The General Conversation Area

It's worth seeing for the scene with Beat Takeshi Kitano and his briefcase.
That is possibly my favourite bit. I've never seen Aramaki kick ass like that before!

@HWR: Got to ask you out of curiosity, dude: have you ever watched the Japanese dub included on the disc? It assembles a lot of the original anime cast, and it's a lot of fun to watch it that way too, I think. :)

That is possibly my favourite bit. I've never seen Aramaki kick ass like that before!

@HWR: Got to ask you out of curiosity, dude: have you ever watched the Japanese dub included on the disc? It assembles a lot of the original anime cast, and it's a lot of fun to watch it that way too, I think. :)
Not yet, but I plan to one day.

even the incredibly rude guy who plays aramaki who didn't even learn english for the film? sorry, I know it's based on something japanese but damn if you localise it don't make people read subs if you don't have to
Beat Takeshi kitano can do as he pleases, plus his calm voice adds to the badassery of Daisuke

Beat Takeshi kitano can do as he pleases, plus his calm voice adds to the badassery of Daisuke
That's the problem though! They just let him do whatever... and I'm really confused as to what his role is. I might have to watch it again (I seen it in cinema, my brother watched it today while I was asleep) but all he seems to do is brief scarjo and be absent for much of the time, I prefer the series Daisuke, whose wit gives him the role of walking into a room of political powers, placing a gauntlet on the table then leaving the room

That's the problem though! They just let him do whatever... and I'm really confused as to what his role is. I might have to watch it again (I seen it in cinema, my brother watched it today while I was asleep) but all he seems to do is brief scarjo and be absent for much of the time, I prefer the series Daisuke, whose wit gives him the role of walking into a room of political powers, placing a gauntlet on the table then leaving the room
He actually ends up finishing the main bad guy as well which is a great scene, I admit the SAC series really evelated the character, and it just makes me wish they'd do another live action film adapting more from those series'. Plus where the hell was Paz in all this?

He actually ends up finishing the main bad guy as well which is a great scene, I admit the SAC series really evelated the character, and it just makes me wish they'd do another live action film adapting more from those series'. Plus where the hell was Paz in all this?
I know they were trying to match the first plot in terms of the flashier scenes but he could have been there at the tank fight, would give him some sort of purpose.
And yea, haven't seen a lot of the manga but they do put some stuff from that and SAC in, and I ask, if that is the case, where in the shell are my tachikomas?
c3ada414f751c3a4f23303cec581dafd1447192242_large.jpg

I know they were trying to match the first plot in terms of the flashier scenes but he could have been there at the tank fight, would give him some sort of purpose.
And yea, haven't seen a lot of the manga but they do put some stuff from that and SAC in, and I ask, if that is the case, where in the shell are my tachikomas?
c3ada414f751c3a4f23303cec581dafd1447192242_large.jpg
The Tachikomas in SAC are weird in that I should find them a bit irritating and out of place, an yet they're strangely endearing, so hell yeah give me some L-A ones pls.

I have kind of mixed feelings about they way they handled Aramaki in the live-action - Kitano was inspired casting, but seeing him kill someone directly didn't feel right for his character, to my mind. It actually makes me wonder if that character was going to be Paz, in an earlier draft of the script.

Beat Takeshi kitano can do as he pleases
I remember reading an article somewhere a while back, where Kitano admitted that he's no good with scripts. He said he can't memorise lines, and claimed that he doesn't even read that well!

I guess, having directed himself in so many films, he usually has as much free rein as he wants.

I have kind of mixed feelings about they way they handled Aramaki in the live-action - Kitano was inspired casting, but seeing him kill someone directly didn't feel right for his character, to my mind. It actually makes me wonder if that character was going to be Paz, in an earlier draft of the script.
I wish it had been, Paz being missing was a shame.

I remember reading an article somewhere a while back, where Kitano admitted that he's no good with scripts. He said he can't memorise lines, and claimed that he doesn't even read that well!

I guess, having directed himself in so many films, he usually has as much free rein as he wants.
And yet he seems to pull off roles quite well, I've yet to see him in a performance I didn't enjoy.

Back