The General Conversation Area

Couldn't find a general bargains topic and so this seemed like the best place to post this...
I think this may be a pricing mistake by Amazon, they're selling 6x Cadbury heroes advent calendars for £6. There's also a by 4 and save a further 5%.

That one looks odd as it says 6 x but then the total package weight seems to suggest it's only 1.

You'd probably have grounds to moan at Amazon if only 1 showed up though, so could be a good risk to take as it could be 6 of them that you get! :)

sigh ..I'm with HSBC and the banking app is down. I've been thinking of moving banks and might actually do it now.

I moved from HSBC to Nationwide recently, £200 cashback as well if you move over the stuff that fits the criteria.

They have a Flex regular saver which is currently 8% as well, but limited to £200 paid in PCM. Beats just about every other savings rate out there though for the money.

Edit - MSE article about it: Best bank accounts

While lurking on the forum earlier I noticed that today is the one year anniversary of when I joined 🥳

As someone who was completely new to actually posting on forums as opposed to lurking prior to this day one year ago, it's been genuinely fun to do so and hopefully I've managed to fit in despite some of my posts, mainly reviews, being almost as big as a later One Piece arc lol.

The barely usable God Awful new colour scheme for Google maps has sadly infested the app on my tablet even with auto updates disappeared :(

It's just crap full stop.

I hadn’t bought a new paperback book for quite some time, but recently I’ve been on a bit of a reading kick so I went for a good browse in some bookshops today.

What the hell has happened to the print quality of new paperbacks? Half of them look like they’ve been shat out of a cheap 1980s laser printer, the text is grey and blurred and publishers have the gall to charge £8-£10 for this sh*te? You’re actually better off getting old copies from charity shops for a couple of quid, at least the print on those doesn’t make you wonder if you need glasses even when it’s in focus.

Transformers one will have Hemsworth as Optimus prime are they insane he will just sound like himself.i just found out about this and Cullen will always be Optimus prime to me.

I hadn’t bought a new paperback book for quite some time, but recently I’ve been on a bit of a reading kick so I went for a good browse in some bookshops today.

What the hell has happened to the print quality of new paperbacks? Half of them look like they’ve been shat out of a cheap 1980s laser printer, the text is grey and blurred and publishers have the gall to charge £8-£10 for this sh*te? You’re actually better off getting old copies from charity shops for a couple of quid, at least the print on those doesn’t make you wonder if you need glasses even when it’s in focus.
Probably the publisher trying to save costs and push customers towards the 'higher quality' eBooks market. I can't remember the last time I purchased a new book, last couple have been 2nd hand from charity shops (as "that sounds interesting" or borrowed from the local library

I made the epic mistake of buying a figure from a website I hadn't bought from for a while (Rawckz) without bothering to look for any recent reviews.

I saw they hadn't updated any of their social media since 2019, but they've been at conventions in 2023 (and they've got products from 2022 shows on their site), so I figured they just didn't do social media anymore.

Weeks later and I've got no figure (it's supposedly in stock!) and no reply when I contacted them. It seems like this is a common experience with them nowadays - their Trustpilot reviews are awful.

Now I'm waiting for Mr Paypal to conduct a full and indepth investigation so I can get my £20 back!

I made the epic mistake of buying a figure from a website I hadn't bought from for a while (Rawckz) without bothering to look for any recent reviews.

I saw they hadn't updated any of their social media since 2019, but they've been at conventions in 2023 (and they've got products from 2022 shows on their site), so I figured they just didn't do social media anymore.

Weeks later and I've got no figure (it's supposedly in stock!) and no reply when I contacted them. It seems like this is a common experience with them nowadays - their Trustpilot reviews are awful.

Now I'm waiting for Mr Paypal to conduct a full and indepth investigation so I can get my £20 back!
It's an indictment of the sorry state of anime merch that, when you mentioned a figure, I assumed the amount would be closer to £200 than £20. It's an aggravating situation no matter the price though.

I've finally had it with Evernote and jumped ship to a different note-taking app. It's been getting progressively worse for years, with increasingly frequent and aggressive pop-up ads for its bloated and overpriced premium subscriptions. This month was the last straw; they've now limited free users to a measly one notebook and 50 notes total. The frustrating thing is I would have been willing to pay a reasonable one-off price for Evernote, but like everything these days they're only interested in milking people for subscription fees. There's no way I'm paying £80 per year for a bloody notepad.

So I've switched to Joplin for now. Migrating my old notes over was a more long-winded and complex process than it should have been, but that's computing for you.

Back