The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Last edited:
A Forspoken demo is available on PS5. If you do the side-quests then it offers about a 2 hour chunk of the game. It seems pretty good, but didn't knock my socks off.

If anyone has been despairing at how difficult it's been to find a PS5 over the last two years, it looks like the supply problems may finally be over.

Taking a quick look on Amazon and Shopto, the disc version is in stock at the moment, if anyone still has £480 lying around after the Christmas anime sales (and their electric bills).

⚠️Public Service Announcement: if you own a Nintendo 3DS or Wii U, don't forget that the eShop is closing at the end of March.
Thanks for the reminder. I think I own everything I want but can't hurt to double check. Since I buy physical almost exclusively I haven't been caught off as bad.

Sony are retiring the Playstation Plus Collection. You have until 9th May to claim them. Claimed games can still be played after that date. This is the collection of PS4 games made available to PS5 owners on any tier of PS+.

Sony are retiring the Playstation Plus Collection. You have until 9th May to claim them. Claimed games can still be played after that date. This is the collection of PS4 games made available to PS5 owners on any tier of PS+.
Well that sucks

To think, on one hand we have a really good deal with PS Plus, a ton of games for the price of around 2, but on the other hand Sony decide to pull silliness like this; as well as other things such as reportedly overriding Essential game licences with the more limited time Extra/Premium licences for anyone who downloads the game via the PS Store rather than the library.

There's an open beta for Exoprimal this weekend. This is Capcom's completely bonkers power suits vs swarms of dinosaurs multiplayer game. From what I've played so far the various power suits are all pretty fun and you can swap between them mid-match at any time. Gameplay is kind of chaotic and messy, but that's clearly intentional. Both story and gameplay embrace their inherent craziness. It reminds me of a Dreamcast-era Sega game or Earth Defence Force with a budget.

Back