The General Conversation Area

No middle name makes you Neon Phantom Forever. Appropriate? 😉
I guess it is at the moment. Anyway, here's those promised finds from the continent.

IMG_1274.JPG
These, I hope aren't worth anything because I didn't buy them. Interesting, nonetheless. Looks like an attempt by Glénat to reproduce the kind of monthly manga anthologies found in Japan, numbers 9 & 10 of a series. I mainly just liked the descriptions - LE COME BACK DU SWAT

IMG_1420.JPG
This one was a bit of a double-take moment, I didn't really expect to find anime graffiti in a rural French village. I don't know if the artist (who still seemingly signed their work) decided they didn't like the lips and tried to rub them out shortly after drawing them, or if whoever was tasked with cleaning it up just couldn't be bothered any more with trying to remove permanent marker from the rendered wall and gave up. Who knows how long that's been there.

Hardback and everything, nice. Interesting that they're using the English titles there; iirc the YUA anime aired as Equipere du Choc (sp?) in France.
Équipières de choc, yeah. Équipe de choc (shock team) is the equivalent of English "crack team" so by the non-standard use of Équipières (teammates) I can only presume there must have been some wordplay at work there, choc can also be used for "clashing/conflicting" but also "stunning" and "surprising". Any or all would work, really. I mainly know the term choc from a type of concentrated chlorine used in swimming pools, but it's probably not that.

And while Wikipedia could well be wrong, it appears as though these manga collections were in fact produced before the YUA anime was aired on French TV (with some fantastic localisation by the looks of it - Ken apparently being renamed "Tanguy" and Tokarin, much to my amusement, "Frank") so that could explain the naming differences. Or it could just be that Glénat didn't have the rights to use the names the anime translators came up with for the manga, or simply didn't want to. I can't imagine why.

Last edited:
I missed this yesterday with work stuff but I'm Vampire Sushi X and I want to watch it now :(
According to MAL Rewrite:
"Delivers dark and brooding drama with a generous serving of gourmet decadence."

One particularly positive review of the show suggests it's "something you can really get your teeth into."

Sorry, couldn't resist. 😅

I didn't really expect to find anime graffiti in a rural French village.
I can see potential as an avatar pic in that image, you know.

I’m just glad it was raining when I left for work so I had an umbrella. Last month when there were downpours it was always only after I finished work and had no brolly for protection.

That's fair enough. I'm always prepared for it here, living in the Welsh lands and all 😂

I like the sounds and smells, plus it's an excuse to get the welly-boots out 😊👍

It'll make the transition to Scottish life easier, anyway 🤣👍

Back