The General Conversation Area

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Uh, so I think something went wrong, my job just payed me something that resembles a wage

I'm scared
At least you have a job. I've been redundant since February and while I was able to get 6 interviews (a 7th in a few days) I've just been unlucky. Granted I haven't heard back from one just yet but it's always been bad luck for me.

I want to stay in this city but the job hunt just makes me stressful and slowly miserable. It's frustrating how I lost my job when the big anime stuff was happening not long after, like MCM and Anime Ltd's Q2 titles.

Captaaainuniverse

Mad Scientist
At least you have a job. I've been redundant since February and while I was able to get 6 interviews (a 7th in a few days) I've just been unlucky. Granted I haven't heard back from one just yet but it's always been bad luck for me.

I want to stay in this city but the job hunt just makes me stressful and slowly miserable. It's frustrating how I lost my job when the big anime stuff was happening not long after, like MCM and Anime Ltd's Q2 titles.
Ah sorry tough break! If anyone does work in my town they'll often be leaving town for it. Virtually no one who works here lives here, pretty evident at my own job, I don't need to tell you about commuting then.

For some reason people can make money from YouTube and the youtubers actually care about it... anything you'd feel people would pay you for? You might have to work at it for nothing for a while first though...

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Ah sorry tough break! If anyone does work in my town they'll often be leaving town for it. Virtually no one who works here lives here, pretty evident at my own job, I don't need to tell you about commuting then.

For some reason people can make money from YouTube and the youtubers actually care about it... anything you'd feel people would pay you for? You might have to work at it for nothing for a while first though...
No apologies needed I'm just tired from everyone being able to find jobs these days. Heck every now and then I read the ResetERA thread about their job situations and it's relatable.

Amazon's program has actually done a decent job in letting me get a small amount of money last year so that I could afford a few things, like the Neptunia Vita games. I'll probably try and join its Influencer program which is an extension for social media related users.

Neil.T

Mad Scientist

D1tchd1gger

Mad Scientist
Woot Yuru Camp manga volume 6 has dispatched. Hakumei and Mikochi volume 5 dispatched yesterday and along with Satoshi Kon's Opus that should be enough to cover me for my week on holiday in Ireland. 1 week and a bit to go 😁

Last edited:

Adam-M

Thousand Master
My book group's got Opus on the list for like August or something. I've not read it yet but let me know your thoughts on it - (no spoilers) :)

Captaaainuniverse

Mad Scientist
Just thought I’d drop this here, I’ve been watching rage of bahamut’s second season - such a shame amazon rarely lets what they have go anywhere for a dub

thedoctor2016

Soul Reaper
It was weird the first half was really good then it got bad. Was too long whereas S1 was too short.
Would still buy it if Amazon ever licensed it

HWR

Shinigami
It’s in my backlog so one day I’ll get around to watching it as I’m curious to see what it’s strengths and weaknesses were.

Captaaainuniverse

Mad Scientist
Well bahamut is at its best when it sets up the large scale battles, I’m inclined to agree when the battle of the first half is over there isn’t a lot after that