The Football Thread

I really did a number on Digne by transferring him in!
I think @Luke is going to thrash me this week. Pep f'in' rested Sterling, my Captain and then took Walker off 6 f'in' minutes before the clean sheet cut off! Meanwhile Luke's got Aguero (cap), David Silva and De Bruyne! DeB just scored, so all 3 on the score sheet FFS!

I really did a number on Digne by transferring him in!
I think @Luke is going to thrash me this week. Pep f'in' rested Sterling, my Captain and then took Walker off 6 f'in' minutes before the clean sheet cut off! Meanwhile Luke's got Aguero (cap), David Silva and De Bruyne! DeB just scored, so all 3 on the score sheet FFS!
Ha ha we never know and that game was surprizing yesterday as I don't think anyone expected 5 - 0 in 17 mins ha ha.
Though I didn't put Lundstrom is on my bench so feelsbadman lol.

Ha ha we never know and that game was surprizing yesterday as I don't think anyone expected 5 - 0 in 17 mins ha ha.
Though I didn't put Lundstrom is on my bench so feelsbadman lol.
I've got Ake on the bench, but he's second in line, so I would need Matip to not play for him to come on. Lloris didn't play so Ryan comes in with 10! Plus 2 from my first sub, but that's not enough.
Mane is my vice captain, so will need him to do well, but not too well obviously. He can score a hat-trick as long as we score 4 😄

I've got Ake on the bench, but he's second in line, so I would need Matip to not play for him to come on. Lloris didn't play so Ryan comes in with 10! Plus 2 from my first sub, but that's not enough.
Mane is my vice captain, so will need him to do well, but not too well obviously. He can score a hat-trick as long as we score 4 😄
Yeah, It can be crazy in one FPL H2H league an opponent was 20 points ahead of me so I was congratulating him on winning the H2H league then his captain got 2 points and I got 20 points from my bench 😂

Reluctantly kept Digne on wildcard, he is such a good attacking player but being in that Everton side just hurts his potential, they haven’t got people who can convert his gem of a cross and the other Everton defenders are unreliable, just one of those players you have to take the highs and lows with I guess, you will get those double figure hauls but expect a few 0’s and 1’s along the way. City next though will be interesting!

Hopefully Sterling will be rested again in the cup and be fit and firing for next GW, Hayden 3 points off the bench I will definitely take that!

It's all gone a bit Spursy! I had Lloris in my team and thought "ah, Brighton are the lowest scorers I'll put a defender in as well." Oh dear! Makes it worse that I have Ryan as my sub, although if I had put him in Spurs would have scored a hat full.

I was feeling so negative about Chelsea coming into this season but now im loving it! Wasnt expecting our youngsters to make such a big impact tbh. Poor Utd and Spurs though, you gotta feel for them. 😆

I was feeling so negative about Chelsea coming into this season but now im loving it! Wasnt expecting our youngsters to make such a big impact tbh. Poor Utd and Spurs though, you gotta feel for them. 😆
I'm going to St. Mary's tomorrow! My step dad gave me his season ticket, so I'm an OAP for the day 😅
Can't wait!

I'd give him 3 seasons before it all falls apart! Levy won't give him money to buy 30+ players and he will strop about it!

Isn't that just typical. Had a player on my bench with decent points and a player in my team who didn't start. Then late on that player comes on, so you miss out on the points.
To make it worse that player got booked! I bet if I had the player on the bench in the team he wouldn't have got the points. Seeing as he was playing against Chelsea, maybe that's what I should have done!

Well it’s been a few months, but I’m quite happy with how the season has gone so far and I’m probably on my best run of form in FPL for about five years, Managing to get through Xmas with rank pretty much in-tact has been fantastic as I always struggle usually over Xmas, hopefully I can continue to tick along during the business end of the season with chips and DGWs/BGWs and all that! 🍟

Edit 20/1/2020: Well...that run of form came to a crashing end. 27 Points, rank halved, back outside top 100k, what a disaster. Just have to keep going and forget GW23 happened as there’s still a lot more points to be gained!

Last edited:
Jesus Motherf***ing Christ on a F***ing Bike, the curse strikes again! I had Mane as Triple Captain and he hobbles off in the first half, not the first player I've screwed over like that. Hopefully he plays next Wednesday, I need a hat-trick for any sort of decent week.
Meanwhile my opponent in our H2H league had Perez who scored 2 (his only 6th and 7th goals of the season and 3 of those were in that Saints match) and Pereira (who I took out for TAA!) with a goal and an assist. I have Vardy and Abraham who both also got injured!!!! He also has Salah as captain, I bet he scores. Actually if I put an actual bet on him scoring, he might break a leg 🤔

Back