The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

I think Shadow is a weird omission, he'd be such an easy and low effort echo fighter to do. His model isn't even that different to Sonic.

It could be SEGA, maybe they'd prefer another character be pushed, again. maybe as DLC? And I'sd expect a Sonic character, they really haven't done enough with their other IP in recent decade.

It could be SEGA, maybe they'd prefer another character be pushed, again. maybe as DLC? And I'sd expect a Sonic character, they really haven't done enough with their other IP in recent decade.

In the direct, Sakurai said that all the DLC fighters would be brand new characters made from scratch, implying that either new Echo fighters will be free, or we simply won't see any more of them.

In the direct, Sakurai said that all the DLC fighters would be brand new characters made from scratch, implying that either new Echo fighters will be free, or we simply won't see any more of them.

Who said they had to be echo fighters? Eggkan wouldn't be. Even the likes of Tails could be altered enough.

They even seemed to go out it three way to stop you using a modern Dualshock for rumble and analogue. Nodding it won't he smooth either. It'll have limited storage and still have a poor emulator unless modders want to rebuild the software from scratch..

I'll sace for the N64 Classic.

Yeah it’s a very underwhelming piece of hardware. Less features than what Nintendo offered but more expensive. Wake me when there’s an N64 Classic announcement.

Sadly the N64 is hard to emulate so I feel it may not happen and it defo will be similar price to PS1 Classic I feel if it happens.

Not really, they did it on Wij and Wii U, even had save states on the latter. All the trademarks have been filed in the same way as they were leading up to the NES and SNES.

The big thing would be obtaining the rights to use any non DK 64 Rare titles. There’s a good selection there that Microsoft have ownership of.

It's a rights nightmare. There's the 007 games licence itself (that currently no publisher holds), the likeness' of the actors, the music rights, Nintendo being the licence holder at the time, Rare being the developer picked to make it but who are now owned by Microsoft. Who owns what isn't clear, video game licensing aren't always consistent.

It's possible Nintendo could make desls with Microsoft over this hut I think some overstate their relationship just because of
Minecraft. It was a huge multi-platform game before they owned it so they simply may not have wished to rock that boat or possibly Mojang secured an agreement to maintain their right to choose platforms as part of the buy out.

Big corporate deals, if they don't want to tell us... we're s*** out of luck.

Detective Pikechu movie trailer

My biggest fear for this thankfully unfounded. It's isn't cynical or pandering with no formulaic juvenile humour. Thas a relief, at least from this trailer, I don't get the impression that makers have contempt for the material.

Nintendo 'Wins' $12 Million From Pirate ROM Site Operators - TorrentFreak

This piss me off is the fact is that the games industry has no interest in preserving games it's being left down too the public to preserve and archive games hell theirs a lot of games were the code no longer exists but games companies prefer to sue people instead and this would not happen if Nintendo made all there old games available to people for say £3.99 starting from nes up to the gba/n64 and game cube games for £5.99

Detective Pikechu movie trailer

My biggest fear for this thankfully unfounded. It's isn't cynical or pandering with no formulaic juvenile humour. Thas a relief, at least from this trailer, I don't get the impression that makers have contempt for the material.
Lol lol lol lol it looks weird.

Nintendo 'Wins' $12 Million From Pirate ROM Site Operators - TorrentFreak

This piss me off is the fact is that the games industry has no interest in preserving games it's being left down too the public to preserve and archive games hell theirs a lot of games were the code no longer exists but games companies prefer to sue people instead and this would not happen if Nintendo made all there old games available to people for say £3.99 starting from nes up to the gba/n64 and game cube games for £5.99

I do feel that some of these sites did get a little too cocky with their browser emulators that used copyrighted bios and all. As well as splashing images of gaming I? All over their site. Gaming preservation is important but given the legal grey areas they really should try to remain more hidden.

Back