The General Conversation Area

Yeah i've got unlimited txts too mate. And tbh its all good now, feel free to txt anytime. as for calls though....thats a slightly different matter :/

well i'm off peoples, going to head home and get a few beers in, settle down to a film or two and play midnight club LA (decided to pick it back up, haven't raced in ages so it's been good to get back in the racing seat and especially as i have a black chevvy thats a beast on the roads :p moves bloody mountains....of traffic :p )

Today I was handed 500ml of energy drink for free. The effects of consuming it are worth describing in some detail. For roughly 40 minutes, one is in a euphoric, self-satisfied and indefatigable state. These effects gradually wear off however, leaving one in the midst of whatsoever it was which one was previously engaging in with zeal. Business then continues as usual.

ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
Ayase said:
Hey Spyro. Good to see ya around.

Yeah man :) Ya' should definitely send an email sometime ;)
...have I forgotten to reply to an e-mail? :eek:

:lol: No. I just mean you can send me an e-mail for no reason. I reply pretty quickly to e-mail.

Voddas said:
It does sound cool like. Hard work too. My best friend is a fully fledged Barister and he ended up being at Uni for 5 years! It's a longer road than some but the pay off is definately worth it.

Money, money,money moooney! MOney!

I dont wanna become a Barrister for cash though ;) I just have a strong sense of Justice. I quite like the idea of working for the CPS but you get worse training lol.

But yeah, the work is great fun but... very very grim. Having to read details of sex offenses etc. is pretty grim. It's definately a Post-16 subject.

In Law and Morality we done a case study on a Homosexual couple who'd recorded themselves having kinky intercourse using heated tacks, barbed wire, stinging nettles and sand paper "among other things". The video got leaked accidentally and they got prosecuted though. It was in Morality though because it's the argument of "What happens behind closed doors between couples is of no business to the Government". Since it was recorded on Video and leaked though, they deemed it to be Corrupting Public Morals if I recall correctly.

I wouldn't wanna teach that to under-16 year olds :lol:

Tachi: I'll text ya some point very soon then! ;) :p

Ah, okay then. Will do, I just never know what to write about... my life's not that interesting. :p

I can't believe corrupting public morality is still law... See if you can research The Obscene Publications Act and get hold of a seized copy of Lord Horror for me, would ya? It's too expensive for me to buy and I don't want the damn audiobook.

Zin5ki said:
Today I was handed 500ml of energy drink for free. The effects of consuming it are worth describing in some detail. For roughly 40 minutes, one is in a euphoric, self-satisfied and indefatigable state. These effects gradually wear off however, leaving one in the midst of whatsoever it was which one was previously engaging in with zeal. Business then continues as usual.

Tis a shame, since that never seems to be the affect for me anymore. It's like a normal drink for me now, all forms of caffiene are the same..bar coffee..mainly cause i don't drink it so don't know what it'll be like.

Here's something I don't understand.
Houndstooth. All the ladies seem to be wearing this pattern, oblivious to the lack of resemblance it bears to the connotations of its name.

ayase said:
Ah, okay then. Will do, I just never know what to write about... my life's not that interesting. :p

I can't believe corrupting public morality is still law... See if you can research The Obscene Publications Act and get hold of a seized copy of Lord Horror for me, would ya? It's too expensive for me to buy and I don't want the damn audiobook.

I'm happy to do so but, first, maybe, PM me regarding what Lord Horror is, just, I don't want my Law teacher freaking out when I ask her ;)

I'll see if I get get some info on that Act though. You want me to pass the info onto you or is it a "Hey Spyro, learn this, you'll look badass" :lol:

Just PM me what you want and il see what I can do. No promises mind- the textbook i've ordered for my Law and Business Studies still hasn't arrived...

I'll be happy to try and help though :)

Oh and, today, i'm wearing my new KFC Tee for the first time 8)

KFC Tee? Either you work for them or I'm just confused... :?

Anywho, morning all! I watched the first two episodes of Flash Forward last night and I loved it! Can't wait till I have another two to watch. XD

How is all? (for people here now and/or later) ^^

Ahh...excellent ¬_¬ i remembered my ipod today (forgot it yesterday) but my fone is ligged in bed! either my fone is extremely lucky....or i'm jus not too lucky today lol.

i hope i don't get a flurry of txts and calls like usual ¬_¬

Anyway....i had an excellent night lastnight. watching anime and i've decided a fair few things.

1. I NEED MORE BURST ANGEL. i watched 2 more eps (however these where online) the temptation was just too much. so i'm ordering them online today (payday tomorrow :D)

2. I need to buy the DMC boxset soon. preferrably R2 for the Dub, however i did watch the sub lastnight....either way, i thoroughly enjoyed it the story was great for an opening to the anime twists, fighting and portrays Dante exactly how he should be portraid (Not the 2nd or third game....but the first)

3. I'm buying black blood brothers at lunch today, that first ep was pretty cool, the clips on the official website also helped me confirm that i need it.

So it looks like i'll be searching for anime and buying these three anime pretty damn soon :D

oh btw. my latest blog is up, regarding the weekend. its a pretty relaxed one but has various moods to it depending on time of day and the like. check it out on MAL bitte (thanks)

Spyro201 said:
ayase said:
I'm happy to do so but, first, maybe, PM me regarding what Lord Horror is, just, I don't want my Law teacher freaking out when I ask her ;)

I'll see if I get get some info on that Act though. You want me to pass the info onto you or is it a "Hey Spyro, learn this, you'll look badass" :lol:
I might as well post it here, other people might be interested to learn that a book was banned as obscene in the UK as recently as 1991. The best information on Lord Horror can be found here, on the page for the Czech edition of the book. Information regarding to it's banning can be found here. I don't know any more than that, I haven't been able to read it. But it sounds fascinating. Potentially hideous, but fascinating. I stumbled across it by accident when reading some old articles by Michael Moorcock.

I doubt you'd be able to get hold of a copy though - the few that made it onto the market (150?) now go for in excess of £500. What with the very suspect police involvement I'm sure it would make a very interesting case study for law though, if nothing else. ;)

Morning Tachi *yaawn*. Over the past hour I've got all tired like.

Sounds like your having a good anime burn at the moment mate. ^__^

I had a chilled night with Flash Forward with Sarah. Then we wacthed IT Crowd in bed till she fell asleep, and then I watched a few more episodes of Soul Eater. It's growing on me.
:p

edit: Morning Ayase. *lifts hand up in a "yo" fashion*

DAMN YOU AYASEEEEEE

¬_¬

i do have a post on the previous page...

Ahh, sounds good Voddas :) i've only seen the first ep of flash forward, its got characters from LOST. so i'm going to watch it.....but i'm waiting a while till i have enough backlogged eps to sit and marathon it.

Tachi- said:
2. I need to buy the DMC boxset soon. preferrably R2 for the Dub, however i did watch the sub lastnight....either way, i thoroughly enjoyed it the story was great for an opening to the anime twists, fighting and portrays Dante exactly how he should be portraid (Not the 2nd or third game....but the first)

3. I'm buying black blood brothers at lunch today, that first ep was pretty cool, the clips on the official website also helped me confirm that i need it.
Have you seen our competition? there's still time to enter it...

Also, voddas found black blood brothers for under a tenner the other day...

Back