The General Conversation Area

And all that even thoug Shaman King didn't have a proper ending...
BTW, anyone have seen the new Shaman King material that was due for release?
is it out in JP already?

if i remember correctly the weapons they had where cool.
and the tests they had to do to go through the ranks.

ferai or something, was a move to put the spirit in a weapon....that was always cool as you'd have a chibi face appear on the weaon :p

i also think there was one guy with a yoyo as a weapon.
and there was one guy with a giant red spirit and he killed the spirit king.

yeah...i'm losing grips with it...might have to get back to it :)

correct ryo :)

@Tachi best advice, go start reading the manga version, you'll find it quite different then what you remembered...plus the character names are how they should be, so its no longer Len(ny) its Tao Ren :p and the baddie isn't Zeke, its Hao. You should enjoy it :)

True, there was the same thing when i was watching Gaiking, when the subs i was watching called one of the characters Ruru when everywhere else has her name down as Lulu

"It is not clear from the Japanese whether Rally's name is intended to be "Irene" or "Eileen" but the official English translation uses Irene. In several European editions of the manga, most notably in the Italian one, it is "Aileen". Since L's and R's are mostly interchangeable in Japanese to English translations, the main character's name is often translated as Rally Vincent, and this has become the standard. However, at the 1993 Anime America convention Kenichi Sonoda, when asked a question about the character, started his answer with "It's Larry, not Rally." This is further backed up in the manga where in one scene she is receiving a fax from Becky (about Riff-Raff), and the note scrawled on it addresses her as Larry."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunsmith_Cats

So, is it Rally or Larry?

no i don't think it is :p

EDIT@ It's okay Ryo, you didn't defend their edits, just that one use of a letter :p i think you can be forgiven for doing that.

Although their name change of Hao -> Zeke still confuses me

Orgy?...nope don't want to know...

We did play that game once in history of Video Games back in first year uni (what a module that was) it belonged in the trash can of history.

I'm still here tach i'm just working on some new art work that's taking a long time to finish, out of a five character piece i've done two characters...

Tach did you ever take a look at my art thread :p

JESUS CHRIST! the rain outside and the thunder killed the radio.....thank god for that. i'm the only one in the office who hates the damn thing.

and i took a look black, looks alright...still have a long way to go on the detail though. i don't know....maybe if you had a background it would look abit more fitting and less concept art. i mean, concept art is all well and good...but JUST concept art doesn't show off your true potential.

well they are sketchs :p backgrounds is something that bores me sadly, if i could do them, then i would be one step closer to doing my own webcomic, one of the reasons i'm envious of Wildcard and the fact that he can pull off backgrounds quite easily.

Besides its unknown at this point what my true potential is, this may be it, if i focus on the characters then all i have to do is find someone good at doing backgrounds and we'll be away :p

lol everyone has potential. there's no such thing as a limit. so long as you strive to improve then eventually it'll happen.

remember my saying, persistance is the key to achievement.

backgrounds can be hard to create mainly because of the "where do i start" problem. however you have a story that you can fall back on so its not going to be as hard.

Back