The General Conversation Area

Using a graphics tablet... with MS Paint. ::facepalm::

Let Nyani have it Tach, it's wasted on you. :p

Well. Morning all - Bit of a **** morning that is. Woke up feeling not exactly 100% then realised I'd run out of milk. And bread. So no breakfast for me either. Then I remembered I'd arranged for the parcel which was 'attempted' to have been delivered last week to be 're' delivered today - then I ended up working. Tried to contact my sister to ask if she could house-sit for the day to collect it (it's Christmas presents which otherwise might not get here on time). No answer. I had to get to the shop. So I left with a note on the door begging the delivery man to press the other doorbells so he can at least leave it inside the door (but knowing my luck Amazon will have sent it recorded delivery even though I didn't ask for it - when I placed my order nearly two weeks ago free delivery seemed good enough).

Then I had a parcel of my own to pick up from the Post Office. I couldn't understand why this parcel hadn't come through my letterbox though, it was only two standard DVDs... After nearly being knocked down by a reckless cyclist (on the pavement. I felt like running after him and pushing him off - get on the f*cking road!) and having to avoid Christmas shoppers' private cars dawdling through the pedestrian area (presumably so their obese occupants don't have to waddle too far to consume) I got there at quarter to ten. Plenty of time. Except no, it's Christmas, which means half the world has sent Christmas cards by recorded delivery for some unfathomable reason. And people have forgotten their ID and are arguing about charges they have to pay. F*ck off! Argue some other time when I don't have a parcel to collect and a shop to open. At 9:57 I finally received my parcel, and realised why it wasn't posted. Amazon had packaged two DVDs... face down... side by side. Absolute bloody genius. So I then ran to the shop and opened up about three minutes late. But it turned out not to matter anyway as while the big shops are doing a roaring trade, in the first hour only one potential customer has crossed my threshold - I didn't have what he wanted.

Now, I'm drinking yet more **** coffee and trying not to be utterly consumed by hatred. How's everyone else? :lol:

**** YOU CRITICAL ERROR THAT TOOK ME ******* AGES TO TYPE YOU STUPID MOTHER ******* BASTARD!!!!!!

*joins ayase's annoying day bandwagon*

My gf asked if i wanted to meet up at lunch. she says she's in the carphone warehouse. i walk up there......she's not there, i stand around and look for her, can't see her, she keeps saying she's there....i replied "**** off" because by this time i'd had enough. headed to macdonalds and went back to the office. turns out the stupid moron keeps saying she was there. i walked up there and she wasn't, got back and 3 bloody people wanted to talk to me "**** OFF I'M ON LUNCH"

sick of this, went from placid and happy to pissed off since that stupid ******* error code. chaos get this damn thing sorted, im sick of it.

*hours pass, nobodies posted and Tachi's calm and placid again*

I'm off home in 20mins :) going to go home....relax and sleep. i think the grouchyness and short tempter came from not enough sleep.

ayase said:
Using a graphics tablet... with MS Paint. ::facepalm::
Let Nyani have it Tach, it's wasted on you. :p

Yes give *grabby hands* :p

Ayase - It's hard not to be consumed by hatred. I've always got things trying to turn me from my usual "I care about the wellbeing of all" self into an "omg die you bastard" person, luckily it only manages to do it as internal rage rather than actual acting out. :p

Tachi- Gimpshop? Not heard of that one, I used normal GIMP when I had no access to Photoshop. *looks it up* Ah. Try getting regular GIMP.
As to the gf. maybe she -thought- she was at carphone warehouse but was actually at phones4u or something. :p Either that or you're in one of the cities that for some reason thinks it needs 2 of the same shop in different sections. :p

Nyani said:
Ayase - It's hard not to be consumed by hatred. I've always got things trying to turn me from my usual "I care about the wellbeing of all" self into an "omg die you bastard" person, luckily it only manages to do it as internal rage rather than actual acting out. :p
I think everyone gets this to some degree and it's different things which set it off for different people, but sadly the thing which seems to do this for me is just other people in general which is a shame. I can't help but think I wouldn't be such a bastard if other people weren't such bastards as well. Which is also bad, because that means I'm letting their behaviour have an effect on me when I shouldn't. But I'm not at Dalai Lama 'rise above it' level yet - I've got to the (Chaotic Neutral, we have a lot of them around here...) point where I both love and hate humanity with equal passion, and now just flip between the two. I'm as likely to give someone a smile as I am a piece of my mind... to truly progress I think I need to let go of the hate.

And that was ayase's 'thought for the day'. Join us again tomorrow when we will be asking 'why don't the sodding spines line up on my DVD collection'.

-----

At least the parcel was here waiting for me when I got home. ;)

ayase said:
No answer. I had to get to the shop. So I left with a note on the door begging the delivery man to press the other doorbells so he can at least leave it inside the door (but knowing my luck Amazon will have sent it recorded delivery even though I didn't ask for it - when I placed my order nearly two weeks ago free delivery seemed good enough).

I don't think I will use the free delivery from Amazon if I need something to get to me in good time after I ordered an ipod for my dad for Crimbo a couple of years ago. They waited till the last minute to send it to my work and I only got it the day before I was supposed to go to my folks even though I had ordered it about 2 weeks before.

At the moment I am in front of the computer with a mug of lemsip. I got sick on Friday and the weekend was uncomfortable. Why should I get sick now just after I had time off with my back.

Ayase - Yea I don't have faith in most people, but if something bad happens to an unknown I feel bad, in case they weren't a bastard, or someone close to them isn't. If that makes sense. It's just the way I am. Encounters with actual bastards where it's definite they are, really piss me off and bother me for quite a while, but I'll never do something, just hate them internally for a little while hoping for karma to suddenly be a reality (a little bit past however long their bastardry has effected me). Though I don't have much faith in karma, seeing as so much bad happens to me despite my actions, and so much good happens to the people who wrong me despite their misdeeds. Eheh.

Dracos - Eep, have some batchelors chicken noodle cup a soup with some garlic and cayenne pepper. It makes me feel a bit better when I'm not well. :) (I prefer the taste of the cup a soup over the canned stuff :p)

Well, After a LONG monday....All's well again.

I finished at 4, went into town. walked around thinking of what to buy Kayls for crimbo, called her up. whilst walking about i say a mate of mine so had a few words with him. then wandered into Boots, looked at perfume, little kits of bits an bobs women would use...Decided i'll go along to the perfume shop and see what they've got. I'm a big fan or Armani (I think its because as i was growing up, whenever i'd see my dad, thats all i'd smell lol) So as i couldn't see a female version of GIO (GIO is the armani i use) i decided to buy her a boxset of Armani Diamonds. I had to have my arm and leg removed for payment...but they gift wrapped it for free so i guess i can't complain.

Saw my sister in town...and her little mushroom friends (Why's she tall and skinny and hangs around with little fatties i'll never know) Then waited 30mins for a bus (a polish driver had crashed a bus into a car in the morning and it'd screwed up everything. But i was patient, just waited and texted the missus.

Got home and played abit of Dragon Age, went off to the gym then off to the pub, Ali came back from Uni 2 days ago, so he came down to the pub and we where all sat joking and laughing for many an hour. Got home and chilled, played abit more ps3 and then head off about 1.30am.

Woke up this morning, it was dark....just the way i like it first thing in a mornin (That way, there's no shock to the eyes when bright light first hits em :)) Watched the Jude Law + Robert Downey Jr. Interview on GMTV, RDJ is one of my favourite actors because i think he can adapt really well, The Iron man film the other year remains one of my top movies simply for the reason its a good story and has a good cast. the tropic thunder film wasn't so good but RDJ remained decent to watch :)
Got into work and our systems are down so for the next hour (hopes for 2 or more) So until then i'm staying quiet and keeping my head down...that way i won't get roped into paperbased work :p

WRT Karma.....it does come around, it may take a year or 10 minutes....but the person who's done wrong by another will end up getting repaid eventually. I guess its just sods law that hen you yourself do wrong the karma comes around alot sooner.
I've always wondered why those who are killers/rapists/generally bad people Live with no problems.....where as law abiding people who treat each other right, end up with cancer and other illness' (Awwell. i guess its just one of those things) Anyway, having a nice day today ^_^

ayase said:
ayase said:
the way AUKN usually works is that someone would just take it upon themselves to create this thread and others would take responsibility for posting in it or not - We're a bit anarchic like that.
...and Tachi delivers. :p

Why ofcorse, ;)

*stretches*

Morning mate... *rubs eyes* Aw man... Not used to being up this early after having 4 days off work. Well... at least I'm only working a three day week this week. Mwaahahaa!

Friday night went well (Birthday Night out). 20 of us met up all dressed as the MIB (glasses and all). We partied through till 5.00 in the morning... I was shattered but it was freaking awesome. Was waiting for months for that night and it came and went. ...and so, Voddas gains another year under his belt.

For presents, I got a new Hood, jeans, belt, alcohol, chocs, money and my favourite, a Travel iPod Docking station. It's sweet.

How's is all? ^__^

Belated happy birthday mate :)

Sounds like a good haul :thumb: and glad your back....it was quiet about here :/

I've been putting up crimbo decorations...climbing on desks, blutacking things an chillin ^_^

Morning all... everyone good?

Late happy bday Vod... i would have made u an embarressing bday topic had i known. :evil:

I've got a cold... sympathy please?

Man or normal cold?

If its man cold, you should lie down mate...its a killer.

(Just like my killer decorations in the office, the bluetac has failed me and the decorations are dropping down and attacking the staff.....Some would say that it was a success, not a failure :twisted: )

Thanks for the belated wishes all :D

@Skikes: Try sticking a towel over your head and hanging over a basin of hot water a lemon juice... or you could be less stone age and go for some Beechams. =P

@Tachi: Not many decs in our office. Just a Christmas tree with ****** lights in the corner. Quite miserable actually. I made up for it at home like. Heh.

edit: Also Tachi, I did get your email last Friday but I was obviously off. Do you own that? O_O

Own what?

I have no access to any of my drives. i don't have access to outlook...only the internet works (thank god)

was it a good thing or something rude?

Morning all.

Happy Birthday Voddas, glad you had a good one. :)

Tachi- said:
I've always wondered why those who are killers/rapists/generally bad people Live with no problems.....where as law abiding people who treat each other right, end up with cancer and other illness'
My guess is because IMO, there is no karma, there are no Gods (I only bring that up because it's a very common religious question - "Why does God allow..." etc). Therefore you have to either become a stronger person and rise above things or make your own karma (otherwise known as justice) and that can get messy. My big problem with Buddhism has always been that if you're peaceful, if you don't harm anyone else to the point at which you actually allow others to harm you, then regardless of how strong you are as an individual your peaceful ideals won't survive, will they? Look at Tibet. Someone non-peaceful will come along and walk all over you. The same applies to individuals.

Ahh, now you've jogged my memories. No, it was something i thought you'd like to see, decent price for what it is.

I'd buy a proper tablet.....if i didn't know how hard they are to fix when they go wrong.....i've had the displeasure of having to try fix one before.

Back