The General Conversation Area

Tachi- said:
I go for the graphics.....and to say that a PS3 has 4 times the power of a gaming pc....i know what i'm more likely to go for :p
What what what???? That's madness Tach. My PC isn't the best PC ever and it still holds way more power than a PS3.
:roll:

edit: Cost me a lung like. :p

Hey Mono. :)

Tachi- said:
I go for the graphics.....and to say that a PS3 has 4 times the power of a gaming pc....i know what i'm more likely to go for :p
Not one with two crossfired ATI HD 5870 1tb graphics cards it doesn't. PCs will always own everything else, they're just so damn expensive to maintain at a satisfactory level for gaming. I may be a console gamer for the moment, but I know where my heart lies and mark my words, if I ever make enough money I will be sure to constantly maintain a leading edge PC (if I ever won the lottery I'd drop about 20 grand on one instantly, before I bought anything else).

lol the proccessors in the ps3 are 4 times that of a pc. I read it on IGN ages ago.
So actually....the PS3 compared to a pc.......there's a large difference in potential.

Plus, as you've said, a pc takes alot of money and maintenance to uphold its prime of gaming....a PS3 on the other hand has most things that a pc has, I'd list everything but i'm too lazy right now....

Either way....both aren't a match for the ultimate ways to play a gun game......
sirenphoto.jpg

FIT WOMEN WITH REAL GUNS

:JawDrop:

Her hair's a bit bland like, but other than that... :thumb:

Tachi, Tachi, Tachi. ::shakes head:: A PS3 will never be able to beat a top of the range PC today. It was designed several years ago and technology marches on with incredible speed. The graphics on a PS3 are about equal to those of a GeForce 7800. We're well into GeForce 9 series cards on PC now.

He speaks the truth Tachi.
Although... yes and no to the PS3 cell processor. The cell processor has loads of cores that all run at a slow speed, this allows for a good amount of through put with no real grunt. Whereas pc processors have fewer cores at faster speeds making them capable or more hardcore computation. My gfx card has 128 cores on its processor, yet it would run win 7 like crap if it was a cpu. The cell processor is powerful, but its not capable of computational power by itself. That folding at home software that you might have heard of allows idle PS3s to lend their processing power to rendering protein chains for universities. You can get the software for pcs too but they generally aren’t left idle long enough to be of any use.

Still, over all, the top of the range PC wins every time.

edit: I voted for her Mono. ;)

lol....she gets my vote anyway....oh, not entirely work safe but if girls and guns are your thing:

here you go ;)

and enough about console vs pc...well be here all night lol.
different perks for different people an all that.

Girls & guns are very much my thing (though only if the girls look like they could actually use the gun without the recoil snapping their arms, and aren't dolled up like 'glamour models'*) but I've no DeviantArt account, can't see a thing. :p

And I also voted Galatea. ;)

*which seems to be a latter day politically correct definition of 'tart'

Right! Besides the repeated Critical Errors I've been getting for the past hour I have also been preparing to flee my place of work.

Have a good night all. *grabs cookie and jumps out the exit*

Ciao for now.

But of course. And when Lucy Lawless appeared Galactica became the best live action TV series ever. Problem is, rather than a chiseled action hero I'm a self-serving, long haired coward. At least he got a one night stand... well, half of one. Not that I'd say no to Six either, scary women are quite appealing.

Bought myself not one, but three giant cookies on the way home Mono. I shan't eat them all at once though.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no problem in that. Baltar is, by quite a large margin, the most interesting character on the Galactica. I'd much rather be having a conversation with him than some guy who's sole purpose was to separate Lee and Kara. He was also given some hackdash job later on in the story, but I try to ignore that. If I had to compare myself to anyone on the ship, it'd probably be... Billy. Man, that sucks. Billy sucks. If I can't be Baltar, I might as well be Helo.

Also, E4 have an HD channel now! It means everyone can watch Glee at 9PM in all its high definition glory! Everyone watch Glee!

I still can't make up my mind whether to get a xbox 360 or a PS3. The bundles for the 360 are starting to look tempting now at £199 but by the time you figure in paying for xbox live you are back up to what a PS3 and some extras would cost. Anyone know where to get a region A PS3 from at a reasonable price as I already have a region B Blu-ray player and as the games are region free it would be a chance to be able to play region A BDs if I made the mistake of buy something region locked.

Now here's a girl that looks like she knows what to do with that gun.

Back