The General Conversation Area

ayase said:
Stick with your current jobs until I'm in a position to hire guys...

I'm giving serious thought to changing the direction of my business a little (though probably not until after Christmas now) and moving an online side more in the direction of shall we say, a particular kind of book members of this site would likely appreciate. ;)
Promise me a large enough manga supply and I can setup the store for you ;)
I'm getting used to being paid in anime and manga, as I did that with my YU 50 DVD's =P

Okay, why is skikes sad, and how fast can chaos build a website? :p

Seriously though chaos, I'm willing to consider just about anything at the moment. After Christmas it'll be time for me to decide what (and where) the future of the business is before my tenancy renewal comes up. I did well here over summer but when it's quiet, it is quiet - which is why I'm currently trying to take more trade online. I'm listing the inventory on Amazon as we speak.

BlackWolf said:
Wish my self employment dreams played out....shame but what can you do? Although i'm currently learning ruby...
A true OO. I like the way everything is a message in Ruby. A couple of my friends lives from doing the odd jobs at rent-a-coder like websites using ruby on rails.
Add a little ANSI-SQL and you could do professional webmaster work as well Black. Opening up your opportunities is always a good idea.

skikes said:
im sad today :(

...and nobody cares :cry:
I thought I heard someone... oh, that's just skikes. ;)

ayase said:
Okay, why is skikes sad, and how fast can chaos build a website? :p
Varies from lighting fast to painfully slow. Depends on the weather (and my good mood) ;)

@Black - I'd say so, yeah. I got a pretty decent location for a relatively low price compared to the shops around me, but people's shopping habits are changing. Retail is (here at least) being consolidated in the main shopping area and the edges of the town are dying as a result. There are even shops (like mine) just outside the centre still on main thoroughfares, but people get to the end of the pedestrian zone and think "that's it" and turn around. But there's no way in hell I could afford the rents up there - which makes me think that for the short term at least, the way forward is in selling online.

Right. that bombshells about to hit a few nerves.

I know that the issues are not opinions of others but are your own.

However. You yourself know that the staff are being contacted and shifts are being covered. The weekly stats alone can tell you that much, looking back at them I’ve had equal if not in some cases more shifts through on a per person basis than the HPFT booking team.

The fact that I can’t do inputting of reference numbers when bedforshire goes manic isn’t a problem, Why? Because I’m one person.

On the HPFT team they have one person put their phone through to the other person so that their undisturbed, giving them time to update numbers for UTC, NLR and agency. I however, don’t have that privilege so its wrong of you to expect me, or anyone else to be able to input reference numbers ontop of manage Bedfordshire when it hits the fan.

“To clarify, are you making a complaint about the working levels of the HPFT Booking Team? As it stands, I am happy with the working levels there but I shall look into it further if necessary.”

I am complaining about their working levels. Especially when your asking me to call people this morning for herts staff through gritted teeth and when janet doesn’t make a single call or receive one either for 20 minutes you fail to say anything. It’s been brought to higher management regarding what herts is doing and I believe that you should look into it.

Bottom line.

If your going to carry on overseeing my work so closely then atleast do the same for others in this office when comments are passed onto you. Saying you’ll look into it is necessary isn’t enough. As I stated in the past, comments are made about my work and you hauled me into an office. Now I’m making comments on other peoples work and your doing NOTHING!

If your so incompetent then I will take it higher. But I’ll send formal complaints regarding bullying also as your double standards aren’t right. And that your failing in your job as a team leader to treat all staff equally.

chaos said:
BlackWolf said:
Wish my self employment dreams played out....shame but what can you do? Although i'm currently learning ruby...
A true OO. I like the way everything is a message in Ruby. A couple of my friends lives from doing the odd jobs at rent-a-coder like websites using ruby on rails.
Add a little ANSI-SQL and you could do professional webmaster work as well Black. Opening up your opportunities is always a good idea.

I was thinking of doing that as well funnily enough, having web skills would benefit me since i could have an online portfolio to show my work off.

@Ayase i see, still i guess that's just the way brick and mortar stores are heading, still good luck with your online venture

Careful that you don't come across as blackmailing with regards to the threat to report them as bullying. If they can make it look like blackmail then they can turn it against you.

Chaos if you have any links that could help me with either of those things earlier i would appreciate it thanks :) just pm me if you could.

oh and i sent a copy of my story to the same address as i sent it before :)

Well guys i'm heading off, need to pop out for a bit to get some things done.

Good luck with things Tach, you deserve it :)

Later guys :)

Tachi- said:
If your so incompetent then I will take it higher.
Brave Tachi is brave.

Tachi- said:
But I’ll send formal complaints regarding bullying also as your double standards aren’t right. And that your failing in your job as a team leader to treat all staff equally.
I personally don't believe in treating people equally. You should not take an experienced professional by the hand for every task he does, while you might need to do that for a new comer.

You can leave a very responsible and pro-active persons on their own, but the lazy ones must be watched closely.

In your case, isn't it one of those situations where you're too good for the job? Also, how old is the rest of the people in your office?

I don't know the people you're dealing with, but beware. You have to be really strong to stand up on your own, if they ever decide to gang up on you (if they are not doing this already).

One thing that I do in these situations is to write and angry email (never writing any address on it), show it to some mate and if the anger is still there, tone things down and act. If the anger is not there anymore, it means it wasn't worth it. Leaving it for the next day is also something that works for me.

What I mean by that is that more often than not, these is worthless. It can't really change a thing and it should be handled in a more subtle way.

Well, that's my 2p.

BlackWolf said:
oh and i sent a copy of my story to the same address as i sent it before :)
You'll have a pm and I never got the revised copy of your story :S

Don't worry about it Chaos.

My reply was pretty much what i expected.
He's backed down.

Doesn't like to have any sort of confrontation.
So the outcome was pretty much apparent the minute i put my guard up and go on the offensive.

To answer your question, he's 29. and everyone else Bar kayleigh (not my gf kayleigh) is over 40.

I don't know why it was being done but its stopped now. the minute it starts again i'm taking it higher.

Anyway....its not the first time he's tried this bull...

Didn't work last time either.

Anyway.....How's people?

Back