The General Conversation Area

Hah, i would be quite grateful actually. I can talk to you about it when i get home tonight if you want, since i'm fairly busy at present with coursework(even if i wish i wasn't)

Morning all.

Wow. Heavy economy discussion. Had I been in charge, I'd have let the banks fail and allowed the economy (and thus society) to completely collapse, and stood on the balcony of my well-stocked penthouse with a glass of wine and a cigar as I watched the country descend into total anarchy.* But that's just me. ;)

Money is worthless paper at the end of the day, backed by nothing. It has no value, yet the world continues as though the monetary system is an immutable law. Our wealth is nothing more than an illusion built on the suffering of others. Not to get anyone down or anything, we just have to admit that's how it is. Certain people are only better off because others aren't, and vice-versa. I'd say we as residents of Britain are at more wealthy, less suffering end of the scale. People might complain about the wealthy bankers taking their tax money, but look at yourself through the eyes of, say, an Ethiopian peasant and you might look a whole lot better off. [/zen]

*I seem to remember Hayao Miyazaki, of all people, expressing similar sentiments about Tokyo in an interview I once read...

Let the bankers resign - taxpayers bailed the banks out, that money should be repaid before bonuses.

Besides there are enough unemployed people, I'm sure some of those would like the bankers' jobs.

Just ordered Gantz and Black lagoon 1+2 ^_^
my bank is now £46 lighter....but thats roughly 3 series sorted :D

I was in the post office lastnight picking up a parcel....and i've gotta say, the armed forces and the emergency services aren't allowed to strike....but the bloody post office is allowed to strike? i find it ********. utter B.S because i had the laziest b***ard in the force. a post office with more than 30 people in it. and he's taking his sweet time. in the end me, along with many others where shouting for a manager to appear because we wanted to be served on the day, not in two weeks time when snailboy had finished making his mind up whether he's going to get the parcel or stand there looking gormless.

That Black Lagoon bundle would have made a decent Crimbo present for my mate who just watched mine and loved it, but I already got him something and it is too far from his B'day to put it to one side.

I'm still here, still working on this damned assignment(s). One more question on this mock application form and i've finished it, hand it in, and be done with the crap it is. Whoeveer thought this was worth 20% of marks is out of his mind, specially since i'm making 75% of it up.

Back....i'm in two minds right now. Angel burst 3, 4, 5 and 6 for £12 - as a total. which is brilliant considering i've got the OVA and the first 2 vols, with free delivery its very tempting, but i also want the Cayote ragtime show too :(

Plus the order for the black lagoon seasons 1+2 and Gantz is sat there with all my details....waiting for me to order. but its £39......thats the fine bit, the problem is when they add the £7 P&P its £46 :( i dunno what to do!

Bought elfen leid vol 1 + 2 and Howlings moving castle for £13.50 at lunch today...happy with myself for that :)

Just had the oddest conversation with someone from BT Broadband. Long pauses when I didn't know if I was supposed to be saying something or what... Basically they were trying to get me to extend my contract for no apparent reason (it doesn't run out for over a year) and trying to sell me internet security software.

"Do you have internet security?"
"Yes."
"And who's it with?"
"AVG"
"And how much do you pay for that?"
"Nothing."
"Ah, you download the free version... ::long pause again:: Okay, thank you. Bye."

:lol:

BlackWolf said:
good afternoon people :) how are we all today?

@Chaos the Blue Dragon DVDs turned up today, turns out they were only sent off yesterday judging by the postal mark.
I can only assume you got lucky and Manga sent you a replacement. ;)

mangaman74 said:
Let the bankers resign - taxpayers bailed the banks out, that money should be repaid before bonuses.

Besides there are enough unemployed people, I'm sure some of those would like the bankers' jobs.
Let them resign and let the banks collapse (which is exactly why the goverment put money into them in the first place).
As I was trying to explain, bonuses are based on the profit each of them brought to the company individually.

There are surely loads of people who wants the bankers salaries, but not much who actually knows how to or are actually willing to do it.

ayase said:
Is there anyone left after the economy talk and forum downtime? >_>
I was out, buying shekels for the first incursion into middle east. Also got me a beef burrito.

Hey mono!

Back