The General Conversation Area

Hey @Neil.T , what about the film you saw? How was it?
Oh, I forgot about that! Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It's very intricate.

It was about a newspaper reporter who digs up a year-old murder case and interviews people who knew the man and the woman who were murdered. As an audience, we're thrown into each interview not knowing who this person is and have to largely work it out for ourselves as it goes along, playing out in flashback segments.

But, in classic style, something that had seemed so clear-cut earlier on is subsequently thrown into doubt by the testimony of someone else.

The level of depravity on show before the end is quite shocking. I heard one guy in the cinema comment during the end credits, "Well, that was dark." I just thought it was really gripping. My attention didn't waver in the slightest for the whole two hours.

There's another film on tomorrow night: 'Japanese Girls Never Die". Looking forward to that as well.

It was about a newspaper reporter who digs up a year-old murder case and interviews people who knew the man and the woman who were murdered. As an audience, we're thrown into each interview not knowing who this person is and have to largely work it out for ourselves as it goes along, playing out in flashback segments.

But, in classic style, something that had seemed so clear-cut earlier on is subsequently thrown into doubt by the testimony of someone else.

The level of depravity on show before the end is quite shocking. I heard one guy in the cinema comment during the end credits, "Well, that was dark." I just thought it was really gripping. My attention didn't waver in the slightest for the whole two hours.

There's another film on tomorrow night: 'Japanese Girls Never Die". Looking forward to that as well.
What was it called? Didn't catch the title earlier

Wow, sounds like you had a great experience! Have you ever thought of becoming a film review writer? You explain things really well actually!

I'm not sure if it would be my cup of tea; murder/mysteries don't really grab my attention (and my attention span isn't great anyway), but the way in which it was filmed sounds interesting!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Back