The General Conversation Area

Also, who needs to be informative when you're so much fun. ☺️

And in any case, I've learned some stuff about Gundam and its pilots. I'm really lacking in Gundam knowledge...

Haha, well, where I lack in information I make up for in entertainment I guess; people have said I should be on stage ;) Thanks dude, appreciate it ^^

You want Gundam Knowledge, you come to me. Only Mobile Suit: Gundam Wing though I'm unfamiliar with the other franchises (though Gundam X seems like one I'd like to check out).

Let us know when you're set up. (He says, still gently pressing. 😋)

I like this method; I thought you might go all press gang or something...then again, it wouldn't work since neither of us drink XD Nah, I'll get it sorted, so y'all can "add" me and **** ;)

Put a BD player on your shopping list?
I had one, it died and got returned, and I didn't buy another because I need 4k upscaling and multiregion, which makes them expensive.

Besides, I don't really see why I should have to add another bulky piece of hardware to my desk when I shelled out for a BD drive for my PC. Which is proving increasingly pointless when it won't bloody play anything. I'm starting to think Windows 10 might be partially to blame as well, given what I'm reading while trying to sort it... Awesome.

I'm starting to think Windows 10 might be partially to blame as well
After installing an update for my Motorola smartphone, I now find myself unable to send text messages. In my attempts to rectify that (through use of a "reset to defaults" on the APN menu), I also lost use of mobile data. Thankfully I was able to fix that earlier.

Still can't send texts, though. Updates, eh? Don't even get me started.

It's definitely either something with Windows, PowerDVD or graphics drivers, because PowerDVD is now giving me this HDCP error on a disc I played fine just yesterday. Since then I've had a Windows update and updated my graphics drivers. Argh.

Bring back Windows 7 and destroy all copy protection - It's friggin' pointless because people always find a way around it and it only creates frustration for people who legally bought the product.

Bring back Windows 7 and destroy all copy protection - It's friggin' pointless because people always find a way around it and it only creates frustration for people who legally bought the product.
I would love to see this happen. I've had tonnes of times where powerdvd says discs that are new to it are corrupt, put the disc back or retart powerdvd and it's fine.
copy protection really is pointless these days, blurips are still great quality but I get the feeling that people are far more honest these days in putting their money forward for streaming services and finding good deals (failing that there's always a scrambling for CEs, which lots of people moan about as they go out of stock) it seems like more of a trust issue and less of a necessity

It does really annoy me that the only effect copy protection and DRM seem to have is to leave people who paid for a product legally with a worse experience than people who pirated. Like this was a lesson the music industry learned years ago and rectified, but the games and film industry still seem stuck in an outdated mindset. Pirates are gonna pirate, whatever you do. Better to offer legal purchasers a good experience than make piracy more attractive.

I'd be better if my phone wasn't being a*sey. Not only can I not send texts, I've now noticed that the Google Photos app isn't working properly — only since installing Motorola's recent "update".

How's you?
That seems like a real pain.

I’m good, tucking into fruit cake atm, which is groovy, baby!

tucking into fruit cake
Life with cake, versus without:

9b4.gif

K-On! says it best.

It’s trying it’s hardest to snow here on the south coast.

It's the same here up in North Wales; sky's looking really thick!

@Neil.T Phones are a pain in the backside, especially these smartphones. I hate the fact that they come preinstalled with apps that you just can't get rid of.

@Phobos Share the cake please!

Back