The General Conversation Area

That's quite random? :? lol

Morning Tachi. You like your Nando's don't you. Is it just a local place or is it a chain? I would say that I may have heard of it before but it was probably just from you again. Heh.

COD:MW2 Looks and plays REALLY nicely! The graphics are draw dropping and the single player missions (that I've played thus far) have been sweeet! You will have to buy the game, however there is no rush. I can't see it's popularity fading anytime in the near future.

*yaaawn*
Why did you have to make me think of my bed. *sleepy groan*

edit: Morning skikes

Skikes - Excitable

Morning all. Had to (half) run to work today after my snooze alarm didn't work. Did it in under fifteen minutes which I didn't think was physically possible. Downside is I am now resting and unable to actually do any work for a little while. Shop's open though, that's what counts...

ayase - frustrated / ambivalent

Mornin Ayase an skikes.

I get paid tomorrow...and as i worked a full week....full pay :thumb: which means i'll be buying my copy of COD MW2 tomorrow :D

@ Voddas, its a chain. portugese food, i love it ^_^

Tachi - relaxing eating a snickers.

Already am doing Voddas :thumb:

The tap water tastes awful again today however, that's a real problem around here (don't know if water rates are really fair when it's near undrinkable - the water company keep saying they're currently 'upgrading the system'). I've had to put sugar in to make it palatable - and I never have sugar in my coffee. Tastes weird...

Nice one :thumb:

Coffee is best served black imo. But then again I am a bit of a caffeine fiend at the best of times. Well, caffeine and taurine. Just had myself a red bull (a cheaper version anyway).
:p

edit: 11.00am

*2 MINUTE SILENCE*

It was supposed to be 2 minutes of silence, not 24 =)

I'm not feeling very positive today, mate. I'm considering quitting my job. Even if I don't have another in sight.

I'm seriously tired lately and I seem not to be able to do a single thing once I'm back home.

Other than that I have a few days off schedule, which I plan to use to travel to Israel and if money, time and VISA allows, Egypt.

I could also just hop on a train and go south to wales or north to scotland...

your not the only one.

i've sent a email on, to my manager this mornin saying that i'm considering going home.

copy of email:

Hello,

I might aswell go home.

Alex has decided that I should help janet cover herts shifts…so I’ve been given 3 shifts. Calling staff the herts admins haven’t even bothered to contact this week so far.

Janets sat there doing next to nothing.

And alex has decided to take charge of Bedfordshire.

It all makes no sense at all and its dead across here anyway

just cba to be here.

Don't worry mate. A few of us are feeling it, including myself. Winter is upon us, the light of day draws shorter, it's windier, wet and Christmas is just round the corner. No matter where you work, when the year draws to an end, stress is not far behind. I find it painfull to come into work at the moment. All I think about is opening my own business. Only reason I haven't is because I haven't had the perfect idea yet. Things will work out mate. Besides, the last thing you need right now is to be out of a job. Look for a job sure, just don't quit without an exit plan.
That's what I advise anyway.
:p

edit: Sorry Tach, ghosted your post.^^

its alright.

Just sent another email. this time onto my team leader.

Got a reply.... i have a feeling i'm goin to turn nasty in this convo. its just bound to happen.

hey black.

@Voddas / Tachi - I know that. I'm not even looking for a job. Even though I hate the job, I'm sure many others would love it. I might start looking for one soon-ish. Then there is bonuses and everything else and when I realize, another year is gone.

Starting your own business sounds very tempting to me. I've considered a couple things I could try, it's just that first of all, I need money for stock, even if I wanted to start an online business on my *spare* time.

Yeah, starting your own business is no easy task. That's my eventual dream though. Not only being my own boss, but being successfull from it. My Grandad and Dad have had their own business. Dad still has his like. My Grandad dealed in Chemicals and my Dad in Nursing Homes.... nothing closely linked obviously. I think my choice would be just as random.

Stick with your current jobs until I'm in a position to hire guys...

I'm giving serious thought to changing the direction of my business a little (though probably not until after Christmas now) and moving an online side more in the direction of shall we say, a particular kind of book members of this site would likely appreciate. ;)

Back