The General Conversation Area

Tomorrow....you'll fone in sick and settle things :)

I hated it last year when we where running an office on under 4 people at times. it was a complete joke.....just like the government. thats a joke aswell. raising tax's.....utter joke ¬_¬

I'm alright thanks mono....tired still and have back ache but thats nothing unusual....these chair are terrible for comfort

Ayase / Voddas - please bear with me for the time being. hosting company blames me for the slowliness even though, the site was working just fine in another hosting company with lower grad specs.

They sent me a bible sized list of "enhancements" I need to do on the website before they will bother to look into the problem. Those changes include reviewing the whole AUKN db, which will take me at least 3 / 4 days to get done.

In the meantime, they say that because of all the issues on the website they are throttling our CPU time, which causes the website to be slower and more likely to hit a critical error :'(

After making these changes they asked me to, I'll give it a week to get things back to normal or else I'll have to look into moving hosts again.

@Ryo - Israel is great. It's still there ;) I went there for the cultural / religious aspects, but I've found a beautiful country with beautiful people.
It was also my first time surfing someone's couch and I was really great.

chaos said:
Israel is great. It's still there ;) I went there for the cultural / religious aspects, but I've found a beautiful country with beautiful people.
Don't tell me you're Japanese, Brazilian and Jewish? Leave some culture for the rest of us! ;)

I know I haven't been the most conversationalist today but never mind. Christmas is a bitch of a tax season. Have a good evening all.

Ciao :D

skikes said:
wow tachi thats quite impressive... i never knew you were such a chav 0_o
A... bold thing to say, I shall admit.

On an unrelated note, I dislike the child safety lock on the washing machine. I have to wait two whole minutes to gain access to my clean laundry because of it. I can't even fathom how the time delay is of any benefit to the safety of children, even if there were any living in the house.

Zin5ki said:
skikes said:
wow tachi thats quite impressive... i never knew you were such a chav 0_o
A... bold thing to say, I shall admit.

On an unrelated note, I dislike the child safety lock on the washing machine. I have to wait two whole minutes to gain access to my clean laundry because of it. I can't even fathom how the time delay is of any benefit to the safety of children, even if there were any living in the house.

Is -that- what that is? I've always wondered why I have to wait. Useless for me, I don't ever want kids, nor will I let people bring theirs over. :p

Tachi- said:
I'm looking at tablets....i wouldn't mind using one and being able to draw straight onto the laptop.

£39.99.....might have to ask my folks if they'd mind paying more money for xmas lol

Assuming the 40 quid is the price of the tablet, then I highly suggest you dont get it. It's worth saving up to get a Wacom Bamboo or something. I spent quite a lot on mine, and it's fantastic. It's A5 size and was between 140-200 quid, I know the A6's are around 100-140 though. Seriously though, they're fantastic. I've seen so many cheap, ****** tablets, but with Wacom it actually feels like you're drawing.

A brief scan of Amazon and I can't find mine, but when I get home after college i'll take a better look if you want. (Prices have probably changed since I bought mine too btw.)

lol ahh, fair enough :p

And yeah, i've recently made a deviantart account and although i've always preferred pencil and paper.....i think that trying with a tablet maybe the way forward.

Tablets are awesome for drawing. Used my sister's a few times. Wierd at first but you get used to it. Always wanted one myself but I would only settle for a high spec one (in the £600-£700 area). I managed to save £500 and then I went skint and strated dipping in. Next thing I knew, I was back to the start. ¬_¬

ayase said:
chaos said:
Israel is great. It's still there ;) I went there for the cultural / religious aspects, but I've found a beautiful country with beautiful people.
Don't tell me you're Japanese, Brazilian and Jewish? Leave some culture for the rest of us! ;)
Japanese is a heritage, Brazilian a nationality, Jew a religion and Geek Otaku a way of life ;)

No, not jew I was raised Christian (mum was catholic) and Shintoist (dad).

lol sounds like my saving.... had 1,500 in my savings account.....spend about a grand on a holiday in egypt. and since then i've been struggling to save again :/

christmas......your not helping matters!!!!

Right, got a query for you all.

Now, my order from play-asia finally shipped on the 25th of last month, and its been 15 days after its was shipped and i've received nothing. My guess this could be the fault of the post office, but having not received a red slip through the post, i can't say. Is there anyway i can contact them to see if its there or not and i just need to pick it up or do i need to ask through play-asia?

If its anything like Amazon, it should give you/be able to give you a referrenc number that you can use to track your parcel.

Or you may do as well to just send an email to Play Asia and explain that you've still not recieved your delivery and can somebody look into it for you.

Looking at tablets....their dinky little things....but cost £60?
i'm between these two:
Argos Number 675/7144
Argos Number 062/2581

the first one is 6x8 and comes with a pen and mouse for £58.79
the second one is only 4"x5.5" and comes with just a pen. for £38.99

Right, i may do that then if i don't get anything by saturday. Its just bothering me, i made the order nearly 2 months ago, and now its been sent, it takes for bloody ever to get here. Royal Mail are crappy at the mo though, so i do have the temptation to blame it all on them.

Back