The General Conversation Area

Haha, yeah, I think Otis came after Gordon.
I remember Otis as well. My favourite mascot was from a Saturday morning kids' programme called What's Up Doc? Presenters were Andy Crane, Yvette Fielding and Pat Sharp. The mascot was 'Baljit, the indestructible ball of fur'.

A quick Google search yielded nothing. Perhaps I imagined the whole thing. :eek:

I remember Otis as well. My favourite mascot was from a Saturday morning kids' programme called What's Up Doc? Presenters were Andy Crane, Yvette Fielding and Pat Sharp. The mascot was 'Baljit, the indestructible ball of fur'.

A quick Google search yielded nothing. Perhaps I imagined the whole thing. :eek:
Yes you did. Imagination power!

Yes you did. Imagination power!
There was also a segment where viewers were invited to sent in pictures of signs with funny place names. The best ones were a town called Sh*tterton, a mountain called Brown Willy and another place called Sandy Balls.

This is on a Saturday morning kids' programme!

But what would they name the bearded Pokémon and would they be groovy? baby!

Oh it would definitely be groovy, baby! As for a name...I dunno XD

Hmm, can't say even my super sponge memory remembers that one. I do remember Pat from Fun House though!

Who cares about context anyway?

Me. I do. Lots of people do, it's important! XD

There was also a segment where viewers were invited to sent in pictures of signs with funny place names. The best ones were a town called Sh*tterton, a mountain called Brown Willy and another place called Sandy Balls.

This is on a Saturday morning kids' programme!

Oh man that's funny! I think you could just about get away with stuff like that back then; though I have no idea how...not anymore!

I remember a show called Milkshake on Channel 5; I used to watch shows like Dappledown Farm, Bear in the Big Blue House, Whatamess, Lassie. There was a competition where you had to draw a picture of Lassie, and the prize was a 4ft tall lassie plush, and my entry won! XD I must have been about 10 at the time!

Back