The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 has been announced.

However there are only plans to release the game in Japan and Asian markets.

I think this is a fair move, because if you think about it the game might cause a bad controversy over the characters (not to mention some of them were underage in US laws, and of course there are critics who like to slam on these types of games with pointless reasoning). As long as they release the game with English subtitles, I'm sure the fan base would forgive them.

NormanicGrav said:
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 has been announced.

However there are only plans to release the game in Japan and Asian markets.

I think this is a fair move, because if you think about it the game might cause a bad controversy over the characters (not to mention some of them were underage in US laws, and of course there are critics who like to slam on these types of games with pointless reasoning). As long as they release the game with English subtitles, I'm sure the fan base would forgive them.
Just how "Xtreme" is it planned to be?

I remember playing the first Volleyball one back in the day, it was quite fun. I had to quit though when I realised I was skipping the celebration animations to get back to the intense volleyball action.

Looks like the Omega Force title hinted at for the last week is actually an Attack on Titan game for Playstation (likely Vita/3/4). Full reveal expected tomorrow for launch winter (Japan)

britguy said:
Looks like the Omega Force title hinted at for the last week is actually an Attack on Titan game for Playstation (likely Vita/3/4). Full reveal expected tomorrow for launch winter (Japan)

Sigh, well I can guess a lot of people will be disappointed.

But considering it's Omega Force I guess we can expect something with this game, we all know the 3DS game is an apparent disaster with bad reception etc.

Oh, for those wondering how this got leaked - Japanese Volume 17's wraparound jacket revealed it.

britguy said:
Disappointed? What were people expecting?

A new IP as far as I'm aware. I'll keep my expectations neutral but I can see this going well gameplay-wise if it's designed for PS4 (bigger world, more enemies on screen, 60FPS/1080p etc).

NormanicGrav said:
britguy said:

A new IP as far as I'm aware. I'll keep my expectations neutral but I can see this going well gameplay-wise if it's designed for PS4 (bigger world, more enemies on screen, 60FPS/1080p etc).

There was a lot of here-say about it potentially being a new IP, or possibly even Berserk in other areas. Both would be quite fascinating to see come from Omega, and Berserk would certainly add a more gory and adult take to their titles than normal. Attack on Titan is certainly an interesting title however, and i for one am very curious to see where they take it. It adds a lot of new ideas to how they may style the game, considering there won't be 10000000000 enemies to kill every stage. I'd imagine some ideas from Tokiden might be implemented, might a death mechanic, who knows? I'm curious. Still pretty excited to see the upcoming trailer.

I'm not exactly sure that an Attack on Titan game would work well just based on the world of the show. It's inherently flawed in terms of what gameplay it would allow. The only gameplay you could get out of it is killing Titans but that's it. There wouldn't be any grunts to kill or any puzzles or anything. It would be like Shadow of the Colossus, just boss after boss. Whilst that did work for SoT, all of the Titans are identical in how they are killed making which would make it incredibly repetitive and dull after a while. The only way around this would be to change a lot about the show's lore and stuff but at that point why even make it AoT at all. I think there is some potential there for a good game but you'd need the right studio to tackle it.

Arbalest said:
NormanicGrav said:
britguy said:

There was a lot of here-say about it potentially being a new IP, or possibly even Berserk in other areas. Both would be quite fascinating to see come from Omega, and Berserk would certainly add a more gory and adult take to their titles than normal. Attack on Titan is certainly an interesting title however, and i for one am very curious to see where they take it. It adds a lot of new ideas to how they may style the game, considering there won't be 10000000000 enemies to kill every stage. I'd imagine some ideas from Tokiden might be implemented, might a death mechanic, who knows? I'm curious. Still pretty excited to see the upcoming trailer.

A Berserk game from Omega Force.. that could work.

So if the game does turn out to be AoT, here's my ideas for the game:
- Death Mechanic - adds a sense of horror to the main player
- Maintain 60 frames - just so that people can fly around like mad
- Follow the main story, the spin-offs and have an original one - just to add some creativity somewhere
- Once Eren can transform, he can't use it unless he does certain requirements. This is so that the game can't be too easy.
- Health can't regenerate - because this game should have that kind of challenge, if you screw up that's your fault.
- Multiplayer wise, it could have a version of Attack/Defend - one side as humans, other side as titans
- Make use of the touch pad for something, like using the grapple perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, interested to see how this turns out. I like Omega but I just can't imagine a AoT game being fun, Unless I can play as Hanji, I guess, good thing is we don't have long to wait to see what the deal is.

2kf31Ps.jpg

XWWrrNY.jpg
No interest in the source material for Squid Girl, not my type of show, but the Splatoon gear looks cool, if only it came to the west :(

New Phantom Pain trailer from Gamescom:

I am so pumped for this game. It's one of about three games I'm actually excited about this year.

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes is out in Europe on October 23rd 2015.
3rGsaXz.jpg

Xenoblade X is getting bundles in Europe and a Twitch Livestream on the 8th.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U Premium Pack: features a black premium Wii U console, a physical copy of the game, an Artbook and a World Map poster
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition Pack: features a physical copy of the game, a SteelBook™ cover, a World Map poster, a Cover Art Poster and the Artbook
Can’t make it to gamescom? Those at home can tune into a special Xenoblade Chronicles X Twitch.tv/twitch live stream broadcast on Saturday 8th August between 16.00 – 17.00 CEST to get a sneak peak at the game.
RQXfL5n.jpg

Project Zero (Fatal Frame) is getting a Limited Edition in Europe and a demo on the eShop. Game releases on 30th October 2015.
Do6vJU0.png

IncendiaryLemon said:
New Phantom Pain trailer from Gamescom:

I am so pumped for this game. It's one of about three games I'm actually excited about this year.
I'm counting down the days. Can't remember the last time I was this hyped for a new game coming out.

Mehtal Gear Solid.

I'm having that (Project) Zero steelbook edition, though. It doesn't make up for Nintendo ignoring the previous installment, but I'll take it. My most anticipated release of the year along with the Legend of Heroes RPGs.

My most anticipated game right now is Super Mario Maker by far. I've never actually played any of the Fatal Frame games, always looked weird to me because it never actually looked scary and just looked like an excuse to have Japanese school girls walking around in the dark but I'll try this one out. I don't like buying games just on the principle that they sell poorly and to support it, but like Pandora's Tower and The Last Story last gen on the Wii, I'll give it a chance. Since this Limited Edition was announced, I've been thinking about the game more and I might enjoy it. I'm a sucker for Steelbooks too so that helps :p

I was unfathomably hyped for Xenoblade X, but after it came out in Japan, it kind of just fell off of my radar. The game looks great but I guess after the first Xenoblade which is one of the best games in a long time, I was hoping for a standout story with cool characters, unfortunately the main character in X is one that you create yourself. Still in for the Limited Edition.

Never played any of the MGS games and don't care to change that, but I'm happy for the fans.

Back