The General Conversation Area

@D1tchd1gger: Welcome back, dude. How was your trip?
I had a good time thanks. The weather mainly played ball and the scenery was very nice. It was a peninsula in the South-West of Ireland and thus fairly blustery and changeable. The scenery was a bit of a mixture of various places I've been to in Britain: Snowdonia/Highlands for the high parts (although not as high as either), the water/cliffs, etc of The Lakes/Cornwall and the archaeology was also a mixture although I didn't get to see as much as I could as my travelling companions weren't really interested.

Is there a thread for Gunpla shenanigans? Should I start one? 😊

Yesterday afternoon and this morning, have done the weapons yet.

View attachment 8806
Yeah you should! I’ll post some of mine. I’m just waiting on the pens to arrive and I’m gonna spruce some of my older ones up before I start building again.
Your panel lines look great as well. I’m kind of nervous to try it on mine because I am a perfectionist when it comes to these things but I gotta give it a go eventually.

Yeah you should! I’ll post some of mine. I’m just waiting on the pens to arrive and I’m gonna spruce some of my older ones up before I start building again.
Your panel lines look great as well. I’m kind of nervous to try it on mine because I am a perfectionist when it comes to these things but I gotta give it a go eventually.
Thanks. Have a go at panel lining, any mistakes are easy to get rid of with a bit of thinner on a cotton bud or a plastic eraser. This should be discussed in a dedicated thread 😄

Edit: started one here. (very much work in progress).

You need a change of avatar methinks
tumblr_no9kb6GtAb1skdbiao3_1280.png
Get the sprog to watch it and draw one for you :)

Hi all, long time no speak.

How was everyones weekend?

Mine went far too quick! Saw a comedian called Daniel Sloss on the Saturday, saw John Wick 2 weekend before but otherwise it's been a really difficult 2 months and counting for me. Trying to keep occupied with Overwatch and anime now. Work's boring (hence on here) so also trying to find time killers so my days don't drag with my thoughts.

trying to find time killers so my days don't drag with my thoughts.

aren't we all? welcome back btw!

due to some cover work like half my weekend has been spent asleep, spent all last night watching kokkoku
no real plans once more, dreading the upcoming nightshifts since I know it's going to be bright as the very sun itself in the day (when I'll be trying to sleep) and one of the neighbours just leaves some dog out all day
haven't really got much to look forward to this month

Been listening to Lofi at work to just try and keep my thoughts at bay atm.

Night shifts dont sound great. Hopefully you can acclimatise to them sorta thing.

Black Mirrors out Wed so that my plans for after work then and I'm off on Friday for a day drinking on a canal boat. Proper weekend plans are TBC. Depends on the fella i'm seeing who is also the main cause of my 2 months and counting undoing.

I'm also 31 now since I was last here. Huzzah! lol.

Hey Adam, god knows where I've been hiding tbh. I think being around here would of aided preoccupying me whilst I have been miserable as f*ck in work lol.

Loved seeing him back on Sat and yeah it was his Netflix shows that made me book to see him :)

Hi all, long time no speak.

How was everyones weekend?

Mine went far too quick! Saw a comedian called Daniel Sloss on the Saturday, saw John Wick 2 weekend before but otherwise it's been a really difficult 2 months and counting for me. Trying to keep occupied with Overwatch and anime now. Work's boring (hence on here) so also trying to find time killers so my days don't drag with my thoughts.

Great... also felt like it went too quick as well! Doing programming and playing The Sims 4 on Saturday. Sunday... relaxing, walking around the coastal path and having chunky chips out in the restaurant/bar by the harbour. 😋

/umiko

Umiko, do you mind me asking where you live please? - A place by the harbour sounds so lovely! I love water, I'm a thalassophile :)

30's are the new 20's so you're only in your 30's Adam, hush ;) :p

Thanks Incendiary :) I've only been seasick once on a Ferry to France so hopefully I'll be reet. I'm not driving the boat so I can drink, feed the passengers and try and get a drinking game going on lol. It's raining so I can't pretend to be a pirate.

I went to Croatia almost a month ago now. I love it there. Was 30 mins from Pula and about a 20 min walk from Medulin Campsite which is BEAUTIFUL.

Here's a selfie in a bar and restaurant called Jupiter in Pula. Best pizza ever and 8 pints and 2 pizzas came all in to under £30!!!

Attachments

• me.jpeg
    me.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 9
Despite being a captain, I have not been near the sea in ages, I live by mountains
That bar sounds nice though - round of pints or round of pizzas? That shall be a question that haunts mankind for ages... up there with the meaning of life of course

I'm so glad it's only the 2 pizzas you'd have issue with as a solo participant Patient X ;) :p

Yeah was between 2 of us hehe. It was sad to find out whats crazy cheap for us there, isn't for them there. It's like London costs like :(

Back