The General Conversation Area

Ahh, thats why i couldn't see it....it's blocked at work :(

I'll have a look when i get in tonight, the expo tickets are appealing.

(really need to sort out going...) erm chaos....you free this weekend?

Tachi- said:
Ahh, thats why i couldn't see it....it's blocked at work :(

I'll have a look when i get in tonight, the expo tickets are appealing.

(really need to sort out going...) erm chaos....you free this weekend?
Yeah, I've got no plans yet, but I'll probably just lie down and rest. I'm still with this damned cold and I really regret coming to the office.

At least, with my boss seeing the state I'm in, he won't say a thing about the three days I've missed last week. I might try to convince him to let me work from home the rest of the week.

Alright mate, sweat it out. before going to bed, put some lemonade in a cup, microwave it for about a minute and then drink it whilst its hot. if your throat is really hurting you then add abit of whisky or brandy (has the same affect) and you'll sweat likea pig all night. yet by morning you'll be fine. guarenteed to kill colds.

Tachi- said:
Alright mate, sweat it out. before going to bed, put some lemonade in a cup, microwave it for about a minute and then drink it whilst its hot. if your throat is really hurting you then add abit of whisky or brandy (has the same affect) and you'll sweat likea pig all night. yet by morning you'll be fine. guarenteed to kill colds.
I have a similar, yet a bit more powerfull recipe. I make lemon and garlic tea - peel a lemon, add a large sliced clove of garlic, one cup of water. Boil it together, then add honey until it's drinkable.
It makes you want to throw up, but it seriously effective.

erm...isn't the point to make yourself sweat it out....not throw up? lol.

Whatever floats your boat mate. the hot lemonade is called a hot toddy btw.

Wish there was a quick fix for random abnormalities to the skin.... I was lazy last week, decided to have a dry shave....(i was watching tv and couldn't be bothered to go into the bathroom and sort it properly) so anyway....i'm shaving....and as the razor isn't being used with clean water (as it would normally in a normal shave) i wasn't really paying attention to it. and thus when you shave you actually take off 1 layer of skin with it all....erm...and it gave me 2 spots :(

So thier nothing major....but its bugging me now....because i now need to shave again because the whole 5pm look at 12:40 on a monday morning isn't really that becoming. so after shaving last week and getting a couple of spots....i now have to shave again anyway. i can't win ¬_¬

might aswell do it properly tonight though.

their worth a go. but make sure you get a proper one, not a cheapy wilkinson (the shop) £7 one. as my friend uses them all the sime and says that the cheap ones hurt, making your face feel like its burning.

can't beat a good old razor though.
personally i use the Gillete Fusion.

the extra blade on the end is excellent for shaving the top lip.

Sounds good Mono :)
I'm eating a jacket potato, with chilli con carne and coleslaw :p

I've finally found something lovely to eat and isn't full of rubbish....or in mcD's case, cardboard :lol:

MONONOKE said:
I'm currently eating some nice hot soup to help my bad cold go away soon
Geez, i guess everybody has a cold lately :S

Get well soon!

Tachi - Gillete fusion is the best. I've bought a wilkinson sword the other day and it lasted three shavingns :S

lol thats terrible.

I've used Wilkinson sword Quattro's inthe past. wires keeping the blades in, which would break very quickly. terrible feel and TBH it's only better than a BIC :p

Bloody hells, Tachi. You bring up some interesting things to talk about, and then you make a thread about it! Too much time on you! ;)

Just teasing ya mate, since I went all desciptive on my habits too.
How's everyone? I just make an order for some clay to be delivered here. I'm glad I asked for cheap clay, 'cuz the delivery and VAT itself more than matched the actual cost of the clay! *Faints*

lmao

Its more like...i'm bored in work and given the choice i'd rather talk about randomness than acknowledge that i'm actually in work right now.

What you making with clay? or just feel like going back to childhood memories of making clay monsters :p

Back