The General Conversation Area

Voddas said:
What anime and what films? ...if you don't mind me asking. :p

The anime was Ouran High School Hosts Club, of which I have currently watched the first 3 discs of, and found it very funny.

The films where Max Payne. and an other one the name of which has completely gone at the moment, I will post its name this evening when I get home. My memory is like a piece of pipe, what goes in one side just flows straight through.

Ouran High is a good series. It ends with you wanting more (which I hate) which can only be a sign that you really enjoyed the series. Ouran High is what turned me onto School Rumble and I freaking love that series. If you haven't seen it, add it to your "to watch" pile.

As for Max Payne, I was a HUGE fan of the games. One of the only games I ever owned that I've completed 5 or 6 times (both 1 and 2). Movie was a big disapointment like. Not that I was expecting too much. Better than most game to movie's I've seen. I'll give it that much.

I went to see 2012 on Friday at my local cinema. My god it was worth the eye gouging £6.20 I payed to see it for the special affects alone. The story line wasn't as crap as I was perhaps expecting either. So glad I didn't wait to see this on DVD.

Voddas said:
Ouran High is a good series. It ends with you wanting more (which I hate) which can only be a sign that you really enjoyed the series. Ouran High is what turned me onto School Rumble and I freaking love that series. If you haven't seen it, add it to your "to watch" pile.

School Rumble is on my to get list, although I need to find out whats the best way to get hold of it, and if my DVD player will play region 1 DVD's, as the one I have got currently is a ASDA brand cheepo which I bought when my last DVD player broke. Although I am thinking of getting an second-hand PS3 as an Blue-Ray/DVD and network media player next weekend when my overtime is payed (hopefully) as an early birthday present to myself.

Voddas said:
As for Max Payne, I was a HUGE fan of the games. One of the only games I ever owned that I've completed 5 or 6 times (both 1 and 2). Movie was a big disapointment like. Not that I was expecting too much. Better than most game to movie's I've seen. I'll give it that much.

I have not played any of the games, and found the movie OK for a game movie, but then I picked it up in a sale going cheep.

KevinB said:
School Rumble is on my to get list, although I need to find out whats the best way to get hold of it, and if my DVD player will play region 1 DVD's, as the one I have got currently is a ASDA brand cheepo which I bought when my last DVD player broke. Although I am thinking of getting an second-hand PS3 as an Blue-Ray/DVD and network media player next weekend when my overtime is payed (hopefully) as an early birthday present to myself.
My birthday next month. Wish I could afford a PS3 but I have to sepend any extra cash on the fiance. ¬_¬
I found School Rumble worked out cheaper ordering from the US. Obviously it was a Region 1 but you can probably unlock your DVD player to play them. It's really easy. Most DVD players come with a code to disable the banding restrictions. All you need to do is google your DVD player make and search for regional release, Multi-Region, unlock etc. Then you'll probably need to tap in about 7 buttons on your remote and hay presto. Your player is now multi region. Worked a treat for myslef on several DVD players.

KevinB said:
I have not played any of the games, and found the movie OK for a game movie, but then I picked it up in a sale going cheep.
Fare enough. :p Good games like.

edit: Afternoon Mono :D

That sucks :(

Ah well, I'll just have to wait for it's release in the US. :p

I'm good thanks Mono. Had four days off so I've been taking it easy.... (that's what I'd like to say). Instead, I've been cleaning the house, crimbo shopping and arranging my anniversairy beind Sarah's back. More stress than was wanted.
Almost glad to be back at work... almost. lol

You ok mrs?

Good to hear Voddas :D

I'm in a brilliant mood as my Mai-Otome special edition volume 1 has been sent :D though I will be at college when it comes in the post so I will probably end up having to collect it from the post office

as for Christmas shopping, I completed mine last week :p

MONONOKE said:
as for Christmas shopping, I completed mine last week :p
YOUR DONE?! My god Mono, I wish I was as organised as you. I've got as far as two presents... and I have a lot to get sorted. T_T

I hate having to collect from the post office. Especially if you have to wait till the next day. All you have is a little postal note to entertain you untill then. Wouldn't it fit threw the post box tho? Isn't it just a single volume?

Or (I'm assuming) it comes with a model/t-shirt/artbook? :p

OOoh... puurdey.... *claws at monitor*

Very nice! And your right, it doesn't look like it would fit. :p

Never seen the series myself. You seen it before? Or are you delving into the unknown?

Voddas said:
KevinB said:
My birthday next month. Wish I could afford a PS3 but I have to sepend any extra cash on the fiance. ¬_¬

My birthday is also next month. So is both my parents, my sister and a grandparent (oh and my parents wedding anniversary). Having the money is a case of having done a lot of overtime in the last couple of months and being single.

Voddas said:
I found School Rumble worked out cheaper ordering from the US. Obviously it was a Region 1 but you can probably unlock your DVD player to play them. It's really easy. Most DVD players come with a code to disable the banding restrictions. All you need to do is google your DVD player make and search for regional release, Multi-Region, unlock etc. Then you'll probably need to tap in about 7 buttons on your remote and hay presto. Your player is now multi region. Worked a treat for myslef on several DVD players.

I have searched on the web for an unlock code, but did not find anything last time. I will have another look.

Hi Mono.

So far I have only got my sisters Christmas and birthday presents, as we go out to a craft fair together and get each others presents there. I am going out tomorrow night to get my niece's Christmas present, and the rest will be reasonably easy as they will probably be getting book vouchers.

Thanks Ryo but I have season 1 and 2 and the first OVA already. Just waiting for the second and final OVA now. Hasn't been released from what I can tell. It's taking it's sweet ass time.
:evil:

Anyway..... ¬_¬ - *sigh*

edit: Good luck finding it then KB.

Afternoon Skikes, long time no fee... ...see. ;)

I like the Mai-Hime one too Ryo and I'm hoping to get it after Christmas :)

Great news about School Rumble boxset as I have been meaning to get the rest of it seeing as I won't get to finish my art box :D

and hiya skikes and KevinB :)

Back