The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Watched a playthrough for the Suicide Squad game.

The gameplay loop actually looks like fun, cool looter shooter with character builds is a plus.

The story on the other hand is something else. I am convinced it was actually writen by people that actively despise DC comics fans with the way they treat the heroes. I can't give an honest level headed take so I'll just say get it if you want a fun looter shooter, but avoid like the plague if you are a comic book geek like me.

Last edited:
Watched a playthrough for the Suicide Squad game.

The gameplay loop actually looks like fun, cool looter shooter with character builds is a plus.

The story on the other hand is something else. I am convinced it was actually writen by people that actively despise DC comics fans with the way they treat the heroes. I can't give an honest level headed take so I'll just say get it if you want a fun looter shooter, but avoid like the plague if you are a comic book geek like me.
Interesting. Just watched today's Kinda Funny Games Daily. Main host Greg Miller is a massive DC fan and has pretty much the opposite view.
Cutscenes and story is good apart from ending, but thinks that's probably because there's more to come because of the "live service" nature of it. But says the game itself is boring and repetitive and it's weird having these characters using guns when they don't in the comics (from my limited knowledge only Deadshot is a definite gun user). Missions and the boss fights are samey, with the boss fights especially being a disappointment due to not utilising the characters you fight in a unique way at all.
Anyway as soon as "live service" was mentioned I was never going to touch it!

Interesting. Just watched today's Kinda Funny Games Daily. Main host Greg Miller is a massive DC fan and has pretty much the opposite view.
Cutscenes and story is good apart from ending, but thinks that's probably because there's more to come because of the "live service" nature of it. But says the game itself is boring and repetitive and it's weird having these characters using guns when they don't in the comics (from my limited knowledge only Deadshot is a definite gun user). Missions and the boss fights are samey, with the boss fights especially being a disappointment due to not utilising the characters you fight in a unique way at all.
Anyway as soon as "live service" was mentioned I was never going to touch it!
Lore wise Deadshot and Harley are known to use guns. Captain boomerang uses a boomerang (pretty obviously I guess) and king shark is a shark.

Ya really don't want to get me started on how they depict the Justice League though. Perhapes I should let it go and maybe I can enjoy the game when it's on discount.

As far as I know they have been brainwashed by the big bad, so you can get them to act however you want them to!
Did you play Injustice? Superman was a dick in it, due to red Kryptonite. Did you find that bad?
The problem isn't so much evil Justice League (although that trope is old and boring like no one outside of comics know whet else to write).

The problem is that one: unlike Injustice, this game is actually canon to an exisiting universe that a lot of people were following for over a decade now and two: the game actively mocks the League and makes it quite clear that the Heroes we been following for so long are actually lame and incompetent.

It's the Dragonball Super to Dragonball Z. If it was just another "Evil Justice League" for the 100th time I honestly wouldn't have a problem. But like I said, I just need to let it go though.

Last edited:
canon to an existing universe
Ah, yes. I also watched the What Culture review and they mentioned that it's supposed to be in the Arkham-verse. So I can see it would spoil that franchise and might have been better to be it's own thing because
mocks the League
Isn't that sort of the Suicide Squads MO though? Again limited knowledge, only seen the first film, haven't got round to the Gunn one yet.

Isn't that sort of the Suicide Squads MO though? Again limited knowledge, only seen the first film, haven't got round to the Gunn one yet.
Ooh I do recomend the James Gunn movie. It's leaps and bounds better than the original movie and is legit good. Flew under the radar for a lot of folk I think because of the reputation of the DC movies.

Ooh I do recomend the James Gunn movie. It's leaps and bounds better than the original movie and is legit good. Flew under the radar for a lot of folk I think because of the reputation of the DC movies.
Saw plenty of good things about it , but yeah I'm way behind on DC. Off the top of my head I haven't seen: Joker, The Batman, both Aquaman films, Flash, Black Adam, and the second Shazam film.
Only just finished the Fox Marvel films with Dark Phoenix and Deadpool 2 the other day. Trying to keep up with Marvel is hard enough without other things! The Marvels out on Disney+ next week is the only thing I haven't seen.

Elden Ring DLC and Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance both coming out on 21st June were the two things I was most excited for that was announced today. I was always annoyed that SMTV was a switch exclusive game because it looked like a game I would really enjoy. I'm so glad Atlus have finally realised that people want to play their games on different platforms. Bring them all to PC!

Yet to play or pick up SMT5 so this is a better time than any now with this new release. I heard it doesn't run the best on Switch anyway so will likely get it on PS5 (not that it's unplayable or anything on Switch though).

I must ask though is this just a complete edition of the game or is it similar to Persona 4 Golden or 5 Royal where it's an expanded version of the original game?

I must ask though is this just a complete edition of the game or is it similar to Persona 4 Golden or 5 Royal where it's an expanded version of the original game?
From what I understand, it's going to have an expansion and the original game. So it will have paths for both the original SMTV (Canon of Creation) and this new path (Canon of Vengeance), which adds more to the story. Along side the spruced up battle system and better field exploration. So kind of like P5 Royal but also not as there is an option to play either route.

From what I understand, it's going to have an expansion and the original game. So it will have paths for both the original SMTV (Canon of Creation) and this new path (Canon of Vengeance), which adds more to the story. Along side the spruced up battle system and better field exploration. So kind of like P5 Royal but also not as there is an option to play either route.

Ah, thanks for the info, good to know.

Back