The General Conversation Area

Mornin people.

I've got a pretty good weekend planned, Tonight's the work christmas meal....tomorrow during the day i'll be going crimbo shopping in town with ben whos back from Uni (southampton)
then during the evening me and the gf will curl up in bed, she can watch X factor. and i'll put on my laptop and watch anime.
And on sunday, looks like i'll be down the gym, then heading home and spending time with the gf an probably ironing a few work shirts.

What are you upto this weekend then chaos?
(Yeah oracle sucks at the best of times)

I was considering buying a graphics tablet (the ones that are like laptops) however i know first hand that their a b**ch to fix. and have a relatively fair chance of encountering a fault days after your warranty expires.

yesterday the first family pet me and my g/f had died, all because endevaour couldn't get their contractors into action quick enough leaving us without central heating for 3 weeks almost. Then we got a gas bill this morning demanding £640 by the 22nd of this month, and to top it off, my g/f is being forced to work xmas till late because of one mother who insists on leaving her child in nursery to its closing time so she can go to the f'ing pub.

At the moment i'm waiting for EDF energy to ring back so i can get the gas bill sorted, there's tons of things wrong with it, and they even billed us for the time when we weren't even living there

What family pet?

And the bills you need to watch, im convinced the 90 odd quid i paid out the other month for a £25 contract was a scam. i've got unlimited texts and 600mins. and don't go on the internet....so i want it explaining how i managed to land myself with a 90 odd quid bill, they tried to say it was either picture messages (which are 35p a pop i might add) OR the internet usage (i fell asleep and my fone went on the vodafone website.....which is free i might add woke up a few hours later and realised, and made a point of looking at the bottom where it said the vodafone main page was free) although having no evidence i couldn't contest it.

Gas/electric people really are bastards for that. I've had problems with them trying to make me pay for the previous month when I wasn't even living in the flat in question.

Tachi, just tell them that and if they don't care, tell them your changing provider.

It was a hamster (it may not seem like much) but it was upsetting to find that he froze to death pretty much, only consoldation is that he went into hibernation so his death was painless

Maxon said:
Tachi, just tell them that and if they don't care, tell them your changing provider.

I'm trapped in a 12 month contract :/ otherwise i'd have warned them not to mess me around. I now pay itemized billing on my fone and funny thing is....i haven't been over charged since.....scamming little ba****ds

:( i had guinea pigs when i was little. they froze to death one bitter cold winter....and my hamster died from cancer the year after that.....so i know what you mean, its not great when there's actually something to blame.

Are you going to get another one?

Tachi- said:
What are you upto this weekend then chaos?
Have a dinner party tomorrow and I'm thinking about watching th White ribbon tomorrow. Other than that, I need to buy jeans and a bike.

Tachi- said:
(Yeah oracle sucks at the best of times)
Hokum said:
chaos said:
Tired of oracle :'(
orcl sucks i agree...
Mind if I ask what you guys use for DB's? It's just that in general I'm tired of SQL and Oracle is giving me pain with constraints I can't drop and dupes on records that shouldn't have dupes... Easy to fix, but a pain nonetheless.

BlackWolf said:
Hi guys, well it turns out what they say about bad luck coming in threes is true -_-
?

I hardly dabble in Oracle tbh,

If that DB is meant to mean Databases. i use Microsoft Access...which can corrupt itself at the slightest thing ¬_¬ Which is why i tend to run on a back up copy, and leave the original as a master copy.

@Chaos read my post at the top of the page

@Tachi we're going to leave it now till the warmer weather comes. What makes it worse is the fact that he's the first pet to die since one of the family dogs was put down last year (she died on xmas eve, that's an xmas i would glady forget)

Update on the gas bill, they've recognised that a mistake was made and i'm getting a new bill sent out next week, the guy was actually surpisingly helpful

Ah, okay mate. i was considering buying myself another russian dwarf hampster (because their the small anime looking type) and a little house and things for it, but until i know whats going on workwise and if i'll be going on holiday with the lads next year i guess it's wise not to get one just yet.

Back