holy crap

we're lucky to get at least 1inch in the South West, i still never figured out why we get so much less snow :?

Dunno. when i lived in halifax as a boy we used to get a foot of snow every winter. Down south this year has been the only year in the past 15 years that its been a white christmas. and as these southerners aren't used to the snow, a couple of drops and 3 schools closed yesterday. further schools closed today....its not even half an inch of snow right now. but its expected to get worse so towards the end of the week i see me....not making it in ^_^

Just got in from town and after walking just 25 minutes and AM ABSOLUTELY COVERED IN SNOW... it's everywhere, it's fluffy!

I'm gonna go out later though, I've put my caot on the radiator and me and a crew are gonna make a snow T-Rex :D

ayase said:
10.2 cm, courtesy of inches & centimetres caculator ;)

This country is ridiculous WRT measurement. We switched to metric decades ago but almost everyone who was taught imperial measurements beforehand continues to use them to this day. We also never changed our road signs, so kids are taught metres and kilometres at school but then have to learn miles and miles per hour when they start driving. We should have made metric the only system of measurement by law, and then everyone would know and use it by now.
Lol, that was unexpected... I know what 4 inches is, what I've meant is I don't know what having 4 inches of snow is like, as the whole snow thing is a novelty to me =)

If you google "4 inches to cm" it would also convert to you. You can also use it for currencies.

Tachi- said:
Dunno. when i lived in halifax as a boy we used to get a foot of snow every winter. Down south this year has been the only year in the past 15 years that its been a white christmas. and as these southerners aren't used to the snow, a couple of drops and 3 schools closed yesterday. further schools closed today....its not even half an inch of snow right now. but its expected to get worse so towards the end of the week i see me....not making it in ^_^

I am not so sure of the snow down south thing. I lived in Kent as a kid and most winters it seemed that its weather was twined with Scotland, whilst other southern counties had bugger all snow.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Just got in from town and after walking just 25 minutes and AM ABSOLUTELY COVERED IN SNOW... it's everywhere, it's fluffy!

I'm gonna go out later though, I've put my caot on the radiator and me and a crew are gonna make a snow T-Rex :D

Sounds like a night full of win.
i expect a couple of pics uploaded. that sounds like one hell of a fun snowrex.

And remember, if you get a free pizza, or just something free out of the evening....thats just as important :)

As for me. i'll be heading out of work. going to Cex and then HMV, seeing if i can pick myself up some more anime (finished the second barrage of black lagoon lastnight :() and then heading off home with the second half of my footlong meatball subway and then off to the pub and talking about the house me and a mate are planning on getting this year.

I guess bedfordshire and hertfordshire are the ones that didn't get any snow then Dracos. we have bits of snow. usually around february....but never around christmas.

lol@chaos - Hah! I just know that often people from other, sensible countries like Brazil which use the metric system exclusively often have trouble with imperial measurements.

I'd invite you to come up here and enjoy the snow, if I thought there'd be any left here worth seeing...

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
pics =) you still owe us the jesus cosplay pics as well.. :p

Tachi- said:
Dand as these southerners aren't used to the snow, a couple of drops and 3 schools closed yesterday.
You say that as if you lived up north ;)

Dracos said:
I am not so sure of the snow down south thing. I lived in Kent as a kid and most winters it seemed that its weather was twined with Scotland, whilst other southern counties had bugger all snow.
Kent is just a stone throw from me...

lol true that i have lived down south longer than i have up north....but as its my home town i don't think i can escape being part northern :p

Well, its snowed.....and within the time i entered the pub and exited (7.30 and 11.30) 3 inch of snow had fallen. And then woke up this morning and looked out. more than 5 inch of snow is on the floor. i can't even see the roof of the conservatory that overlooks my room! So far i've got into work....talked about alcohol with the team leader and laughed at things and hopefully well all get a half day today due to the weather is meant to get much worse :)

Well, as i'm sat here with my air guitar and drums. listening to Lostprophets - Its not the end of the world.....and thinking "i've got lunch in 30 mins, then i'm off home at 3 :D so no problems. oh and i'm getting 60% of my pay tomorrow.....better than nothing really.

This is what my town has stooped to.

Using sand - SAND - to attempt to grit the pavements. SAND, which to my knowledge, has no ice melting capability at all. And this, I should add, is their FIRST attempt to grit the pavements anywhere other than the town centre. After about two weeks worth of snow.

Hey Scarborough Borough Council, how about you just let us all buy bags of rock salt this month instead of paying our council tax?

---

Hey, where'd you pop up from? :eek:

Have a good Christmas & New Year Black?

Ayase: up here they didn't start gritting till a week after.

Xmas was good, got some nice things including a dreamcast (i'm 10 years late to be in with the 'trend' of getting one but i don't care :p i've wanted one for long enough!) New year was great as well spent some time out with the family which is a first and nothing major went wrong.

Did lose a friend in the process though (he didn't die he just revealed himself to be a four letter word beginning with T and ending with T) first time someone has ever said i'm dead to them.

Regardless though i'm good :p you?

Severe weather warning expected for east anglia,
bedfordshire and hertfordshire 5cm expected of snow starting at 10:00am. expected blizzard-like weather between 10am and 5pm.

released by the met office.

I'm trying to get myself a 12 o'clock finish.

Back