The General Conversation Area

Ooooh! What's a saltine cracker though?

Just a thin, square cracker with some salt on top. I guess it's just your plain, basic cracker here in the US. Most commonly crushed up into soup.

453308573.jpg

You like your fish, huh? Anchovies on pizza as well?

Yes, I do - Anchovies on pizza, Sardines and crackers, Lox and cream cheese on bagels, I also buy squid and octopus in those tins like sardines and anchovies come in.

Weird thing is, I love strong, fishy canned fish, and I love all shellfish, but I don't care so much for just regular fish, like haddock, polluck, tilapia, cod, etc... go figure. I live only 45 minutes from the Chesapeake Bay area, so the specialty around here is Steamed Crabs with Old Bay seasoning...

ryJ5BhlIi-RlJnoPoJCwfNpbRIivd_dHFe83Sh40DRRfxlzJZ2khAMOjlBCgDZjeuW4XMc5i3MoYs_B1jM4rW1lRi8k=s535-c

Last edited:
Yes, I do - Anchovies on Pizza, Sardines and crackers, Lox and cream cheese on bagels, I also get squid and octopus in cans like sardines.

weird thing is, I love strong, fishy canned fish, and I love all shellfish, but I don't care so much for just regular fish, like haddock polluck, tilapia, cod, etc... go figure.

I love sardines, especially on sandwiches! I do prefer fresh/frozen fish though, and I do like cockles or musscles occasionally. I've never tried octopuss or squid...I'd be tempted to though if given the opportunity...I think I've just seen it in a wierd light; I remember Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall cooked some squid, and he made sauce with the ink, and it looked horrible! Just like tar with lumpy bits in it!

I remember a programme where Justin Lee Collins went to Japan — and ate chunks of squid tentacle that were still twitching! Well, at least they were fresh!

Oh no, I couldn't do that! :eek:

All this talk of sardines just reminds me of that Futurama episode...

Sardine sandwiches make me think of Poppy the cat from Playdays! I loved Poppy...and Why Bird XD

Back