The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

Square Enix have officially confirmed that Final Fantasy X|X-2 will be coming to PS4.

Following contents:
- Final Fantasy X HD
- Final Fantasy X: Eternal Calm video
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD
- Final Fantasy X Last Mission
- credits
- bonus audio (Japanese language)

NormanicGrav said:
Square Enix have officially confirmed that Final Fantasy X|X-2 will be coming to PS4.

Following contents:
- Final Fantasy X HD
- Final Fantasy X: Eternal Calm video
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD
- Final Fantasy X Last Mission
- credits
- bonus audio (Japanese language)

It's going to have PS4 exclusive features too from what's been reported, so a lot of speculation has been thrown about on whether or not it may include the likes of online blitzball. it'd be cool if it did include that.

Dozens of interesting gaming news have cropped up lately:

Capcom have announced that Devil May Cry 4 and DmC: Devil May Cry will be remastered for PS4 and Xbox One in 2015, entitled Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition and DmC: Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition. Details for DMC4 have yet to be revealed but there are some news for DmC - 1080p High Definition graphics with 60 frames per second, new game modes and costumes, new balanced gameplay including manual lock-in and all of the DLC from the previous gen.

A new JoJo's Bizarre Adventure game will be heading to PS3 and PS4, entitled JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven. The game has barely any information aside from some returning characters (Joseph Joestar and Caesar Zeppeli from Part II: Battle Tendency, Jotaro Kujo and Noriaki Kakyoin from Part III: Stardust Crusaders, and Josuke Higashikata from Part IV: Diamond is Unbreakable) and new additions to the roster (Diego Brando from Part VII: Steel Ball Run and Rudol von Stroheim from Part II: Battle Tendency).

The upcoming One Piece: Super Grand Battle X for 3DS will allow amiibo support. Using the Mario, Link, and Fox Amiibos will offer their costumes to Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji, respectively. Luigi Amiibo will also give Luffy a Luigi costume.

The Naruto fighting games continues with Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 for PS4, Xbox One and Steam across all regions (Japan, North America, Europe). The game will feature the The Last version of Naruto in addition to the largest roster in the series. The game will also have characters from the fight between Hajirama and Madara, as well as other characters from The Last -Naruto the Movie-. The game will also recreate the Shinobi World War.

Will definitely be picking up the DMC port for sure (although perhaps not DMC 4 - as it has one of the laziest game designs ever) - and will probably give the new Naruto game a try.

Nice to see stuff coming out on PS4 in force anyway.

The most unexpected thing was announced today. Minecraft: Story Mode. Why so unexpected? It's a narrative driven game made by Telltale games. This could extremely badly or very well, all depends on how well the telltale charm does.

Source

Chaos;Child [カオスチャイルド] just got released this week for the Xbox One in Japan. As an exclusive title for the format it's not doing very well.

The title didn't reach the top 50 chart but for the console chart itself it's ranked #1 with only 1,415 units. Grand Theft Auto V [グランド・セフト・オートV] and Halo:The Master Chief Collection are #2 and #3 with 346 and 315 units respectively.

Nitroplus should really reconsider when it comes to making console exclusives from now on. Their latest titles have always been Xbox first but at this rate they're going to be in real trouble financially. Especially when they have Psycho Pass also arriving to the Xbox One as an exclusive.

I'm not hating the Xbox but it's time for everyone to accept the fact that Xbox is no longer welcome in Japan, heck no one even queued for the console launch.

NormanicGrav said:
I'm not hating the Xbox but it's time for everyone to accept the fact that Xbox is no longer welcome in Japan, heck no one even queued for the console launch.
Was it ever welcome?

To be fair, there was a point early on in the 360's lifespan where they seemed to be trying with stuff like Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey and they were definitely seeing some market over there, then for whatever reason MS decided to focus on First person shooters again.

Likewise - I'm hoping the price comes down before I nab a copy. Seeing how popular it's been, I'm surprised they haven't released a physical version. The same problem annoys me about the Atelier series - it frustrates me they're only available on Vita digitally, my card space isn't infinite and the games are pretty sizeable!

Danganronpa: Another Episode confirmed for English localisation and 2015 release date during an IGN 'Kinda Funny' Podcast.

NormanicGrav said:
Danganronpa: Another Episode confirmed for English localisation and 2015 release date during an IGN 'Kinda Funny' Podcast.

YES! YES! YES! :mrgreen:

Also, Kinda Funny isn't anything to do with IGN, it's just run by former IGN staff.

Awesome news about Another Episode :D Will be definitely buying it when it's released here.

With Criminal Girls Invite Only arriving very soon I was curious to see what would happen if the game managed to get released uncensored, apparently it would've guaranteed an AO rating (which would result in being blacklisted by Sony). However this is being taken by NIS's word and not the ESRB as the publisher censors the game before submitting it uncensored (Senran Kagura Vita games had a similar issue with the European release where the game was censored before being submitted to PEGI).

The censorship added to the English release is more fog and voices removed from the 'Motivation' mini-game (which is actually 'Punishment' in the Japanese version). The game got an 18 over here with the censorship.

Looks like Bandai Namco have filed trademarks to release JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven (PS3/PS4), Sword Art Online: Lost Song (PS3/Vita) and The iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls (PS3) for the west.

All three of them better have a physical release and a better translation than Hollow Fragment.

Nice - and yeah, echoing the feelings on the need for a physical release for all. I'm getting fed up of these overpriced digital editions taking up precious memory space.

Back