The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Anyone know whats happened to the Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time UK digital release? I had heard it was scheduled for 20th February, but that's obviously been and gone with no further word...
Apparently it was never officially announced, and the Namco site lists it as "Coming Soon" with no exact release date announced.

An advert ran in last month's edition of NEO suggests a release in March. One of the European Sony stores also has it down for March 27th, so I think that's probably an accurate idea of where it got pushed too.

It's a shame as with Detective Pikachu and Ni No Kuni 2 out on the 23rd, I probably won't bother buying LWA for awhile now as I don't have time to play it. ^^;

As mentioned in the discord chat, it seems that Omega Labyrinth Z may have been potentially 'banned' in the UK according to one retailer who emailed their customers the reasoning for their orders being cancelled. So far a lot of retailers have pulled their listings but there's been no official statement from the publisher or any news reports for the past week (this was discovered on 28th February).

For those who don't know, Omega Labyrinth is a Dungeon RPG with a lot of heavy fanservice that involves the main lead of characters going to the dungeon to make their chests larger. It's a weird concept. Australian board as per usual refused classification which is no surprise.

New update on the Omega Labyrinth Z situation. The VSC Ratings Board have confirmed they have refused classification for the title.

UPDATE: PQube have added some more info on the matter:
  • Every territory with the exception of the UK, Australia and Germany will be able to own the release without any cuts/censorship.
  • The US release has passed with an M rating and European release passed with an 18 rating.
  • The game is only localised in English outside Asia so the European & US versions are identical.
  • UK release also affects digital services i.e. PSN (the original statement refers to physical media refusal).

Last edited:
New update on the Omega Labyrinth Z situation. The VSC Ratings Board have confirmed they have refused classification for the title.

UPDATE: PQube have added some more info on the matter:
  • Every territory with the exception of the UK, Australia and Germany will be able to own the release without any cuts/censorship.
  • The US release has passed with an M rating and European release passed with an 18 rating.
  • The game is only localised in English outside Asia so the European & US versions are identical.
  • UK release also affects digital services i.e. PSN (the original statement refers to physical media refusal).
It can't be as bad as the vsc are a making it out to be.

Wow if that gets passed the vsc I'm a monkeys uncle.
I don't think it actually needs to, since it's not being sold physical retail and was crowd-funded, so technically those of us who backed it didn't even purchase copies of the game, we funded its production in return for a free copy as a reward. Clever.

Bad news the bbc have reported on Omega Labyrinth Z situation could be bad for pQube and its bad enough that some people think anime fans = kiddy fiddlers.

In its strongly worded statement explaining its decision, the VSC said the overall themes and content would be "unacceptable to the majority of UK consumers" and could cause significant harm to the "moral development of younger people".
How the **** can a video game turn a young person into a child molester, it's like saying young people who play shoot them up games are at risk of becoming mass shooters.

Suda 51 has announced plans to remaster the other instalments in the Kill the Past series; Flower, Sun and Rain and Killer7.

Currently there is no current timeframe aside from 'in the future'. Most likely to be PC, PS4 and probably Switch for Killer7.

Kiwami2_glamshot_ENG.jpg

pQlNw6Q.gif

SEGA have announced localisation plans for Yakuza Kiwami 2, coming exclusively to PlayStation 4 on 28th August 2018 with a steelbook launch edition to match Kiwami 1.

Kiwami2_glamshot_ENG.jpg

pQlNw6Q.gif

SEGA have announced localisation plans for Yakuza Kiwami 2, coming exclusively to PlayStation 4 on 28th August 2018 with a steelbook launch edition to match Kiwami 1.

Awesome! Yakuza 2 is probably my favourite game in the series.

Man, I remember the days when it seemed like this series was dead over here in the west. But here we are in 2018, and we're getting two games in one year just like last year with 0 and Kiwami. I can't wait!

Awesome! Yakuza 2 is probably my favourite game in the series.

Man, I remember the days when it seemed like this series was dead over here in the west. But here we are in 2018, and we're getting two games in one year just like last year with 0 and Kiwami. I can't wait!
I've been steadily working through the games, but skipped 2 (since it's got a remake) and 3 (the Western release had loads removed.) Hopefully 6 is good

Spike Chunsoft's North American release line-up has been leaked, here are the titles:
  • 428: Shibuya Scramble (428 ~Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de~) [PlayStation 4, Steam]
  • Fire Pro Wrestling World [PlayStation 4, Steam (already available)]
  • Steins;Gate ELITE [PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Steam]
UPDATE: Also announced:
  • Robotics;Notes [formats unconfirmed ~ in Japan it's PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360]
  • Zanki Zero: Last Beginning [PlayStation 4, Steam]
Spike Chunsoft have an exclusive partnership with 5pb/MAGES so all unlicensed & future Science Adventure titles will be released by this distributor from now on, PQube will be locked out.

Last edited:
Back