The General Conversation Area

Argh, why can't I remember that? Did they slide down the tube?

I'm pretty sure they just crawled into a tube that had balloons in it. I could be wrong, but I'm sure that's what I remember. Just like a clear tube full of balloons and they had to make their way through.

It's a line from Romeo and Juliet. It's basically a diss saying "If you were fish, you'd be dried hake."

It was a jibe against the guy's virility.

"Do you bite your thumb at me, sir?"
That was the equivalent of giving someone the middle finger.

Holy cow, I used to be able to memorize lines from that play...I used to drive my Mum nuts when I'd aske her to practice with me! I can well imagine that would have been a part with Mercutio, since all the jokes about "virility" were non-existant after his death...

Holy cow, I used to be able to memorize lines from that play...I used to drive my Mum nuts when I'd aske her to practice with me! I can well imagine that would have been a part with Mercutio, since all the jokes about "virility" were non-existant after his death...
It was from the bit right and the start where a bunch of Capulets and Montagues pass each other in the street.

I also liked:
"Romeo, the love that I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain."

Whoa. Brutal. :p

You had a memory for this too, Aya?

It sounds fun either way!

@Phobos: You didn't like Funhouse?!? Whaaaat?!?!?! I... No. Just: no.
This was before my time, though I did see Dick and Dom mentioned. That, Raven, Bamzooki and hider in the House are the extent of live action kids game shows I can remember from my time as a child. I watched a lot more Cartoon Network and Nick growing up.

It was from the bit right and the start where a bunch of Capulets and Montagues pass each other in the street.

I also liked:
"Romeo, the love that I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain."

Whoa. Brutal. :p

You had a memory for this too, Aya?

Ah yeah, they're in the streets just doing what modern day teenagers do today, except in Elizabethan English! I remember "A sail, a sail!" which I think was Benvolio in response to the Nurse's dress, then Mercutio follows with "two, two - a shirt and a smock"

Oh man, I actually really enjoyed it to be fair when we did it in school. It dragged a bit in the second act (Mercutio brought all the fun stuff), but it was fun to do. I used to memorise the lines and have my Mum read out different parts.

I really couldn't get into A Midsummer Night's Dream or The Merchant of Venice though...

You've got good knowledge and broad taste, though, man. It was you who posted the Only Fools and Horses clip here, and some of the films you buy are from waaay before even my time. Impressive stuff.
I was raised on classic British comedies (Porridge, Open all Hours, Blackadder, Allo Allo, Red Dwarf) My taste in film is broad because I love the medium (did Film Studies for my A Levels and adored it.)

This was before my time, though I did see Dick and Dom mentioned. That, Raven, Bamzooki and hider in the House are the extent of live action kids game shows I can remember from my time as a child. I watched a lot more Cartoon Network and Nick growing up.

I got into Cartoon Network more in my teens; it was the business :cool: Not much of a Nick fan though...

Oh my goodness, before I went to bed last night all I could think of was "buttered toast! Buttered toast" - Matt Hill is a VA legend. Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed; Bankotsu from InuYasha...and Ed from Ed, Edd and Eddy!

I got into Cartoon Network more in my teens; it was the business :cool: Not much of a Nick fan though...

Oh my goodness, before I went to bed last night all I could think of was "buttered toast! Buttered toast" - Matt Hill is a VA legend. Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed; Bankotsu from InuYasha...and Ed from Ed, Edd and Eddy!
Sam Vincent who voices Edd has popped up in anime too, remember hearing him in Ranma
1/2 and immediately recognising his voice

Back