The General Conversation Area

I enjoy reading your posts here
I don't know what to say. Just, thanks so much.

I always strive to be informative and amusing, so if I've managed that, I feel like my existence has finally been vindicated. ☺️

Thank you kindly *Adds to ever-growing watchlist*
No worries, man. For the record, I wasn't completely sold on it from the trailer I watched, but decided to take a punt on it anyway. I'm glad I did.

omg i think i fixed it, thank you T_T everyone at home please appreciate your internet you don't know how hard it is without it, I felt like a caveman for the last week nobody touch the router now my heart can't take another beating

I'm getting exceedingly mad at how bloody difficult it's getting just to watch Blu-rays on my PC. PowerDVD now keeps telling me it can't play them because they're copy protected and I can't use an analog output (? I'm outputting via DisplayPort which most certainly isn't analog). VLC won't open the discs any more, MPC-HC won't play the streams off the discs like it used to.

Now I don't condone piracy, but this is like the bad old days of audio CD DRM. At least with a downloaded media file I know it's just going to play without any issues. I'm an inch away from torrenting media I've bought on disc just so I can watch it.

I don't know what to say. Just, thanks so much.

I always strive to be informative and amusing, so if I've managed that, I feel like my existence has finally been vindicated. ☺️

No worries dude, it's just the truth :) I know I don't post much in the way of anything informative and useful, but, it makes me feel better when I come from chats here; always have a smile on my face.

Ah, I had thought about it (a MAL page), but since I haven't got a huge anime history, or an exstensive list right now, I didn't really think it would be worth my effort :S I don't even own any manga yet either XD

I second this, MAL is very handy to have, I have you to thank for recommending it to me in the first place.
Any time, man. Any time.

I'd been reading your posts in Viewing Journal and whatnot , and they were really interesting, so I was keen to see what else you'd watched. It's handy for picking up recommendations, isn't it?

Any time, man. Any time.

I'd been reading your posts in Viewing Journal and whatnot , and they were really interesting, so I was keen to see what else you'd watched. It's handy for picking up recommendations, isn't it?
Oh lord don't get me started. I must have added like 30-50 anime to my plan to watch list as a result of browsing other users and their profile.

I'm getting exceedingly mad at how bloody difficult it's getting just to watch Blu-rays on my PC. PowerDVD now keeps telling me it can't play them because they're copy protected and I can't use an analog output (? I'm outputting via DisplayPort which most certainly isn't analog). VLC won't open the discs any more, MPC-HC won't play the streams off the discs like it used to.

Now I don't condone piracy, but this is like the bad old days of audio CD DRM. At least with a downloaded media file I know it's just going to play without any issues. I'm an inch away from torrenting media I've bought on disc just so I can watch it.
I second the blu ray thing. I would use the word "optimisation" it seems any program that reads blurays are left in the stone age when it comes to the protection nigh all discs use nowadays, and dedicated players and consoles always seem up to date on it

I'm getting exceedingly mad at how bloody difficult it's getting just to watch Blu-rays on my PC.
Put a BD player on your shopping list?

Ah, I had thought about it (a MAL page), but since I haven't got a huge anime history, or an exstensive list right now, I didn't really think it would be worth my effort :S I don't even own any manga yet either XD
I still think you should, Aya. It'd be worth it just for keeping even a modest Plan-to-watch list — and then you can have fun watching those titles gradually migrate to your Completed list in the future. ☺️

Put a BD player on your shopping list?

I still think you should, Aya. It'd be worth it just for keeping even a modest Plan-to-watch list — and then you can have fun watching those titles gradually migrate to your Completed list in the future. ☺️

Very true, you have to start somewhere I guess ^^ It's been really hard to motivate myself to do ANYTHING in recent months; things just suck b***s at the moment...but it does seem like a useful tool to have. I'll definitely look into it :)

Back