The General Conversation Area

Ah, cool. I'll probably see you on LBP one night soon then Tach. Can't do tonight now though, work related... er, work to do. ;)

Anyone else find it sinister how creamy powdered milk is called coffee whitener? Not creamer or powdered cream, but whitener. There's something not right about that... >_>

Ah but that was blood brother part 1 of S1.

Ahh but that’s not cheaper that’s £7.49. for part 1 of series 1.

Now the one in Hmv is Series 1 and 2 (if its anything like naruto then the series is a 2 parter. And each part is about 4eps.) with that in mind the price if I ordered everything on send it would be 7.00 x 4 + 2.00 = 30. now that’s £30 on something I could buy for £20 at Hmv, and that’s not counting the on cost of the post. Plus the waiting time….it’s not worth it mate :p

So overall...buying it is cheaper...and whats the comp for? DMC? or BBB?

I can't access the comps at work :(

In the compo, how do you decide who gets the blu-ray & who gets the dvd? I'm gagging for the blu-ray but doubt I am the first with a full house, & what if those who got in before me don't have a blu-ray player? Winning the blu-ray would be no use to them, so should we specify if we have a blu-ray player in our entry, or is it blu-ray to the first three, & dvd to the second three?

Good morning everyone :)

Mutsumi! where did you run off to last night i was ready to make a trade :p

wait...tach did you just say you liked the DMC anime?

*hangs head in shame*

I'm still hoping for a more faithful adaption then that series. Although while on the subject...DMC 3 + 4 Dante > all others (including Nero :p)

BlackWolf said:
Good morning everyone :)

Mutsumi! where did you run off to last night i was ready to make a trade :p

*hangs head in shame*

I'm still hoping for a more faithful adaption then that series. Although while on the subject...DMC 3 + 4 Dante > all others (including Nero :p)

My internet crapped out. ;_; I was gutted, I wanted to trade too. I had no idea how long it would be down for, but after 30mins & a quiet phonecall to BT (quiet because my wife was sleeping in the next room XD) I decided to leave it til the morning.

I have a full house now though. :D If you want to check any of your answers, I can do that for you, because I've researched all of mine to confirm them. :D Also, because you were gonna trade with me (which I really appreciate btw thanks :) ) I'll give you two freebies. Choose them wisely, but you can choose any two you like. ^_^

Really? thanks :D I'll have a look through the list to try and get the ones i know would of been a bugger otherwise, only missing 10 of them. I did much better then i first thought i was going to do

*SHOCKED FACE*

No black, you've got it all wrong....Now the first Dante was the best, he was mature enough but not too mature *looks at the second game with a disgraced face* In the 3rd one we was Too immature, and not as laid back....a young and energetic cocky dante...now for the timeframe and the game it suites him well. but for the anime where he's (from what i can gather) based on the first games Dante....he's a much better character.

In the fourth he's inbetween the 3rd and the 1st so for the game, it works well.....for the anime however....he is still too immature. not as laid back yet.

I still have a bad throat though it's slowly getting better and today I feel really queasy so I phoned the college up this morning to tell them I'm ill.
I just hope my teacher doesn't mind me handing my coursework a day late :p

How about you?

and hiya Ayase and Tachi :D

i'm sure if you explain it to them mono they'll be okay with it :) and i'm glad you are feeling better

@Tach actually you have it wrong there, the fourth game is set after 1 and before 2 although someone has told me that number 4 is actually set after 2 as well (or maybe is pretending 2 doesn't exist which is fair enough really after playing it i take that approach as well)

thus DMC 4 Dante is the improved form of DMC 1 Dante since everyone loved DMC 3 Dante which they did, now to leave this matter alone since someone may think i'm talking about Detroit Metal City again :p

Tachi- said:
Ah but that was blood brother part 1 of S1.

Ahh but that’s not cheaper that’s £7.49. for part 1 of series 1.

Now the one in Hmv is Series 1 and 2 (if its anything like naruto then the series is a 2 parter. And each part is about 4eps.) with that in mind the price if I ordered everything on send it would be 7.00 x 4 + 2.00 = 30. now that’s £30 on something I could buy for £20 at Hmv, and that’s not counting the on cost of the post. Plus the waiting time….it’s not worth it mate :p

So overall...buying it is cheaper...and whats the comp for? DMC? or BBB?

I can't access the comps at work :(
There is only one series of BBB, Tachi, so I still think HMV is more expensive and I believe they mislabbeled it.

The competition is for DMC - check the "A month of awesomeness thread" there are some details there.

Mutsumi said:
In the compo, how do you decide who gets the blu-ray & who gets the dvd? I'm gagging for the blu-ray but doubt I am the first with a full house, & what if those who got in before me don't have a blu-ray player? Winning the blu-ray would be no use to them, so should we specify if we have a blu-ray player in our entry, or is it blu-ray to the first three, & dvd to the second three?
Whoever whoever gets more, gets to choose first, if case of a tie, whoever posted first. I reckon most people are after the Blurays so far, so it should not be a problem. If the DVD's went out first, it could be a problem as not everyone has a Bluray player yet.

BlackWolf said:
I watched the DMC anime and though it was ok. could be a lot better though.

Good afternoon all!!! I was here already like, you just didn't see me.
*gestures to a curtain of which he was stood behind* :p

Anyway, just so you know, it appears a new contract has just come into my work so I'll be thin on the ground this afternoon... and probably for the rest of the week too. Oh, the joys of earning monies.

To be honest, I don't care if an anime (in this case Devil May Cry) gets a mediocre review or is considered to be 'not that great' compared to other anime, because I'll enjoy it whatever happens. My DVD & Blu-ray collection contains some things others would consider to be real howlers, but I like 'em. :D

Anyone here seen 'Dragon Wars'? I liked it, but my best friend hated it. XD He had to sit through it though because it was my birthday.

I refuse to believe that the Dante in DMC 4 is based after the DMC 1 Dante. but yeah if we ignore the existence of the second game it would make more sense.

regardless. the order is 3, 1, 4, 2. as Dante in the second one is locked in hell with his powers locked in the human world. so yeah...in the end he's in hell and can't get out.

Back