The General Conversation Area

My DVD collection is the same Mutsumi (Godzilla vs King Kong anyone?) with contests though i don't care too much since its free :D that's why i entered most of the Death Note ones, and people know how i feel about that series

plus you were complaining about people not being on chat yet i go on there and you don't speak to me :p

Look *points at his MAL account* look....a blog, Take a ganders :p

i have a pic of my anime...give me a min an i'll post is up.....oh btw....not all of the collection you'l see is anime.

lol why because there was a manga based on the third? it never got finished :p

shush black. or i shall be forced to get mono to curse you :p

oh....WRT my anime....this isn't all of it. there's trigun discs out of the shot and a fair few others like perfect blue, Requiem into the darkness, the darkness boxset and appleseed, princess mononoke, count of cagliostro, the final fantasy films, Cowboy bebop film. the Burst angel dvds that don't appear in that collection. basically it continues...i have alot which i just haven't got enough space to put it all into my storage so its sitting in different places around my room.

the darkness boxset :lol:

that collection needs some gundam, i recommend the Gundam 00 part 1 set stat, watch it and then come and see me in the morning where we will see if we can follow up with more mecha

and DMC 3 animamated would blow the normal dmc anime out of the water :p the unfinished manga doesn't factor into it, i'm still not convinced that it was supposed to go on longer.

lol nooo I don't really watch mecha anymore. i used to dabble in the transformers anime (the normal one and the animal one) including a few films....but were talking the Old old one. i used to watch it early 90's and strangely enough still remember it. but anyway....i don't really watch it anymore. the furthest i'm going right now is burst angel. but thats much more than a couple of mecha fighting. there's so much more to it and the stories are great. the fighting with Jango (the mecha) comes into play only when the brown stuff really hits the fan :)

(either way....DMC is amazing)

If your interested. the DMC R2 complete series comes out on the 19th of October. i'm still debating whether or not to preorder it....as i tend to watch dubbed rather than subbed anime. and there's no Dub to the R2 release.

when you say transformers anime which one do you mean? are you talking about the 1987-89 Transfomers series (Headmasters-Masterforce-Victory) or the more recent "unicron trilogy" (Armada-Energon-Cybertron, jap names being Mincron Legend-SuperLink-Galaxy Force) :p

Let me google search them and i'll be able to tell you.

a quick result pulls me to think the 1987-1989 series.
which was still airing on tv into the mid 90's. as the others are too recent.

I remember optimus prime and the others fighting in space plenty of times.

But its deffo not the most recent ones.

transformers-Optimuscybertron_1183164756.jpg

That looks to be season 2 of the oringal cartoon, possibly the Generation 2 rebranding. We never actually had the 1987-89 series over here till a couple of years ago when Metronome released them in sets, i got the big £50 set which had all three shows in with over 100 eps was well worth it, i was pleasently surprised with Super God Masterforce was quite good

Damn! I want to join in the conversation but work is getting quite mad at times.
*looks at Tachi's pic*
Oooh! Dreamcatcher. I loved that movie. Very culty. :p

Fair enough mate :)

Well i know there's a newer one that was featured on Jetix(don't quote me on that) and that was about 5 years ago. where they used to go through these portals to different worlds. anyway. i only caught part of the series as i lost interest.

Anyway, picked up BBB. Reading one of Aions reviews on it before buying it....turns out it was sort of a puzzling anime. doesn't really give a difinitive ending to all the open parts.....Hmm....i'll watch it and see how i go. failing anything i'll just take it back and get myself a couple of hellsing ultimate dvds.

Eating my mixed meat with egg fried rice.
since saturday i've had 4 lots of chinese....lol.

Edit: lol yeah Dreamcatcher is a brilliant film, one of my favourites :)

"beware mr. gray" :p

If it was on jetix then that sounds more of Transfomers: Robots in Disguise which in japan was called Car Robots which was imported quickly after they realised how many people were unhappy with the sequel to Beast Wars, Beast Machines.

Ahh,

Well atleast i know what your on about now....and as i said, i also remember the animal one too.

Sweating like mad here. somebody has turned on the heaters and were on the 2nd floor of a 9 floor building. so they pack the heat up at the bottom so that it rises (yes....the nhs is that stingy with money.....blame the government for our lack of moneys)

What's peoples plans this afternoon?
I'm not sure if i should meet up with kayls or not. or just veg and watch tv.

Ah, nostalgic pic there. I loved Transformers as a kid - don't know if I'd feel the same about it now... haven't seen it for years.

Actually Tachi's collection pic has given me an idea... We have anime & manga collection pics, how about a random thread for 'media collection' pics (a better name can probably be thought up) of all our DVDs, books and games? We could see what things we had in common that we might not have talked about before. Might make for some interesting discussion. :)

Sounds good to me Ayase. but let me get this right. its just anime/j game/ manga. not misc like i have in my pic?

If so thats cool with me, i've recently sorted out all my manga onto my manga shelf :p

Nah, my idea is for pictures of everything Tach - there's a thread buried somewhere in general anime / manga for pics of just your anime / manga collections. Just thought it might uncover some new subject matter to talk about, we might find we like some of the same films / authors as well as sharing an interest in manga and anime.

Ahh, well in that case i may take a while as i have a couple of hundred dvds haha.

If it was just anime i'd take about 2 mins (curse my small pile of anime compared to the rest of you)

Back