The General Conversation Area

Wouldn’t a mattress tester be better?

We had those, they were called "customers" - always mucking round on the b****y display beds!

But... you "need" a copy of Der Mond, surely? Priorities and all that.

I just don't knooooooooooooooooow! XD

It just sucks not having regular money right now. I know money isn't everything and all that, but it just sucks when you don't have it...

Should have used this...this was what my pitch was missing...XD

Dude, believe me, they'd try all sorts, especially at Christmas time. Have you ever tried explaining to an old lady that her voucher is no longer valid?
Could be worse, you could work in the food industry and have a customer release a mouse from in their purse in order to get a free meal.

Could be worse, you could work in the food industry and have a customer release a mouse from in their purse in order to get a free meal.

I think the food industry is one I definitely couldn't work in. I used to be a terrible germophobe (OCD and all that). I'm much better now, but I still would't do it...

I don't think I'd mind the waitressing or general duties, just not the food handling...

We had those, they were called "customers" - always mucking round on the b****y display beds!

I just don't knooooooooooooooooow! XD

It just sucks not having regular money right now. I know money isn't everything and all that, but it just sucks when you don't have it...
Mucking around or attempting to break for fun? I can never quite work out which they’re trying to do.

I think the food industry is one I definitely couldn't work in. I used to be a terrible germophobe (OCD and all that). I'm much better now, but I still would't do it...

I don't think I'd mind the waitressing or general duties, just not the food handling...
Some places service of handling food is genuinely shocking. I kid you not, one place I know os had a solution to beef that was unfit for sale.... slice of the outer bits until the customers wouldn’t notice it was bad on their plate. It’s a true story. Needless to say; don’t buy from there.

Mucking around or attempting to break for fun? I can never quite work out which they’re trying to do.

You'd get some that would just sit on them whilst waiting for someone else, but it was besides the point, there was a prohibitive sign discouraging customers to muck around, but as usual, you get the self-entitled ones that don't think it applies to them!

You'd get some that would just sit on them whilst waiting for someone else, but it was besides the point, there was a prohibitive sign discouraging customers to muck around, but as usual, you get the self-entitled ones that don't think it applies to them!
Self entitled or illiterate? I get confused between those two too.

Some places service of handling food is genuinely shocking. I kid you not, one place I know os had a solution to beef that was unfit for sale.... slice of the outer bits until the customers wouldn’t notice it was bad on their plate. It’s a true story. Needless to say; don’t buy from there.

Ugh, it's shocking what some places get away with! I rarely eat out; I used to occassionally with my ex, but it was as a treat, and it was usually in a pub. I've never had any issues with food when I've eaten out, except one occassion, when we actually went out on Christmas Day, for the first time ever. My Grandma treated us, and it was one of those 7 course things. The dinner was nice, but as I'm fussy with desserts I knew this would be a tricky area - there was a sorbet thing which was WAY too sweet, and then, we ordered actual desserts. There wasn't much choice given I don't like custartd or creams and stuff, so I asked for a slice of Christmas Pudding WITHOUT custard - the waiter looked at me as though I'd offended his great ancestors!

Self entitled or illiterate? I get confused between those two too.

Probably both actually. Man I'd had some experiences working in retail. One lady actually asked if I'd watch her baby whilst she went to do her business. Like, Lady, I am NOT insured, nor contracted to do this ****.

I don't even have children of my own for Christ's sake!

Ugh, it's shocking what some places get away with! I rarely eat out; I used to occassionally with my ex, but it was as a treat, and it was usually in a pub. I've never had any issues with food when I've eaten out, except one occassion, when we actually went out on Christmas Day, for the first time ever. My Grandma treated us, and it was one of those 7 course things. The dinner was nice, but as I'm fussy with desserts I knew this would be a tricky area - there was a sorbet thing which was WAY too sweet, and then, we ordered actual desserts. There wasn't much choice given I don't like custartd or creams and stuff, so I asked for a slice of Christmas Pudding WITHOUT custard - the waiter looked at me as though I'd offended his great ancestors!
Yeah some waiters are stupid like that. Personally I like my burgers plain. After three failed attempts one time I just got a refund and walked out.

Back