The General Conversation Area

Oh I totally agree with you I just don’t see their attitudes changing. Doubt there’s any repercussion for them damaging stuff so there’s nothing stopping them from being dicks.

That's it unfortunately, the get away with it because there's just nothing you can do! Once your order is on it's way, you're hoping that it arrives in one piece, undamaged and is actually what you ordered!

That's it unfortunately, the get away with it because there's just nothing you can do! Once your order is on it's way, you're hoping that it arrives in one piece, undamaged and is actually what you ordered!
You could always hit the delivery person in the face when you spot damage and ask how they like it.

Yep, you've called them on it, dude.

That's brilliant. I'm getting flashbacks of Rhod Gilbert again!

Oh man I didn't even think of that, but I am now and I can't stop laughing. The thing is, I became really good at selling duvets when I worked at Debenhams, hence the reference!

The question is though... how many duvets turned up damaged?

Many of them did have superficial damage on the box, however, some of that may have been customer damage...they're sneaky, becasue once the seal is broken on a duvet you can't return it, so they find ways of looking at it whilst it's still in the packaging...we had testers out though, so they could get a feel for the duvets...

Many of them did have superficial damage on the box, however, some of that may have been customer damage...they're sneaky, becasue once the seal is broken on a duvet you can't return it, so they find ways of looking at it whilst it's still in the packaging...we had testers out though, so they could get a feel for the duvets...
Bloody customers. You name it and someone will try it eventually.

@Neil.T

I...I have no idea what you're talking about *whistles innocently* :p

Oh Lord, I could actually buy a copy of Der Mond, but there are things I actually "need" right now...

Nice! What was your sales pitch? 😀

My smile - I had nothing else. It was all charm and zero knowledge!

The thing is most of the info was on the box, so they'd ask me questions, and I'd just grab the duvet box and read out what was on it, but...y'know, with a smile! Somehow, it worked!

Back