The General Conversation Area

I'd say avoid getting back on WOW unless you are actively craving WOW itself. As a "I just need something to do" it's not good. I tried that recently (I've also quit multiple times, lately longer breaks when waiting for expansions). James and I reactivated recently but after only a month I was sick of it (hadn't been enjoying my times on anyway), the 2nd month I logged on a total of twice (obviously now I've cancelled sub). Unless you find it actually fun there's no point. I'm not even sure if I'll be coming back for Cataclysm now, didn't enjoy WOTLK at all.

Good morning everyone.

If I don't reply as often as usual, it is because I am off this week :D

It is my usual habit of leaving my holidays till the end of the year - I have had 9 days off since the start of November.

Morning all those just waking up and such. Anyone having problems with the site at all? I keep getting errors all over the place on here as well as the chat. One minute it'll be fine, the next white screen or critical error, its rather annoying.

But there we go. Got two damned assignments to get done for the end of the week, not started either, but shouldn't take more than a couple hours to do both. Hate them though, how are we supposed to know what the heck we want to do now when we're still in 3rd year? most people aren't even gonna know even well into their 4th year for hells sake.

Morning all.

not in the best of moods. i had a great time on friday, saturday......then sunday rolled around and the horrible, argument hungry cow that is my mother appeared.

At random times.....when everything is fine and in harmony in our household....she'll wake up in a mood and its always with me, even when proven to be wrong, or proven to be basically blaming me for everything even when i'm not the one at fault, she'll still blame me. and in cases, will make a point of going over the top with things, making out that i'm in the wrong and its been going on for ages, so when i ask what days and when these things occur, there's alot of "erm, urgh....um's" going on as she struggles to make the ******** up.

Then when things really kick off and i stand there all placid. not rising to all her little comments....it really pisses her off, so she gets louder. in the end.....and even though he knows she's wrong....my dad will get involved and can't be the one to seem (to my mum that is) to be taking sides against her.....so he backs her......later to say to me quietly that she was in the wrong.

And once again i'm being told "after christmas your gone, your out of this house and thats final"
Well, i know its all hot air so tbh i don't really care....but its the bitch that really gets on my nerves. i try to never show to the person that i'm pissed off, that they've won in bugging the hell out of me and ruined my day. and she's booked the day off work today......so if i get home tonight and ANYTHING in my room has been moved, changed or anything.....then by words of force. i'll get her to leave the house.

I've had an all-round bad week myself, Tachi. Work's been hectic, of which people are making me rush and it causes mistakes, I've been late for work and my car now has scratches along the back door of one side...

Fun for all, I guess.

Morning all.

A cold day here but a refreshing one rather than than the non-stop rain which made my bathroom ceiling leak yesterday. I'm now enjoying a proper cup of coffee-shop coffee which tastes far better than the stuff made with the shop's sulphur tasting tap water.

Let me just plug my intro thread again. As I've said elsewhere (though somewhat obscurely, in the gaming section) it would be great if regulars (and especially those of us who use this thread on a regular basis) were to say a little about themselves in the 'Usual Suspects' thread I've made in Introductions. I can't help but think it would be nice for people to get the measure of us before they dive into the forum proper. Like a field guide to the species you will encounter in a safari park. ;)

If anyone wonders why I've suddenly become pro-active it's because I feel I've come off a bit of a ski-ramp emotionally. I felt particularly **** but now I feel particularly good. I think admitting I didn't really give a **** on the 'Global Warming' thread helped. Expect more useful contributions and reviews from me in the coming days. :)

Off sick from work as my back is pretty messed up to day. I can't sit stand or lay down without some level of discomfort, though I should have known this was coming as the sciatica was playing up last week. I will pop on here from time to time and watch some Planetes to take my mind of things.

Sounds painful :/
Hopefully you'll be alright again soon mate, atleast you've got time to watch some anime tho huh? :)

i'd love a bacon butty right now :(

Tachi- said:
Sounds painful :/
Hopefully you'll be alright again soon mate, atleast you've got time to watch some anime tho huh? :)

i'd love a bacon butty right now :(

I have lived with it for years, I woke up the morning I was moving from where I was staying at Uni to the house my folks had bought to rent to me and my friends for my final year and I just could not move.

I know my back has its problems so I normally take pretty good care of it but once every 18 months to 2 years I have a real problem with it and end up having to take from a few days up to 2 weeks off work to let it rest and just stand/sit whatever whenever it takes for it to come back to normal.

Have you seen an osteopath? it could be a trapped nerve in your spine causing you to feel pain when any pressure is applied on your spine later in the day (due to the spine "shrinking" over the day, if you've got a trapped nerve it could have come about again due to having recently put stress on your back late in the day, it would certainly be enough to trap a nerve)

Afternoon,

I hope your back gets better soon Dracos, it may be worth going to see someone about it.

I had reasonably good weekend, if expensive.

I ended up on Saturday replacing the hard disc in my computer as last week it had started warning me that it was failing. I had a spare drive, but it took about an hour to strip it down, clean out all the dust and replace the drive. Then about 1/2 an hour to reinstall Ubuntu, and the rest of the day to copy all my data across to the new drive.

Sorry to hear about your back troubles Dracos. Enjoy Planetes though, I loved it. Afternoon Kevin, I really like Ubuntu. I have it on my netbook and keep meaning to dual-boot my main computer, but never get round to clearing enough space on the HDD.

I'd like a new law passed. If a car alarm goes of for more than two minutes and it isn't being stolen, passers by should be within their rights to smash the car up with any implements to hand until it stops making a noise... ¬_¬

ayase said:
I'd like a new law passed. If a car alarm goes of for more than two minutes and it isn't being stolen, passers by should be within their rights to smash the car up with any implements to hand until it stops making a noise... ¬_¬

Easy, hit the front with a brick. lift the hood and then pull out the battery.

That would be quick, but nowhere near as satisfying as bludgeoning it to death from all sides.

Honestly though, why do car manufacturers bother with alarms any more? No-one takes the least bit of notice even if they are being stolen. They're not a security measure, just noise pollution. And they're all uniformly shite and go off when they aren't supposed to. I remember my dad cut the wires to the alarm speaker on his old Granada after it started going off when cornering.

Get well soon Dracos. I have back pain sometimes as well, but hardly ever something that keeps me from working (I did had those sometimes though).

Tachi - that time of the month for you mum?

lol guess i was referring to the PC way of vandalizing a car horn huh? Ayase :p

And i can't wait for her to stop with the damn thing if thats the case chaos.

lol hey, how pathetic PC actually is, if it ever came about where there was a PC way to do anything unlawful i'd probably give up on living here and move to mexico.

Hey mono, how're you? :)

Back