The General Conversation Area

Actually the fountain of youth that i sold Voddas was actually just some Evian water in an old fountain that i found in a scrap heap, i mixed it with toilet water just to hide the taste...but don't tell Voddas that :p

@Tach I've made similar mistakes like that, but i rectified them by binning the offending DVDs or by giving them away (like the Divergence Eve series)

Later guys :)

BlackWolf said:
That's me down to a t, in my Magic: The Gathering days my line of thinking was always "just one more booster then i'll stop for a while" a while turned out to be a couple of days...I'm happy with my collection now like its just i would like to own more new cards. Luckily i've got no money :p

Magic was a killer I got into it when I was at Uni around the time of revised and Antiquities / Arabian nights. I had some pretty hardcore friends and we would end up going out and buying boxes of boosters not just one or two at a time. Fortunately I realised a bit later on that it was all one big arms race with the new cards, and worse new rules with each expansion meaning older cards were now useless. I have tried getting back into it now and again since just buying some of the most recent cards at the time for when fiends get together, but it does not interest me that much now. I like to play for fun, I just can't be bothered with all the tactics like playing everything at the end of your opponents turn.

As for the Hentai debate I have only bought a couple of things that are real Hentai just to see what they were like.

Tachi- said:
lol yeah i don't think i'll be bringing out the Darkness boxset i have hidden in my closet out of disgust of myself lol. it was going for cheap so i bought it, turned out being hentai so it sits in the closet away from the normal anime.

Not just hentai, hentai with maiming and other such monster goes on random creepy egg laying rampage killing people, stuff. I bought them knowing they were hentai, not knowing they were -that- kind. I let my ex keep those. :p Same cheap set, HMV?

Tachi - considering your requirements for your chicks crotch, shall we assume you are completely bald, including sack and crack? :p (Personally I find that pretty scarey looking, especially when they get ingrown hairs and razor burn, looks like a plucked chicken :p)

*Is more a landing strip girl* I have waxing(followed by depilatory cream since it hadn't gone right waxing) accident scars to cover :p

*Tries to remember what else was posted today*
Ah, christmas. I really prefer to only buy for people I am really close with and know really well. I don't like some of the stuff I get randomly from people that don't know me, and it never ends up usable, ends up in the closet or sent to a charity shop, as it's never anything ebay-able. I make a point of trying to give really good gifts though, though this year I'm a bit screwed for money and have only bought James one thing so far. Last year I made my flatmate a plush companion cube for christmas, he got me a plush chocobo, win win.

Today has been pretty ****, feel pretty down on myself and my ability to ever succeed. Was thinking about how it's only 3.5 years till 30 and I'm still not successful, I don't even have an ongoing job. :/ The future is bleak.
Though I was slightly more cheered up when my flatmate needed a solution to his inner coat pocket makes phones fall out if bend over dilemma, before he starts using his new phone. Which I was able to sort out without having to go buy anything as I have random stuff for making things and had some things to add snap buttons. Something about doing little tasks like that pleases me. I've always been a bit simple and old fashioned, with the baking and cooking, and the interest in sewing. I wish someone would pay me money to be myself. I'd wear a skimpy catgirl outfit in the process if it helped. :p

@Tachi and Nyani - this waxing talk is creeping me out. I'm a very visual person and that was a pretty visual subject... :p

@Nyani - break up with James, wear a catgirl outfit all the time and I'll make it worth for you!
Seriously now*, there will be very few people who would consider themselves successfull in their 20's, dammit, I'm in my 30's and I don't think I'm there just yet. Other people my age have wives, kids, houses and great jobs I'm envious about.

Success varies from people to people, but I do know quite a few people who are in the same professional situation as you and have a second kid coming... Point being, it's never too bad it cant get worse. And well, if things are looking bad, maybe there is time for you to make them better? Secret is not to sit on your bum, waiting for things to magically happen, but rather fight for them. The shounen attitude is a good mindset =)

*I was serious before, but had to say that in case James would consider painting a target on my chest and practice archery with me... ;)

Nyani said:
Tachi- said:
lol yeah i don't think i'll be bringing out the Darkness boxset i have hidden in my closet out of disgust of myself lol. it was going for cheap so i bought it, turned out being hentai so it sits in the closet away from the normal anime.

Not just hentai, hentai with maiming and other such monster goes on random creepy egg laying rampage killing people, stuff. I bought them knowing they were hentai, not knowing they were -that- kind. I let my ex keep those. :p Same cheap set, HMV?

Yeah, how'd you guess :p watching it i thought.....riiiight this is weird....*ejects from dvd player and puts back in boxset and then shuts it off in the back of the closet* until i have to move.....it'll stay there at the back of my mind and hopefully i'll not have to worry about what its fate will be for a long time to come.

Nyani said:
Tachi - considering your requirements for your chicks crotch, shall we assume you are completely bald, including sack and crack? :p (Personally I find that pretty scarey looking, especially when they get ingrown hairs and razor burn, looks like a plucked chicken :p)

*Is more a landing strip girl* I have waxing(followed by depilatory cream since it hadn't gone right waxing) accident scars to cover :p

:lol: Nooo, me personally...a light trim if anything. unlike women.....blokes nether regions tend to move. So i leave the shaving and waxing to the pro's and just leave it 9/10 times, the 1/10 is when i decide to use some scissors for a trim :lol: I'd imagine cutting yourself down there would hurt like hell too. :(

Nyani said:
Today has been pretty ****, feel pretty down on myself and my ability to ever succeed. Was thinking about how it's only 3.5 years till 30 and I'm still not successful, I don't even have an ongoing job. :/ The future is bleak.

I've held a motto for a long time, if anything, hopefully by reading it, it may help.

"Persistence is the key to success"

It's one of lifes little truths, if you keep at it you'll eventually get to where the grass is greener. It may be incredibly hard to do....but giving up won't get you anywhere so there's more sense in trying :)

Had a good evening. gym then pub...my mates beer got contaminated by my mate hazel (who bought the drinks all night - he owes us each about £30) he put a lemon and ice cube in sams pint. Then when i went to the toilet and came back. looked at my pint with sceptisism......yep....salt and pepper in my fosters, thing was it was still 3/4 full so it completely wasted my drink and hazels money.

Got home and went straigt to bed, head hit the pillow and i was out for the count. Thank god its friday atlast, can relax soon :)

Ps: your a visual person huh chaos? ever pictured two sumo sized fatties having whale sex? ;) (only joking)

...I'm gonna move the convo on a bit..if thats possible by me, hah.

Stuck at uni for the next 6 odd hours the day, no classes, no tutorials, just two assignments. I gotta work on a mock application form which our lecturer wants us to answer as seriously as possible..which, hah, is hellish. I don't even know if there is anything through maths i'd even consider, so how the heck am i supposed to do this seriously? and for 20% no less =/ Second thing isn't too bad, a 2 sides of A4 report on an organisation, RBS looks decent enough to do for their attempt at getting 1.5bn in bonuses. *Sigh* i hate maths.

Asides from that, the forum seems hella slow the day, i know overnight the site was hardly ever working but still, i would've thought it may have solved some of its own problems by now =/

Tachi- said:
I've held a motto for a long time, if anything, hopefully by reading it, it may help.

"Persistence is the key to success"

It's one of lifes little truths, if you keep at it you'll eventually get to where the grass is greener. It may be incredibly hard to do....but giving up won't get you anywhere so there's more sense in trying :)

Reminds me of these:
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
"Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
Thomas A. Edison

Tachi- said:
Had a good evening. gym then pub...my mates beer got contaminated by my mate hazel (who bought the drinks all night - he owes us each about £30) he put a lemon and ice cube in sams pint. Then when i went to the toilet and came back. looked at my pint with sceptisism......yep....salt and pepper in my fosters, thing was it was still 3/4 full so it completely wasted my drink and hazels money.
My evening was good, headed to trafalgar square to see the Christmas lights ceremony (which was lame), walked to chinatown for some duck / pork with rice, it was cheap and good =) , then went to a concert with a friend and they even had free drinks later!!!

Tachi- said:
Ps: your a visual person huh chaos? ever pictured two sumo sized fatties having whale sex? ;) (only joking)
Damn you!!! I just did :'(

Arbalest said:
...Second thing isn't too bad, a 2 sides of A4 report on an organisation, RBS looks decent enough to do for their attempt at getting 1.5bn in bonuses...
Honestly, if the goverment forces RBS and RBS only to cut the bonuses, every other bank will be overjoyed. The best people in RBS will move jobs to other places, leaving only the incompetent / less capable ones. Simply.

I expect a raise / a good bonus this year. If this do not come, I'm sure to resign. One thing that the public in general don't see in it is that a large chunk of the bonuses is actually commissions. Bankers at my company expect at least 0.5% of the bank's profit back to them on their bonuses.

As for me, I'm in IT and the crisis meant they cut my team to 1/5 of its original size, while still having all the previous responsibilities of the larger team, we ended with only three guys to do all the work.

Yeah we at the NHS have faced further budget cuts. its got to the point that people are working over their working time directive, and the units are basically bribing their staff to work....which makes my job that much more difficult as instead of having tabs on who's working where and how many hours a week my staff are doing, people are being preebooked and the units don't know how much time my staff are doing. nor that their breaking the law in cases. their main priority is to cover the unit. to which....i see both sides of the coin, without the staff breaking the law and going over their hours....the units wouldn't be covered around the clock. but being the one who's meant to oversee this thing....its my job to instill the law and make sure people aren't going too over the top.

We found a woman who worked 23.5 hours in a 24hour period. then went on to work an early the day after. with no rest it becomes a hazard. and duty of care is paramount, so when it hits the fan a judgment call is required (aka me) to balance things. either let them go over their hours cover placements and due to fatigue the staff leave the unit in danger. or instill the law and stop them working but the unit goes uncovered and it becomes a danger. Not an easy thing to do...deciding what is wrong and what is right, when peoples lives are on the line.

And you wonder why i'm so care free on here....i have to be, to maintain some sense of being sane.

If only the banks didn't screw everything up we'd have more money and better funding to recruite more staff and thus cancelling out the whole dilema....but then again, what do we expect fromt he government, the ones who only look out for themselves, we ONLY heal and care for the whole polulation ¬_¬

Well, Lloyds have done the very same as RBS and are trying to threaten the very same, so its not just them now. they are rather stupid though i will say. They don't need those bonuses, they are just greedy to be honest. My mock application form is not going to have anything to do with banks, cause, hah, if i was to put them down, i'd say i wouldn't join them for being greedy buggers.

Ahh, atlast. Skikes.....always there to lighten the mood lol

Not much mate, just eating celebrations :p it was 2 peoples birthdays (today and yesterday so its cakes cakes cakes :D )

tonights looking good :) get to sit, eat pizza, watch anime and have my gf round for pretty much most of the night.
Hopefully my family will bugger off to the neighbours house so i can have alone time with the gf

Tachi- said:
And you wonder why i'm so care free on here....i have to be, to maintain some sense of being sane.
I know what you mean :) I don't like to put much brain effort in my entertainment for the very same reasons.

Tachi- said:
If only the banks didn't screw everything up we'd have more money and better funding to recruite more staff and thus cancelling out the whole dilema....but then again, what do we expect fromt he government, the ones who only look out for themselves, we ONLY heal and care for the whole polulation ¬_¬
But the problem is - the crisis was generated because people didn't pay back their debts. The banker was greedy because they were counting on people being honest / not stupid to the point they'd have their houses repossessed, but that's what happened.
These mortgages were linked to other products which them made the whole market collapse. But all of that was on the assumption that an X percent of the population taking mortgages would repay them. X is not a 100%, because they do expect a few people not to repay their debts. They call it the operation risk, which is an amount Y of people not repaying. The Y amount got way higher than what they thought it would be and the profit started to come down, bringing everything else down as well.

But if you blame the crisis on the guys who didn't pay their mortgages you're being mean, so let's shift all the blame to bankers, because they were greedy. But weren't those who got into absurd debts greedy themselves? What I mean is, the whole issue is a lot greyer than the media makes you believe it is.

Arbalest said:
Well, Lloyds have done the very same as RBS and are trying to threaten the very same, so its not just them now. they are rather stupid though i will say. They don't need those bonuses, they are just greedy to be honest. My mock application form is not going to have anything to do with banks, cause, hah, if i was to put them down, i'd say i wouldn't join them for being greedy buggers.
=) I know what you mean. One of the reasons I want a job in something that is not a bank.

WRT to need the bonuses, no i don't need a bonus or a raise. But my personal sacrifices and the sacrifices of those around me, make me believe we do deserve finantial compensation. More often than not my days are 10 / 12 hours, officially I'm a nine-to-fiver and that's what everybody around me is doing.

And hey skikes.

I think you've explained enough there chaos....but i'd say to validate the blame being on the bankers....they gave out mortages to people who (if the bankers had of thought about it) had no real way of paying the banks back to begin with. in the long run they'd claim interest and eventually get the price of the house back and will also make a nice little amount on the side from the interest. The worlds Governments are to blame for not standing in and putting measures in place too.

I take pity on those with a house thats now in negative equity....their the ones who got screwed over the hardest. their homes not even worth the mortgage their still paying for it :/

On a nicer note....i'm looking at anime i want for christmas....and that drunken irish song is on the radio ^_^ Can't wait for crimbo....family meet up at my house. this song blaring at 3am and a housefull of drunken irishmen stood singing with beers held high lol

I'd love to go back to ireland.....if only to visit the countryside and relax. not for the family side, its a case of going round seeing family it turns into "yell beh guen teh see yur anti ethel then t'moro yell be round yur great uncle arlberts" basically you get ushered round the family your whole visit ¬_¬ (well if your part of my family you do)

I'll admit, those MVM bundles are hella tempting. Its a good time for me to pick up the likes of paranoia agent and Trigun with those prices. Gun X Sword is a good price too, though i got the whole series for just a little more than that via singles, so i won't complain.

Arbalest said:
I'll admit, those MVM bundles are hella tempting. Its a good time for me to pick up the likes of paranoia agent and Trigun with those prices. Gun X Sword is a good price too, though i got the whole series for just a little more than that via singles, so i won't complain.
I have an extra paranoia agent singles. Would you like them?

Tachi- said:
Ahh, atlast. Skikes.....always there to lighten the mood lol

ahh im glad ^_^

Tachi- said:
I'd love to go back to ireland.....if only to visit the countryside and relax. not for the family side, its a case of going round seeing family it turns into "yell beh guen teh see yur anti ethel then t'moro yell be round yur great uncle arlberts" basically you get ushered round the family your whole visit ¬_¬ (well if your part of my family you do)

You should. Dublin City is beautiful in summer. Country is boring. It's just grass and cows and ****.

---

Dont think im up to much tonight. My sister is planning on coming down but usually she hears that all her mates are going out and gets scared of missing something...

Kinda wanna go party myself. Havent been wasted in awhile.

chaos said:
Arbalest said:

As in the whole series? since i wouldn't mind, but i do lack PayPal and such to pay for them if you want money for them.

Arbalest said:
chaos said:
Arbalest said:

As in the whole series? since i wouldn't mind, but i do lack PayPal and such to pay for them if you want money for them.
Yes the singles. Bought an extra set at Ayacon, as I wanted it signed by Momoi-san. You can buy me a nice burger or a fish and chips when I visit Scotland. As of now, it's only taking up my shelf space.

Back