The General Conversation Area

I was a proper red head when I was really young, then in my teens it went more of a brown. Now of course it's mostly grey with some white highlights. Suppose I should be grateful I've still got most my hair 👴
Heh, I’ll probably go the other way judging by what happened with grandparents and what’s already started. *cries* it’ll fall out before it loses its colour. Just like my grandad, I’m a redhead and just like him again by around 20 it started receeding.

my family, at least from my late mother, has the blonde curse (I think I've said before) born Arian (brightish blue eyes and blonde hair) but when she was like 12 her hair faded, my hair faded around the same age and we're crossing our fingers my little nephew's doesn't fade. I think it would have been good to keep the brighter blonde locks.
So what colour is your hair currently?

I hated my red hair colour as a kid and used to get so much stick for it. Luckily by the time I started secondary school I was quite a bit bigger than most in my year so if anyone made and ginger comments they regretted it.
Another little known fact about red heads is that having tattoos is more painful due apparently to having one less layer of skin, at least that's what a tattooist told me once. Can't say as it bothered me whenever I've been tattooed.

I hated my red hair colour as a kid and used to get so much stick for it. Luckily by the time I started secondary school I was quite a bit bigger than most in my year so if anyone made and ginger comments they regretted it.
Another little known fact about red heads is that having tattoos is more painful due apparently to having one less layer of skin, at least that's what a tattooist told me once. Can't say as it bothered me whenever I've been tattooed.
I’m the opposite, I loved it. It was a great colour. People *ahem* learned not to make negative remarks about it. The sheer amount of compliments though, that was unreal.

I’m the opposite, I loved it. It was a great colour. People *ahem* learned not to make negative remarks about it. The sheer amount of compliments though, that was unreal.
I used to have compliments about my hair colour, but it was always from 60 year old women. "Ooh, hasn't he lovely hair...let me touch it" 😬

I used to have compliments about my hair colour, but it was always from 60 year old women. "Ooh, hasn't he lovely hair...let me touch it" 😬
Oh yeah most of my compliments, well almost all, came from women although admittedly they generally weren’t 60+. Not to say they didn’t like it, just as a kid I didn’t generally hang around folks of such a different age group.

Slightly, really small stuff miffed at AL right now. Collectors box for KLK, should have noticed ages ago, first disc has 1-5 printed on it, second disc has 6-9. Second disc has episode 5! Meh I don't think it's worth the defective discs thread, the discs pretty much work perfect

When the hay fever kicks in really badly this morning and it's roughly the same time as last year it did this you know the end of summer is on the way. :(

/umiko

My hair was a light brown growing up. I only ever semi permanent dye it. It's darker than it was now.

I notice 3 stray gray hairs every blue moon. One makes an appearance in my fringe sometimes lol.

Manchester MCM was decent enough. I went to the Twisted Toonz panel which was amazing. Didn't get to meet any guests as the queue was stupid. Had a migraine from Friday - Monday and still the odd head pain now.

Been exercising at bloody 8.30 right before bed since Sunday as things just keep titting up my day that I haven't been able to at/around 6.30 haha.

How are we all?

Works been manic and its been the first time in months that I'm in the headspace of hating my job right now.

I'm currently working on my review to send as part of my application to be a reviewer on AUKN. Been quite fun so far, though I'm always trying to find new ways and words to use in order to get my points across.
I always think I would need a thesaurus if I tried to write a review as I tend to use the same words to describe what I feel about stuff.
Also watching some of the AniTuber reviews it seems having a critical eye can destroy your enjoyment of things. Picking out stupid little things to criticise shows, where as I can just switch off my brain for those things if I'm enjoying the action or liking the characters.

I'm currently working on my review to send as part of my application to be a reviewer on AUKN. Been quite fun so far, though I'm always trying to find new ways and words to use in order to get my points across.

Best of luck!

Good luck, if you get the role will you work on corrupting I mean recruiting the rest of the staff to the cult? :p
I always think I would need a thesaurus if I tried to write a review as I tend to use the same words to describe what I feel about stuff.
Also watching some of the AniTuber reviews it seems having a critical eye can destroy your enjoyment of things. Picking out stupid little things to criticise shows, where as I can just switch off my brain for those things if I'm enjoying the action or liking the characters.
I personally have a different problem, I find it hard to give things a rating out of 10, it’s either good or it isn’t. That plus I find it difficult to write down how I feel about a show and eloquently describe what I thought was good or was not.

Good luck, if you get the role will you work on corrupting I mean recruiting the rest of the staff to the cult? :p

I personally have a different problem, I find it hard to give things a rating out of 10, it’s either good or it isn’t. That plus I find it difficult to write down how I feel about a show and eloquently describe what I thought was good or was not.
For me the worst for this is if an anime is just "alright" and is bland enough not to be considered good but isn't offensive enough to categorise as bad. It leaves little room to manouvre from a writing perspective and I fear the review would be as boring as the series itself.

Back