The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

IncendiaryLemon said:
First Persona 4 Dancing All Night English trailers are out.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/persona-4-da ... creenshots

Hearing that new Rise VA really breaks my heart. Rise is my favourite girl from Persona 4 and it really saddens me Laura Bailey finally dropped out. What's worse is they didn't even try and find a sound alike like they did when they replaced Troy Baker, this new VA sounds nothing like Laura. It's genuinely made me less interested in the game. As much as I love Persona 4 more than just about anything, the way that it hemorrhages voice actors is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure out of the main cast, only Yu and Yosuke have the same voice actors from the initial PS2 release.
Oh god, I had no idea Laura wasn't gonna be doing Rise :/ Shes actually probably my least favourite of the Persona 4 girls, but it's still REALLY jarring that it sounds nothing like Rise. I mean, Chies voice actress change was for the better but I just dunno about this, not that I think she's bad, she's just not Rise....Also, hasn't Yukikos voice actress always been Amanda Winn Lee too?

Anyhoo, wasn't planning on picking up the game anyway (not a fan of the genre), but hope I can get my hands on the OST.

IncendiaryLemon said:
You're right I totally forgot about Yukiko. You can't really blame me though :p
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO, BOO THIS MAN!!! :p

*But I guess Chie IS the only one worth actually remembering at the end of the day, so can't judge you too harshly ;)

Is Laura Bailey still doing much anime stuff? I'm fairly sure Rise was pretty much her most recent major role.

Buzzkillington said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO, BOO THIS MAN!!! :p

Haters gonna hate :p

@Lutga

Not really. Her last role as far as I can see was as Trunks in the last DBZ movie and that was in 2013. EDIT: Wait, no, she reprised her role as Maka for Soul Eater Not last year.

IncendiaryLemon said:
She also replaced the original voice of Fuuka in Persona 4 arena, Persona 4 Ultimax and Persona Q (the latter of which I was hacked off about since it completely changed her personality).

demonix said:
She also replaced the original voice of Fuuka in Persona 4 arena, Persona 4 Ultimax and Persona Q (the latter of which I was hacked off about since it completely changed her personality).
I can't begin to tell you how annoyed I was with the Persona 4 Arena Fuuka change. I spent a lot longer than I care to admit in that game trying to unlock Fuuka as my navigator, only to find out it was a different voice actress.

On the plus side, the couple of people I know who've been playing P4D have not been thrilled by it, so you might not be missing out on much if you skip it!

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend has just been released on the PS3, PS4 and Vita in North America with Europe still being left out, until now!

PQube (the publisher who handled Persona 4 Arena and Steins;Gate) have announced they will be releasing the game to UK and Europe on the same platforms. They also want to release the game in physical form and also provide a limited edition release. Rice Digital will be providing pre-orders soon.

I recently watched a few dub trailers for Persona 4 Dancing All Night and like many others - was pretty disappointed that Laura Bailey was unable to voice Rise due to a conflicting schedule. Whoever is providing her voice for DAN is awful, absolutely awful. She sounds like the sort of person Sentai would cast for a dub. Her line delivery is just so flat and terrible, a massive shame considering Rise seems to be one of the more prominent characters for DAN. It's strange to think that most of the P4 cast has been re-cast in some form at this point - Chie, Teddie, Kanji, Naoto, Margaret and now Rise. (Best girl is still consistent though!)

I've opted to import the Japanese Crazy Value Edition at this point due to a mix of wanting the game now, and wanting to play the game with a consistent voice cast. I've watched both anime adaptations in Japanese as well as owning a Japanese copy of P4G which I've played to completion, so It's not like I have to get used to a completely different cast.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Fite me m8.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Not really. Her last role as far as I can see was as Trunks in the last DBZ movie and that was in 2013. EDIT: Wait, no, she reprised her role as Maka for Soul Eater Not last year.
She also reprised her role as Dragon Kid in Tiger & Bunny: The Rising.

I've noticed J-Stars Victory + playstation 4 version is getting pretty hard to get. Amazon have sold out and don't know when more stock will be available and popped into GAME today and saw it at £48.99... I know Namco Bandai do limited runs of games then go digital only but I thought it'd be around longer than a month!

So now the question fellow gamers anybody seen it for a good price??

Jon O Fun said:
I've noticed J-Stars Victory + playstation 4 version is getting pretty hard to get. Amazon have sold out and don't know when more stock will be available and popped into GAME today and saw it at £48.99... I know Namco Bandai do limited runs of games then go digital only but I thought it'd be around longer than a month!

I'm sure Bandai Namco will keep it in print. The game just got released for flip sake. Other Bandai Namco titles are still in print so this particular title should get a couple reprints if needed. If the worse case scenario occurs the US version is always an option.

The only exception to this rule is Tales of Hearts R and other titles on Vita.

NormanicGrav said:
Jon O Fun said:

I'm sure Bandai Namco will keep it in print. The game just got released for flip sake. Other Bandai Namco titles are still in print so this particular title should get a couple reprints if needed. If the worse case scenario occurs the US version is always an option.

The only exception to this rule is Tales of Hearts R and other titles on Vita.
Well that's good to know :) I put off buying it day one because of Arkham Knight. Managed to find Tales of Hearts R in CEX for £20 a few weeks ago! I was so happy! Haha

Shopto still has stock of the PS4 version of J-Stars Victory + at over £10 less then those rip off merchants at game (I would post a direct link, but my laptop went mental in the original attempt and I had to do a forced shut down to regain control).

Seems they have it back in stock on Amazon too. I'm still pretty tempted by it but having played the import of the last version, it's really tedious....and yet I still kinda want it :s wish they would have use the same cast and made a musou or something instead lol

Hatsune Miku is feeling the vibe as a guest character for Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

mikup4d.jpg

Source

Back