So...

Have you decided when you are going to watch the final movie of the series?

E5N1mr3VEAEDyBu.jpg

I believe it's less than 5 hours left until midnight in UK. I don't know how new Prime Video releases are done there but here but I would assume that you will be able to watch Evangelion 3.0+1.0 in 4,5 hours exactly.

In my case it will be later but a bit more convenient - I live on west coast of Canada but Prime Video releases new movies at midnight Eastern Time (at least that's how they did it with The Tomorrow War and A Quiet Place Part II earlier this summer) so I should be able to stream the new movie around 9pm which is about 1 hour after I come from work. Just enough time to make a pizza or something.

Very excited!

EDIT: 9pm PT is around 5am in UK.

So...

View attachment 20224

I believe it's less than 5 hours left until midnight in UK. I don't know how new Prime Video releases are done there but here but I would assume that you will be able to watch Evangelion 3.0+1.0 in 4,5 hours exactly.

In my case it will be later but a bit more convenient - I live on west coast of Canada but Prime Video releases new movies at midnight Eastern Time (at least that's how they did it with The Tomorrow War and A Quiet Place Part II earlier this summer) so I should be able to stream the new movie around 9pm which is about 1 hour after I come from work. Just enough to make a pizza or something.

Very excited!
Wont be watching tonight as I work tomorrow so will be in bed well before midnight. I also have DnD tomorrow evening, so if I'm home early enough to watch it all before playing I'll watch it then. If not it'll be Saturday.

The FAQ you shared earlier gives a theory that it’s possible that Misato pressed the button after Wunder could no longer pursue Unit-13.
Yeah, I read that theory too, but I don't buy it. It goes against common sense for me.

Are you sure controls remained cut off even after Unit-13 awakened?
Mmmm, pretty sure, yeah; when Unit-13 is trapped inside the 12th Angel and starts to break its shoulder restraints, Shinji is pulling at the control levers and complaining that the Eva won't respond. Neither pilot has control of it at that point.

I looked at the scene of their arrival and no cracks are being shown. Unit-02 simply descends from the darkness.
The bit you're looking for is actually a little bit past where your screenshot's from. It's where Mari appears in her sniper position. 👍

Wont be watching tonight as I work tomorrow so will be in bed well before midnight. I also have DnD tomorrow evening, so if I'm home early enough to watch it all before playing I'll watch it then. If not it'll be Saturday.

Totally understandable. For this reason, I think, we should label all posts regarding 3.0+1.0 as spoiler, at least for this weekend.

Mmmm, pretty sure, yeah; when Unit-13 is trapped inside the 12th Angel and starts to break its shoulder restraints, Shinji is pulling at the control levers and complaining that the Eva won't respond. Neither pilot has control of it at that point.
Oh, I see. So Kaworu uses his angelic abilities of some sort in order to make it move in order to end the Fourth Impact?

It goes against common sense for me.
I'm not entirely sold on that theory yet, but I think it's possible that Misato could do it. The Second Impact messed up her entire life. Although, maybe they would have showed a moment as important as this.

As for the crack in the ceiling - that's like super dumb if true. Maybe even the dumbest thing in the entire movie series. Why would they need to open the seal? Could have just entered through the hole. And didn't they say that Unit-13 was specifically equipped to be able to go through the seal?

Oh, I see. So Kaworu uses his angelic abilities of some sort in order to make it move in order to end the Fourth Impact?
Possibly so. We've seen that Kaworu's able to do some extraordinary things, after all: in 2.22, he's sitting atop the Mark.06's finger, on the moon, wearing only jeans — no spacesuit. And in 3.33, when Kaworu has taken Shinji outside to show him the state of things, the former is casually striding down the crumbling iron steps in the gusting wind with his hands in his pockets while the latter is wearing a hazmat suit and clinging onto the chain railing for dear life.

Why would they need to open the seal? Could have just entered through the hole. And didn't they say that Unit-13 was specifically equipped to be able to go through the seal?
Kaworu did say, yeah. The seal had been in place for the past 14 years, preventing anyone from entering Lilith's chamber, according to him. And yet Asuka and Mari were able to enter through one of the cracks in the ceiling. They exit the same way too, actually.

They exit the same way too, actually.
Yeah, I remember them looking out from the crack in the ground - however that was after Unit-13 made a hole in it on it's way out.

I still hope you're mistaken and there was no crack in the ceiling :(

EDIT: Yeah, there is. But we dont know if it actually leads to outside. I think it's more like a pocket and Unit-08 chose to hide in there with a sniper rifle. Refuse to believe that these WILLE knew about this crack and NERV didn't

Last edited:
Goodness, it's been a very eventful day for upcoming releases eh? The Eva UE email from AL is the cherry on the final rebuild cake! Couldn't get me any more psyched! Plan is for a late night watch of 3.33, and if the final just happens to release on prime before I konk out,I doubt I'll be able to resist watching it....let's see. (Just seen the later posts - if it releases at 5am no way I'll be able to hold on until then heh so will be watching late tomorrow evening probably..)

I think there was not enough of "small talk:" between her and other characters to further reveal her personality. In the original show there were many moments when she is openly communicating with Shinji (like when she agrees to practice with him that dance-fight)
Completely agree on the small talk aspect and haven't really thought about how the movies would be perceived on their own, seeing as I really can't dissociate the show from the movies. Perhaps that adds to my enjoyment of the characters' recent depictions with their historical context in mind, not forgetting that it would be impossible to capture all that magic in a condensed movie, especially when new characters and story are thrown into the mix.
It really annoys me that Prime Video doesn’t want to promote these movies on social media. They spent a lot of money to acquire the rights and record new dub - why not create a post about it or two
I feel the same, can't imagine them getting it without a fight and then to not bother marketing is pretty counterproductive. Though I'd say fans would be well in the know, I myself completely & easily missed AL's lovely CE of 1.11 when caught up in work during its release years back... Likewise with anime's growing popularity it's a bit of a crime to acquire arguably the grandfather of modern anime and not shout about it from the rooftop...

All things being equal, I should be all set up to watch it after breakfast. I'm both excited and genuinely nervous at the prospect of finally seeing the conclusion to this story that's been a very important part of the last decade for me.

we should label all posts regarding 3.0+1.0 as spoiler, at least for this weekend.
A good idea, I reckon. Perhaps we should even put any posts about the film into spoiler tags in their entirety for the time being?

Perhaps we should even put any posts about the film into spoiler tags in their entirety for the time being?
Yeah, that's what I meant. maybe even not inline spoiler but the one with the button (I think inline spoilers are easier to open accidentally when you scroll through the thread on smartphone)

I was able to open Prime Video UK site on my computer. For whatever reason it doesn't show the previous three on the front page but I noticed they have also added Hideaki Anno: The Final Challenge of Evangelion (it's also seen on Hedgehog's screenshot earlier in the thread) - 2-hour documentary about the creation of 3.0+1.0. I hope it will be available in North America too because I would love to check it out tbh

Godspeed, mates! I have, as is always the case, failed spectacularly to adhere to timing and have yet to touch a single rebuild film.

I blame everything and everyone but meself 👍

I'll be returning to this thread in the coming days!

155 min, drooling right here. Hoping for some true climax!

[No spoilers for 3.0+1.0 in this post]

I just came home and Evangelion movies are, for whatever reason, already available. Quite earlier than I expected.

Haven't touched the new movie yet but I looked at two scenes from previous movies... and I was left disappointed.

In 2.22 there is a scene where Asuka meets Shinji for the first time. This is what she says in the new dub:

"You're an idiot, aren't you?! You're supposed to defend the city! Absolutely irresponsible!"

Which isn't great but from the context it's obvious that she is referring to the scene before that where Unit-02 was dispatched for the battle with Clockiel while Shinji was driving home with Misato.

However compare it with what she said in Funimation dub:

"What are you, stupid?! Were you too busy to help me out?! Not that I needed it"

I personally find the latter version more suitable for Asuka - but it doesn't matter. The question is why the heck are the two translations so different? Which one is the orginal? I don't know Japansese so I wouidn't be able to tell you. But stuff like this drives me nuts.

Hope folks enjoy the film :D .

Very curious about what folks will say but for now here is a screenshot of Tiffany Grant (on her Facebook fan group) confirming her involvement with the film's dub

What is interesting is that it appears it was recorded in December/January (!) and the others came later. Also, quite the callout on the last picture. FWIW, the third children nonsense is avoided (it's not a thing in the original Japanese for these films anyway) in the redubs (and yes, it's all new dialogue, newly recorded, not spliced). Most of the dialogue seems fine enough (sticking very close to the subs mind) but it's.... interesting in the last film, you be the judge.

Last edited:
Back