The General Conversation Area

You're spot on there :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I see too many incidents of children being ignored by parents, usually because said "parents" are on their smartphones Facebooking or Instagramming to care that their child could walk into the middle of a road or wander off. You see it when you work in retail as well - parents too concerned with the sale rail to realise that little Jimmy has gotten his hand caught in the escalator, or that he's wandered off to another part of the store, so you have to put an announcement over the P.A system to the idiot parents to "please report to the womenswear tillpoint to retrieve your child".

:rolleyes:
Do the parents get a bollocking when collecting said child though?

Do the parents get a bollocking when collecting said child though?
Probably not, lest they loose the customer's service or they demand to "speak to a manager". I mean, some parents let their children run riot in department stores, then look at you as if you've offended their great ancestors if you politely tell the children "not to jump on the display bed", you know, for their own safety and all. The sense of entitlement of some parents is unbelievable to be honest. They seem to think that society will bend over backwards to cater for them and their spawn of Satan.

Worst thing about summer is the blasted bugs. My god so many bug bites, I get cut all the time* so you can imagine how easily I can get bug bites I get lol.

*it had gotten to the point I had to put plasters in my wallet...! Lol.
We have a pretty good flu zapper here, that handles most things that get in. It’s the outside that’s an issue, too many flying ants here.

Worst thing about summer is the blasted bugs. My god so many bug bites, I get cut all the time* so you can imagine how easily I can get bug bites I get lol.

*it had gotten to the point I had to put plasters in my wallet...! Lol.

I have to agree, the bugs are the worst. The flies buzzing around the house, the wasps, the random obligatory insects that just sit on your wall of an evening waiting to annoy the crap out of you before you go to bed...

I do like moths though, but not when they're flapping around your lights! 😅

Probably not, lest they loose the customer's service or they demand to "speak to a manager". I mean, some parents let their children run riot in department stores, then look at you as if you've offended their great ancestors if you politely tell the children "not to jump on the display bed", you know, for their own safety and all. The sense of entitlement of some parents is unbelievable to be honest. They seem to think that society will bend over backwards to cater for them and their spawn of Satan.

Had someone like that when I was up in Plymouth wanting to touch something and the parent not actually keeping them in control. :/

/umiko

Had someone like that when I was up in Plymouth wanting to touch something and the parent not actually keeping them in control. :/

/umiko
You see it all too often; parents just not keeping their kids under control :rolleyes: It's just about teaching them to behave and have respect for people and things when out in public, but many parents just...can't seem to be bothered actually "being parents".

You get parents that seem to project babysitting duties onto unsuspecting sales advisors too. I once was asked if I could watch some woman's sprog whilst she went to use the toilet. Like, yeah sure, because that's part of my job and I'm totally insured to do that :rolleyes: I've had some parents just blatantly ignore their children whilst they're browsing for things because they seem to think, "it's okay, that sales advisor (me) will keep an eye on them"...

Like heck I will :rolleyes:

If you can't raise them, don't have them: simple :rolleyes:

I'm in a moaning ranty mood today :p

I have some energy to do some belated spring cleaning for some reason! :D

/umiko
You've had a more productive day than I have. I let the dog lick the peely lid off a trifle my Dad was eating, then I smeared the remnants over his face...

Then my Mum gave me the spoon that she dished the trifle with; I let the dog lick that too...then smeared the remnants from that all over his face too...

You get parents that seem to project babysitting duties onto unsuspecting sales advisors too. I once was asked if I could watch some woman's sprog whilst she went to use the toilet. Like, yeah sure, because that's part of my job and I'm totally insured to do that :rolleyes: I've had some parents just blatantly ignore their children whilst they're browsing for things because they seem to think, "it's okay, that sales advisor (me) will keep an eye on them"...
why didn't you say you'd molest their kids? oh right the job -.- and not having the reputation of some monster from European folklore.
the sales advisors should just pick the kids up by the scruff and find their parents "you left this wandering around"

the only thing I can say for productivity today is the Haberdashery. I honestly can't think of anything else I've done

Edit: some spambot showed up and spammed the status feed, making my haberdashery update less visible. this fully justifies the death penalty

The disappointment of thinking someone wanted to buy something from my marketplace and it's just a spambot wanting bob and Vagene

why didn't you say you'd molest their kids? oh right the job -.- and not having the reputation of some monster from European folklore.
the sales advisors should just pick the kids up by the scruff and find their parents "you left this wandering around"

the only thing I can say for productivity today is the Haberdashery. I honestly can't think of anything else I've done

Edit: some spambot showed up and spammed the status feed, making my haberdashery update less visible. this fully justifies the death penalty
I missed spambot? I’m disappointed now!

I have to agree, the bugs are the worst. The flies buzzing around the house, the wasps, the random obligatory insects that just sit on your wall of an evening waiting to annoy the crap out of you before you go to bed...

I do like moths though, but not when they're flapping around your lights! 😅
Bee's are surprisingly not bad, they generally keep to themselves you don't disturb them they don't you, there's this one bush in the garden we dub the "bee bush" so many bee's in that bush! My days.

Wasp and flys definitely annoying always wondering in and out literally right now had to open all my windows wide to get a blasted fly out!

Back