The General Conversation Area

I was going to buy Eagle eye/ the newish Greenday CD for £5, someone I know said that Greenday have been producing generc music that their label feeds them, and on the other hand, watching a film once on my Xbox would be a waste of time (ps I hardly listen to music except my brother when he has his laptop on, annoying when watching stuff, good when playing GunZ etc)...

So I invested in my future, a Chicken wrap taster from McDonalds with a medium coke, 10p up from a small, syrup+ soda water + ice taste nothing like canned/bottled coke, and I still had over £5 after I went home, how did this work out? :p

And does anyone know why Manga is £5-£8? I got a 10/20% discount weird card thing form WHSmith, but £4/£5 seems alot for 10 mins of reading.

Today we had a lecture by a visiting professor of biorobotics. As it happens, current research involves both snake-like and worm-like designs for modular robots. Designs like these allow them to crawl, you see.

Jonny said:
And does anyone know why Manga is £5-£8? I got a 10/20% discount weird card thing form WHSmith, but £4/£5 seems alot for 10 mins of reading.

10 minutes reading? how much do you take in when you read it then? And i don't just mean dialog.

In regards to prices, when you buy in store, yeah it can be fairly pricey. I mean, be thankful you don't buy Berserk or any/many dark horse titles as they tend to go for about £10-£12 in store for the latest volumes. Online is probably your best bet for buying manga, as you can generally find very good deals on it. You should check out "Sales" topic in the Anime Discussion section, there is often a ton of deals there worth looking into at affordable prices.

Even just reading the dialogue would take longer than that. A two-hundred page manga over ten minutes would be 600 / 200 (seconds / pages) which would average three seconds to read one page.

Jonny, your surname wouldn't be Five by any chance, would it?

Jonny said:
Fool! you don't speed read manga or comics! you have to enjoy the drawing after all or else you should just by regular novels.

ayase said:
Even just reading the dialogue would take longer than that. A two-hundred page manga over ten minutes would be 600 / 200 (seconds / pages) which would average three seconds to read one page.

Jonny, your surname wouldn't be Five by any chance, would it?
I'm not sure he is old enough to get this reference =)

Hey Spyro.

I'm fine, just making things clear for those who looked at the poll i made with quizical eyes.

Watched the 2 discs of BBB lastnight, i enjoyed it :)

I'm assuming Spyro will now be in a Presentation now but as for Tachi... yo.

Get up to anything intresting last night? I had some horrible pictures taken for the paper in the studio. For some reason I'm a class A smiler normally, but when your put in that situation and someones telling you to smile all the time... I end up with a face like a man with a wooden spoon inserted in his rear passage? (sorry for the image)

Not looking forward to seeing them printed especially as I didn't get to see them. TT_TT

Anyway, besdides that I'm well. :p Watched 4 more episodes of Soul Eater last night. ^^

Morning guys :)

Seems my next door neighbour has developed her music taste more, aside from the usual Dolly Parton and Enimem i heard Good Chalotte's "Life Styles of the Rich and the Famous" sigh what i wouldn't do for sound proofing.

Anyone else ere got a full house yet in the contest :p

Not I Black. There are four that I'm finding impossible. I've given up as someone must have all the names by now. If I can do as well as I did then the likes of Jester/ayase/Aion (to name a few) must have done better. I love my anime but my memory is cr@p at the best of times.

Morning by the way mate.

Yeah i watched BBB lastnight, got through 8 eps :) (rewatched the 1st one again because i wanted to get a proper feel for it, rather than starting off on the online ep i saw)

Well, Tonight i'm off to the pub with Hazel and Sam. Kayls is off swimming. So yeah, already looking forward to heading off tonight. Get to sit down in the comfy leather sofa's in the moat house and have a few drinks as we talk.

Any plans tonight mate?

(the news paper sounded fun :p don't worry if it turns out being a weird pic....atleast its not a video of you on a programme wearing a ridiculous shirt lol)

Oh god i read my post again -_- i didn't see that i added a northern 'ere' to it.

I Know that Mutsumi and Mono have full houses as do i so its going to be a tight race (assuming that they are all correct that is)

Hows things? I just took a look in that new politics thread, its quite dark now...

Back