The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Round-up of the latest Japanese gaming news:
  • Atelier Rorona DX, Atelier Totori DX, and Atelier Meruru DX have been trademarked in Europe and North America for western release. The DX versions are set for release on the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan on 20th September.
  • Deemo Reborn features over 200 songs for its setlist plus PlayStation VR & Move support. The visuals have been upgraded from 2D to 3D also. The game is scheduled for release in 2019 for PlayStation 4.
  • Digimon Survive is coming to the west in 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. The game takes a 2D approach this time around with the SRPG style gameplay.
  • Earth Defense Force 5 is coming to the west for PlayStation 4 from D3 Publisher themselves. Details on whether it'll receive a retail release is currently not known as of this point.
  • Gal Metal and Gungrave VR will be getting retail releases in Europe under PQube while Marvelous Europe handle the localisation and digital releases. XSEED is the US distributor for these titles. Gal Metal heads to Nintendo Switch while Gungrave VR heads to PlayStation 4, both are scheduled for this Autumn.
  • Robotics;Notes DaSH is available in Japan on 22nd November for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The visual novel is a sequel to Robotics;Notes and features Daru from Steins;Gate.
  • Taiko no Tatsujin is coming to the west on 2nd November for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch as a digital download only title on both platforms. While it's unknown whether the setlist will be the same as the Japanese version, it does feature songs from Evangelion, Dragon Ball, One Piece, Hatsune Miku, The iDOLM@STER and more. If you prefer retail copies the Japanese & Asian versions feature English support.
  • UPPERS has been rated by the Australian gaming board for PlayStation 4. This is Marvelous's action beat em up with a male cast from the same developers of Senran Kagura that came out on PlayStation Vita. The game never got localised due to poor sales or demand in Japan.

Pre-orders for select Japanese games are now available on Amazon UK. (Disclaimer: All links below are affiliate links)

428: Shibuya Scramble - PlayStation 4
Available 21st September 2018

Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise - PlayStation 4
Available 2nd October 2018

Gal Metal - Nintendo Switch
Available 25th September 2018

Gungrave VR - PlayStation 4 VR
Available 16th October 2018

PUNCH LINE (Limited Edition Artbook Version) - PlayStation 4 / Vita
Available 31st August 2018

PUNCH LINE (Standard Edition) - PlayStation 4 / Vita
Available 24th August 2018

Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal (Standard Edition) - PlayStation 4
Available 9th October 2018

Oh wow, 428 Shibuya Scramble is coming out over here?! That's great, I've been waiting for it to happen all these years. I'm not sure how I even heard of the game, or why it's title stuck in my memory all these years, it's probably because I do like a good visual novel.

DkJwZnbXoAEoaPk.jpg

D3 Publisher's Bullet Girls Phantasia is now available on PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita with English support on the Asia release.

Play Asia (note: all of the links below are affiliated) have exclusive distribution for the physical releases. Both formats have English support and customs is no longer an issue for the UK users (due to them sorting it out this time last year).
For those wondering, Play Asia does have a number of Asian English titles in stock if you're concerned about one or two out of stock:

Last edited:
Just a heads up the new video cards from nvidia are up for preorder but the prices are insane up to £1000 for the 2080ti flooping hell nvidia love ripping off the uk.

Just a heads up the new video cards from nvidia are up for preorder but the prices are insane up to £1000 for the 2080ti flooping hell nvidia love ripping off the uk.
ye I heard about how they are pricing those. pretty dumb marketing, ok, nvidia, I'll take the hint. it seems you no longer want my money

Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay:
The high level character at the end is even more badass than Major Kusanagi

Streets of Rage 4 trailer!

Allegedly the rtx 2080ti cards are slower then the Titan Xp and the gtx 1080ti going by the leaked benchmarks so it's not looking good for nvidia.

Allegedly the rtx 2080ti cards are slower then the Titan Xp and the gtx 1080ti going by the leaked benchmarks so it's not looking good for nvidia.
Counterpoint: Recent leaks are saying it's 35% faster than the 1080Ti, and others say the 2080 also outpaces the 1080Ti in synthetic tests, which all seems within what I'd expect. Apart from anything else, why would the newer card be slower? (Unless you're comparing games with raytracing enabled to games without, of course, which wouldn't make much sense!)

Back